1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 03:32
    Originally posted by Taoman
    No, it was a typo. I meant to say the common but less interesting "agree to disagree". But your rephrase is also interesting. Sometimes perhaps that is what happens. Disagreeing, just for the sake of disagreeing. Don't give an inch, type of thing.
    and that is an expose of the root idols used to control people; their beliefs.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 04:20
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The way you use this phrase turns it into meaningless gibberish, like an incantation by a wizard. Is that really your intention?
    It is meaningful to me and I use it as praise to the true triune God.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 04:23
    Originally posted by Taoman
    'disagree to disagree' lol. Yes a typo. Although it does have a certain Spirituality Forum flavour. How does one go about disagreeing to disagree?

Can't really define it, but stick around here long enough and I'm sure the answer to that koan will come. lol!
    Yes I think you are right. There seems to be some on here that just want to disagree to disagree. Ha ha 😀
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 04:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is precisely my argument against certain rites in the RCC.

How many "Hail Mary"s and rosaries have to be said before one loses the true meaning of them? This is also why I am against such things as the Book of Common Prayer, even though it is somewhat central to my own faith.
    It may not have much meaning to those that are not Roman Catholics, but I have no objections to those that say it as long as it has deep meaning to them. But making vain repetitions is frowned on by Jesus.

And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
    (Matthew 5:7 NKJV)

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree