1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Sep '13 16:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why, perfect simply means that it was fit for a purpose.
    Fit for purpose? That's your definition of perfect?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '13 17:24
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Fit for purpose? That's your definition of perfect?
    Yes, minimal tis it not?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Sep '13 17:28
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    My scepticism is boundless!

Mary Seacole is the preferred heroine for today's children. 😛
    She had Scottish blood in her, we must raise a statue in Stirling castle to her memory, beside Robert Bruce, James MacFadden, Bon Scott and Deigo Maradonna!
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Sep '13 21:51
    Yes, minimal tis it not?
    Minimal? More like mediocre.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 08:18
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Minimal? More like mediocre.
    dude please, you know i like to define my own terms 😛
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Sep '13 08:47
    She had Scottish blood in her, we must raise a statue in Stirling castle to her memory, beside Robert Bruce, James MacFadden, Bon Scott and Deigo Maradonna!
    She was half British!
    😉
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 03:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "The atheist atheists love to hate"

"Hobart Mauer, famed psychologist, who earned his doctorate degree from Johns Hopkins, for four years was instructor at Yale, for eight years taught at Harvard, and in 1954 became president of the American Psychological Association was also an avowed atheist, and ended his life by suicide.

In 1960 he wrote an article entitled “Sin, the Lesser of Two Evils,” in The American Psychologist magazine. In it he said, “For several decades we psychologists have looked upon the whole matter of sin and moral accountability as a great incubus and we have acclaimed our freedom from it as epic making. But at length we have discovered to be free in this sense to have the excuse of being sick rather than being sinful is to also court the danger of becoming lost. In becoming amoral, ethically neutral and free, we have cut the very roots of our being, lost our deepest sense of selfhood and identity. And with neurotics themselves, asking, “Who am I? What is my deepest destiny? And what does living really mean?”

His letter generated so much controversy that in a follow up article he clarified writing, “If we merely call it wrong-doing, we do not understand the gravity of what it is to violate some of these moral laws from which we are trying to break ourselves away." http://truthlab.wordpress.com/tag/hobart-mauer/

"Mowrer had hoped to remain professionally active in retirement, but circumstances forced him to slow down shortly after he retired in 1975. Molly became seriously ill and he developed medical problems of his own. Molly's death in 1979 was a great loss, and also left him with few responsibilities. He had accepted that his periodic depressions would never be entirely cured, and had long held the opinion that suicide was a reasonable choice in some circumstances. He committed suicide in 1982 at the age of 75." (wiki) Comments?

Wonder why the conversation ended abruptly?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Oct '13 17:39
    I am watching this testimonial and have seen enough to recommend it.

An Atheist's Journey to Faith - Holly Ordway, Phd.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree