1. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    28 May '13 21:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Because you can not see constructive criticism does not mean it is not there. I am certainly not telling them to continue hijacking planes and piloting them into buildings to kill many innocent people, nor am I telling them to strap bombs on their bodies to blow up innocent bystanders, or to launch rockets into israel to kill the innocent school childeren. ...[text shortened]... stop, they don't listen anyway. So what constructive criticism must I offer?

The instructor
    Well to say Islam is the 'beast' is not helping, it certainly doesn't help the cause of Christ. Remember the crucifixion, it speaks volumes of what our posture should be towards others, especially non-believers. I recommend the Passion, an excellent depiction of the love of Jesus for us.

Matthew 22:36-40

New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 May '13 21:37
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    Well to say Islam is the 'beast' is not helping, it certainly doesn't help the cause of Christ. Remember the crucifixion, it speaks volumes of what our posture should be towards others, especially non-believers. I recommend the Passion, an excellent depiction of the love of Jesus for us.

Matthew 22:36-40

New International Version (NIV)

36 “Tea ...[text shortened]... r neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
    Jesus also said, "For I say to you, among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist... And when all the people heard Him, even the tax collectors justified God, having been baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the will of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him."

(Luke 7:28-30 NKJV)

Why did they behead John the baptist?

The Instructor
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    28 May '13 22:24
    [b]Jesus also said, "For I say to you, among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist... And when all the people heard Him, even the tax collectors justified God, having been baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the will of God for themselves, not having been baptized by him."

(Luke 7:28-30 NKJV)

Why did they behead John the baptist?

The Instructor[/b]
    It was not they but he, Herod. He was trapped by his words when he offered his stepdaughter anything she wanted as a 'thank you for dancing'. Herods wife pretty much forced her daughter to ask for Johns head on a platter.

And King Herod heard of it, for His name had become well known; and people were saying, "John the Baptist has risen from the dead, and that is why these miraculous powers are at work in Him." But others were saying, "He is Elijah." And others were saying, " He is a prophet, like one of the prophets of old. " But when Herod heard of it, he kept saying, "John, whom I beheaded, has risen!" For Herod himself had sent and had John arrested and bound in prison on account of Herodias, the wife of his brother Philip, because he had married her. For John had been saying to Herod, "It is not lawful for you to have your brother's wife." Herodias had a grudge against him and wanted to put him to death and could not do so; for Herod was afraid of John, knowing that he was a righteous and holy man, and he kept him safe. And when he heard him, he was very perplexed; but he used to enjoy listening to him. A strategic day came when Herod on his birthday gave a banquet for his lords and military commanders and the leading men of Galilee; and when the daughter of Herodias herself came in and danced, she pleased Herod and his dinner guests; and the king said to the girl, "Ask me for whatever you want and I will give it to you." And he swore to her, "Whatever you ask of me, I will give it to you; up to half of my kingdom." And she went out and said to her mother, "What shall I ask for?" And she said, "The head of John the Baptist." Immediately she came in a hurry to the king and asked, saying, "I want you to give me at once the head of John the Baptist on a platter." And although the king was very sorry, yet because of his oaths and because of his dinner guests, he was unwilling to refuse her. Immediately the king sent an executioner and commanded him to bring back his head. And he went and had him beheaded in the prison, and brought his head on a platter, and gave it to the girl; and the girl gave it to her mother. When his disciples heard about this, they came and took away his body and laid it in a tomb. (Mark 6:14-29 NASB)

Not sure what that has to do with current discussion, please illuminate.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 May '13 22:58
    It was not they but he, Herod. He was trapped by his words when he offered his stepdaughter anything she wanted as a 'thank you for dancing'. Herods wife pretty much forced her daughter to ask for Johns head on a platter.

And King Herod heard of it, for His name had become well known; and people were saying, "John the Baptist has risen from the dead, and ...[text shortened]...
    Not sure what that has to do with current discussion, please illuminate.
    John the baptist did not remain quite about the wrongs of others, even though it cost him his head in the end. Why then should I remain quite about the evils being performed by Muslims in the name of Allah of the religion of islam? Isn't what they have done in the name of Allah of much greater evil?

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    28 May '13 23:04
    John the baptist did not remain quite about the wrongs of others, even though it cost him his head in the end. Why then should I remain quite about the evils being performed by Muslims in the name of Allah of the religion of islam? Isn't what they have done in the name of Allah of much greater evil?

The Instructor
    I guess we all have to do what we have to do.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 May '13 23:182 edits
    I guess we all have to do what we have to do.
    It is God that reveals what we have to do. Believe on the Lord Jesus the Christ and you shall be saved. We are to serve God and not Satan.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    28 May '13 23:42
    It is God that reveals what we have to do. Believe on the Lord Jesus the Christ and you shall be saved. We are to serve God and not Satan.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    Has God told you to talk about other faiths, specifically Islam in the way you have?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '13 00:25
    Has God told you to talk about other faiths, specifically Islam in the way you have?
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

John 3:16-21 NIV)

Those who forsake instruction praise the wicked,
    but those who heed it resist them.

(Proverbs 28:4 NIV)

The Instructor
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    29 May '13 00:50

For God ... (Edit) ... resist them.

The Instructor
    🙂, I've enjoyed our exchanges.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '13 03:36
    Now, that we have settled that, shall we get back to the beast out of the earth. Of course, this beast is not specifically identified, however, the video speculates that it might be Iran, since it is not headed by a King at present, and it is a strong Islamic nation that speaks like a dragon. However, we also have Iraq and Afghanistan that are not led by a king either, but they seem subdued for the moment. So we can only speculate at this time and wait until more details are revealed.

Does anyone have any opinions that they would like to share on this beast?

The Instructor
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 May '13 11:44
    Now, that we have settled that, shall we get back to the beast out of the earth. Of course, this beast is not specifically identified, however, the video speculates that it might be Iran, since it is not headed by a King at present, and it is a strong Islamic nation that speaks like a dragon. However, we also have Iraq and Afghanistan that are not led by ...[text shortened]...

Does anyone have any opinions that they would like to share on this beast?

The Instructor
    It could also very well be the whole concept is full of shyte and you are just another duped into believing what other people tell you. Which has been proven over and over again.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 May '13 15:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It could also very well be the whole concept is full of shyte and you are just another duped into believing what other people tell you. Which has been proven over and over again.
    That is an opinion that I think is highly unlikely.

The instructor
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '13 02:591 edit
    The beast out of the sea probably refers to the Mediterranean Sea. But the beast out of the earth is somewhat more of a puzzle for me. Could it refer to land away from the Mediterranean Sea or perhaps it comes out of the Holy Land of Israel. Could it refer to the occupied territory called Palestine or the West Bank?

I believe this beast must also be Islamic, but I am in doubt as to were it comes from because of my lack of understanding of the meaning of "earth" in the vision. Does anyone have better insight or some idea?

The Instructor
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 May '13 13:22
    The beast out of the sea probably refers to the Mediterranean Sea. But the beast out of the earth is somewhat more of a puzzle for me. Could it refer to land away from the Mediterranean Sea or perhaps it comes out of the Holy Land of Israel. Could it refer to the occupied territory called Palestine or the West Bank?

I believe this beast must also be Is ...[text shortened]... ing of "earth" in the vision. Does anyone have better insight or some idea?

The Instructor
    The beast is the U.S. (?)

Lets face it, the other half of the world seem to think so..
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '13 17:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The beast is the U.S. (?)

Lets face it, the other half of the world seem to think so..
    Well, I doubt if it is the U.S. unless it becomes an Islamic nation like Obama wants it to be. But, I guess we will have to wait awhile and see what more is revealed. We can't entirely rule that idea out since the U.S. does have a Muslim president now.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree