The Bible accepts homosexuality!

The Bible accepts homosexuality!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
03 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by bbarr
Your concern is appreciated. Most days, I feel no loathing at all. Then again, I live in Seattle. We don't have many fundamentalists. It's quite pleasant, actually. Sorry to hear about your inability to freely express your disgust and intolerance towards others. We protect that sort of speech here.
I dont think expressing anger is healthy, just saying, you'll give yourself an ulcer.
exercising ones conscience and expressing ones morality is hardly synonymous with
disgust and hatred, yes you can practice such things, but its extreme in your case,
those crazy baptists can turn up at soldiers funerals and mouth off. They have no
sense of decorum. Here its the opposite, its only a matter of time before
homosexuality is mandatory.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]I'll admit, I was so disgusted by this very subject I requested not once, but twice, that the moderators move this thread elsewhere.

I find your attitude extraordinary. The Bible explicitly condemns homosexuals to death, the Christian government in Uganda only recently tried to get a bill passed through that would make homosexuality punishable ...[text shortened]... igion is somehow 'disgusting'.

It would be funny if it wasn't quite so utterly tragic.[/b]
The reminder you give here that even in this supposedly enlightened age we still have people, on behalf of their imaginary friends, petitioning to have people murdered for peacefully pursuing what makes them happy (and making the best out of their one and only life) redoubles my aggressive stance towards fundamentalists and indeed organised religion of any flavour.

The attitude of people like Sumydid makes me want to vomit. 😞

rc

Moves
03 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
The reminder you give here that even in this supposedly enlightened age we still have people, on behalf of their imaginary friends, petitioning to have people murdered for peacefully pursuing what makes them happy (and making the best out of their one and only life) redoubles my aggressive stance towards fundamentalists and indeed organised religion of any flavour.

The attitude of people like Sumydid makes me want to vomit. 😞
for goodnesss sake, whats with you people, you can tear to shreds someone's religious
beliefs without the slightest concern for how it may affect them but when people start
to really get to the meat of the matter you guys become squeamish?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
03 Nov 11
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
for goodnesss sake, whats with you people, you can tear to shreds someone's religious
beliefs without the slightest concern for how it may affect them but when people start
to really get to the meat of the matter you guys become squeamish?
We squeamish atheists are not trying to have you slaughtered or silenced
(as is the most Sumydid would be capable of for now - it wouldn\'t surprise me to learn he supports any policy that involves killing gay people)
for your beliefs though are we!?

rc

Moves
03 Nov 11

We evil atheists not trying to have you killed or silenced (as is the most Sumydid would be capable of for now) for your beliefs though are we!?
I need to read his text again, perhaps i have missed something that was not initially
apparent. You cant kill me, ill get resurrected!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Nov 11

We evil atheists are not trying to have you slaughtered or silenced[hidden](as is the most Sumydid would be capable of for now - it wouldn\'t surprise me to learn he supports any policy that involves killing gay people)[/hidden]for your beliefs though are we!?
There's the rub, homosexuality is illegal in 93 countries worldwide and punishable by death in 7. There are numerous countries where male homosexuality is illegal, but female homosexuality is legal.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
...but female homosexuality is legal.
That's because it's hotter. Totally understandable.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Nov 11

Originally posted by sumydid
I would say that Robbie is correct. In my estimation, there are relatively few people that don't separate at least to some degree... the self-sacrificing, heartfelt, kinship, oneness, wholesome love one feels for their loved one, and the act of fornication; sodomy, standard, or otherwise. And this goes especially for the case of sodomy because it is ...[text shortened]... onymous on some level. I respect their decision but I disagree wholeheartedly.

Good day.
I would say that Robbie is correct. In my estimation, there are relatively few people that don't separate at least to some degree... the self-sacrificing, heartfelt, kinship, oneness, wholesome love one feels for their loved one, and the act of fornication; sodomy, standard, or otherwise. And this goes especially for the case of sodomy because it is a completely one-sided act as far as orgasm goes.

There are so many problems with what you are saying here. First, orgasm is possible for both partners engaging in anal-penetrative intercourse. Presumably you have not engaged in this sexual activity so you are not competent to tell whether it is pleasurable for both partners or not. Second, homosxual eroticism does not exclusively, or in fact necessarily, involve anal-penetrative intercourse. There are many gay men who are squeamish about the idea of it. In fact, I think research indicates that anal sex is not the predominant sexual activity in the gay community. Third, I think that there are many gay men who have the maturity to distinguish between sexual activity and a loving relationship. I think you are just woefully ignorant here.

I'll admit, I was so disgusted by this very subject I requested not once, but twice, that the moderators move this thread elsewhere. Evidently they feel that sodomy and spirituality are synonymous on some level. I respect their decision but I disagree wholeheartedly.

Of course this thread belongs here. This is the forum for religious debate, and the subject of homosexuality, which is controversial in the sphere of religion, is therefore relevant. Your disgust is unimportant. I personally find the idea of vaginal sex quite abhorrent but I won't condemn discussion of it simply because of my disgust.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Heck your gay?

Unreal. I mean thats good.
Good that you can tell us, it really sheds some light on your other posting.

Not to mention the respect you get from me for telling the forum that!
Yes, I have mentioned this before. I just generally do not wave the LGBT flag.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Nov 11

Second, Robbie is suggesting that homosexuality is simply a matter of 'where one
sticks one's willy'

If you actually read the text you will see that i did state that human sexuality was not
simplistic, quite the opposite, that me and Zhalanzi were exchanging some ribaldry
should also be self evident. Did i not also state that love need not be synonymous
with a sexual act? well, then.
So you acknowledge that gay and lesbian couples may experience real loving intimacy outside of any sexual intercourse they can engage in?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Nov 11

Originally posted by Conrau K
[b]I would say that Robbie is correct. In my estimation, there are relatively few people that don't separate at least to some degree... the self-sacrificing, heartfelt, kinship, oneness, wholesome love one feels for their loved one, and the act of fornication; sodomy, standard, or otherwise. And this goes especially for the case of sodomy because i ...[text shortened]... aginal sex quite abhorrent but I won't condemn discussion of it simply because of my disgust.
I believe that it is this anal-penetrative intercourse that you refer to that
the Holy Bible calls an abomination to God.

rc

Moves
04 Nov 11
2 edits

So you acknowledge that gay and lesbian couples may experience real loving intimacy outside of any sexual intercourse they can engage in?
we feel affection for all sorts of people, what of it? It does not mean that we should
seek to demonstrate our affection in some kind of sexual act, does it. There are
other ways you know.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Nov 11

we feel affection for all sorts of people, what of it? It does not mean that we should
seek to demonstrate our affection in some kind of sexual act, does it. There are
other ways you know.
Do you think that a married heterosexual couple would be expressing their 'affection' through perpetual abstinence from their conjugal rights?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe that it is this anal-penetrative intercourse that you refer to that
the Holy Bible calls an abomination to God.
That's nice.

rc

Moves
04 Nov 11
1 edit

Do you think that a married heterosexual couple would be expressing their 'affection' through perpetual abstinence from their conjugal rights?
no, not unless by mutual consent. They are of course free to express their affection in
other ways.