1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 16:01
    @galveston75 said
    Well to me the geological evidence is very clear. But that's not the theme of this thread. But the really big thing that is always forgotten is with God "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE". He created all life and he knows exactly, beyond or tiny little minds, how to do anything. Was anyone here on the earth after the flood? If you were did you see his dealings with animal and how they spread and repopulated the earth?
    If anyone here was there please fill us in.
    When faced with clear evidence that their whole belief system is nothing more than a fantasy, fairy tale or outright lie, Christians will always pull out the "goddidit defence ".
    "Don't let facts interfere with anything" . J. Zeth
  2. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 19:17
    @caissad4 said
    When faced with clear evidence that their whole belief system is nothing more than a fantasy, fairy tale or outright lie, Christians will always pull out the "goddidit defence ".
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but to many Christians, me included, discussions like this thread (i.e. the defence of Noah’s Ark as a literal historical occurence) is pretty embarrassing.

Having said that, it must be noted that myths and stories are certainly not useless nor unimportant in a nation’s culture. All myths make a point and are valuable in order to understand and make sense of the history and culture of people groups.

But anybody who DOES take such a myth literally, not only misses the whole point, but should be deeply pitied.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 20:03
    @caljust said
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but to many Christians, me included, discussions like this thread (i.e. the defence of Noah’s Ark as a literal historical occurence) is pretty embarrassing.

Having said that, it must be noted that myths and stories are certainly not useless nor unimportant in a nation’s culture. All myths make a point and are valuable in order to understa ...[text shortened]... y who DOES take such a myth literally, not only misses the whole point, but should be deeply pitied.
    Well said. Back 46 years ago I wanted some answers about OT history and I went to the source. A rabbi told me that many of the OT stories were not meant to be taken literally, but as teaching tools. His OT knowledge was very impressive.
    As Christianity is rooted in Judaism I regard a rabbi as a far superior authority than any Christian I have ever encountered, at least in regard to the OT.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 21:56
    @caissad4 said
    Clear evidence? OK I'm listening. Prove to me by evidence that the flood did not happen. Not just opinions by ones who were not there or even scientist who were not there, but rock solid evidence.
    I'll be waiting....
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Apr '19 22:06
    @caissad4 said
    Well said. Back 46 years ago I wanted some answers about OT history and I went to the source. A rabbi told me that many of the OT stories were not meant to be taken literally, but as teaching tools. His OT knowledge was very impressive.
    As Christianity is rooted in Judaism I regard a rabbi as a far superior authority than any Christian I have ever encountered, at least in regard to the OT.
    Oh a rabbi? Really? So he was there when all these things supposedly didn't happen? So at what point do you draw the line on what is or isn't real in the Bible? If parts are fairy tales and some are maybe real, and it's you are some rabbi that picks and chooses what you just happen to like or to just laugh off, just throw the book away. Right? What good is it to you?
    If one does not "get" the bible, it's not God's fault or a faulty book from God. It would be your fault. If ones does not want the bible to be exactly what it is, then God will let it stay that way to you because of your lack of appreciating what it is.
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 06:54
    @galveston75 said
    Oh a rabbi? Really? So he was there when all these things supposedly didn't happen? So at what point do you draw the line on what is or isn't real in the Bible? If parts are fairy tales and some are maybe real, and it's you are some rabbi that picks and chooses what you just happen to like or to just laugh off, just throw the book away. Right? What good is it to you?
    If ...[text shortened]... at it is, then God will let it stay that way to you because of your lack of appreciating what it is.
    Considering you have zero, zip, and nada proof that ANY of these events ever happened, your demanding proof from me that these things and people never happened is just plain stupid.
    Show me your proof !
    You have no proof, only rantings from your silly cult.
    You were not there, to use your own words.
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 07:04
    @galveston75 said
    Clear evidence? OK I'm listening. Prove to me by evidence that the flood did not happen. Not just opinions by ones who were not there or even scientist who were not there, but rock solid evidence.
    I'll be waiting....
    Yes, the evidence is rock solid. The evidence is in the rock formations.
    Again, to use your own words, you were not there, yet you repeatedly rant on and on that this fairytale is true.
    With a little bit of research, you or any other fool can see the truth.
  8. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 07:361 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I'll be waiting....
    Funny that you should discount what scientists say, because they weren’t there...

Of course, you were there.

OK , I will give you just one piece of “rock solid” evidence.

I live near a place called Pilansberg (look it up). It is the site of one of the oldest volcanoes on earth, about 250 to 300 M years old.

I have some rock samples that show solidified magma. What is interesting, is that there are pieces of inclusions, quite visible to the naked eye, (several mm across) that have OTHER inclusions in them, made up of rounded pebbles.

What happened is that there was an earlier eruption, magma flowed out, was eroded by water action into pebbles, settled into a sedimentary rock and THAT rock was then flung up in another secondary explosion a few million years later.

I have heard people argue that all the rock movements, eruptions, erosion, etc were caused by the single flood event in a very short time. But there is no way whatsoever that this double eruption, solidification and further eruption could have taken place in the flood-year of a hundred days.

But then God must have created the rocks to look like this just to fool us!
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 08:34
    @galveston75 said
    I'll be waiting....
    The burden of proof lies with you. It's your claim, substantiate it. This shouldn't be too hard as you said earlier in the thread -

Well to me the geological evidence is very clear.

Fire away.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 09:00
    @galveston75 said
    If ...[text shortened]... at it is, then God will let it stay that way to you because of your lack of appreciating what it is.
    And then we have denominations creating their own bible to fit their already existing mythical dogma.

No, your church has re-written our bible to conform to what their own ideas are. So what you are saying is that if you don't want the bible to be what it is, and, instead, what you want it to be, then just hire some guys to make it the way you want it to be.

You hardly have an argument to make on the sanctity of the bible when your church so blatantly violates Revelation 22:18,19.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 12:42
    @suzianne said
    And then we have denominations creating their own bible to fit their already existing mythical dogma.

No, your church has re-written our bible to conform to what their own ideas are. So what you are saying is that if you don't want the bible to be what it is, and, instead, what you want it to be, then just hire some guys to make it the way you want it to be.

You hardl ...[text shortened]... ent to make on the sanctity of the bible when your church so blatantly violates Revelation 22:18,19.
    Lol. So we've added or taken away you say? You as well as all other Christian religions that believe in the trinity have been guilty for decades with a teaching or belief that one has to accept to be allowed into those churches. A belief that cost thousands of life's to be put to death by their own church in the dark ages for not accepting it. And because of your churches accepting it about 400 years after Jesus died ( yes it was not a teaching or belief that was in the Christian churches at all ) that also made the problem of Jehovah's being Jesus's Father and being two separate beings in heaven. Not a three in one God belief which started in Babylon who Jehovah destroyed because of beliefs such as the trinity.
    So now because of that being a problem with most so called Christian churches, they have altered their bibles in the worst way imaginable. The name of Jehovah which should be in your bible over 7000 times, has been removed. This is probably about the one most sacrilegious thing a person or religion could possibly do to Jehovah. And again we've changed our Bible's? You are the one who should be leaving your church...
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 13:38
    @caljust said
    Funny that you should discount what scientists say, because they weren’t there...

Of course, you were there.

OK , I will give you just one piece of “rock solid” evidence.

I live near a place called Pilansberg (look it up). It is the site of one of the oldest volcanoes on earth, about 250 to 300 M years old.

I have some rock samples that show solidified magma. Wha ...[text shortened]... ar of a hundred days.

But then God must have created the rocks to look like this just to fool us!
    Sorry but I don't see what this has to do with the flood. Please explain..
  13. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 14:50
    @galveston75 said
    Sorry but I don't see what this has to do with the flood. Please explain..
    Really? You don't see the connection?

How do YOU explain the process that I just described in terms of Flood geology? How did that happen, according to your 6000 year chronology?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 14:56
    @proper-knob said
    The burden of proof lies with you. It's your claim, substantiate it. This shouldn't be too hard as you said earlier in the thread -

Well to me the geological evidence is very clear.

Fire away.
    OK, here we go. The proof is in the Bible itself. God created Adam and Eve and put them in the garden. He told them to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. What did the earth look like then, before the flood happened?
    God created them to live forever. But would God have created the type earth that we have today? Would he have left the earth in an unfinished state that would be dangerous to man and other life here? I'm speaking of earthquakes, tsunami's, floods, severe weather, etc.
    If one believes in God and the creation account, one would have to agree that God wouldn't have created this planet to be dangerous as it has the full capacity to kill almost all of us.
    So it would also mean that weather creating dangerous storms, faults creating earthquakes would not exist.
    So.....what could have changed the face of the earth? What would have made oceans sink or mountains that actually have sea shells to the top of it rise? What is the only thing that could have caused this drastic change? It had to be the flood with it's uncountable amount of water which not only came from the sky's but also as the bible "says' that their are huge reservoirs of water beneath the surface even to this day.
    So now suddenly their are trillions of tons of water coming down and putting tremendous weight on the surface. And you now have maybe an equal amount of water coming up out of the ground. Even if some rock is crushed it will weep water.
    So with all this weight and unaccountable tlons of water moving around and hitting everything in sight, the thicker areas of crust would probably be stable but all the thinner crusted areas will sink.
    And the weight of all this water on the surface could have made sinking land happened pretty fast as well as land rising because of the up pressure.

Also many others in the Bible mentioned the flood as well as Jesus's. Jesus even spoke about it. So with these few points about the flood that alone shows it was a true event that happened. There are even other societies that speak about the great flood.
    Again all one has to do is go and see the earth. Look and the unlevel mountain ranges or huge openings in the earth like the Grand Canyon. Or places below sea level or mountains tens of thousands of feet up in the sky.

I'll post some links that discuses this...
  15. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 16:22
    @galveston75 said
    OK, here we go. The proof is in the Bible itself. God created Adam and Eve and put them in the garden. He told them to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. What did the earth look like then, before the flood happened?
    God created them to live forever. But would God have created the type earth that we have today? Would he have left the earth in an unfinished sta ...[text shortened]... or mountains tens of thousands of feet up in the sky.

I'll post some links that discuses this...
    I see we have reached the "goddidit defence" once again.
    If that is all you got, then you have nothing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree