1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 17:32
    Originally posted by ilywrin
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    [b]Indeed I could have picked any of them.
    You say religion is a conscious choice, I agree & disagree. One could take the selection of sports team for example, How many adults still blindly support the same sports team, (even if they are rubbish) as the one that their father introduced them too?. The influences that ...[text shortened]... " way. To doubt is the way of the rational thinker. To accept is the way of the believer.

wherever did you get the idea that Ptolemy said the earth was flat?
    lo;,, he was buried under six feet of it for 300 years before a monk named Cosmas came up with that bit of nonsense.

http://home1.gte.net/deleyd/religion/galileo/flatearth.html
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 17:431 edit
    Originally posted by Valdorien
    i think there's countless reasons on earth... but no one really nos 4 sure. but it's nice 2 just b here sometimes
    I'd like a
    k, w, f, r, & t

I'd also like to buy 2 vowels,
    o & e

And now I will solve.

"I think there's countless reasons on earth... but no one realy knows for sure. But it's nice to be here sometimes".

P-
  3. Joined
    30 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 17:54
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    wherever did you get the idea that Ptolemy said the earth was flat?
    lo;,, he was buried under six feet of it for 300 years before a monk named Cosmas came up with that bit of nonsense.

http://home1.gte.net/deleyd/religion/galileo/flatearth.html
    Hehehe, I did not, I was only answering to the idea that sun rotated around the Earth. Sorry, I must have misread that part in the original post 🙁.
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 18:051 edit
    Hehehe, I did not, I was only answering to the idea that sun rotated around the Earth. Sorry, I must have misread that part in the original post 🙁.
    'sok my understanding was the flat earth came from the 4 corner in the old testament and possibly comes from the earlier 4 corners in Sumerian writings that also added a 5th meaning "up" (but that's stuff I've read and haven't seen the actual translation) althought the monk would have gotten it from the OT.
  5. Joined
    30 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 19:30
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    'sok my understanding was the flat earth came from the 4 corner in the old testament and possibly comes from the earlier 4 corners in Sumerian writings that also added a 5th meaning "up" (but that's stuff I've read and haven't seen the actual translation) althought the monk would have gotten it from the OT.
    Quite possible. I've read somewhere that the whole creation myth was taken
    from the Sumerians; however in their version the Serpent was the good, creative force, unlike the OT.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 20:35
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    [b]What's the reason we were put here?

I think it is obvious:
    To spam these forums with meaningless debates 🙄
    EDIT: spelling 🙁[/b]
    I can only assume you have a different definition of "spam" than most. I fail to see how an interactive question, asked once, qualifies as spam.
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 21:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    30 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 21:10
    I can only assume you have a different definition of "spam" than most. I fail to see how an interactive question, asked once, qualifies as spam.
    You take too seriously a post that was meant to be humorous 😉 Hmm... I have not really checked the definition of spam but I'll do so, so that I do not repeats such mistakes in the future. With best regards,
    P
  9. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 21:19
    You take too seriously a post that was meant to be humorous 😉 Hmm... I have not really checked the definition of spam but I'll do so, so that I do not repeats such mistakes in the future. With best regards,
    P
    http://www.wheely-bin.co.uk/albums/spam/aaa.jpg
  10. Joined
    30 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 21:211 edit
    Originally posted by dale21
    http://www.wheely-bin.co.uk/albums/spam/aaa.jpg
    Thank you, I now feel one step closer to enlightenment. 🙂

11. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 21:25
    Thank you, I now feel one step closer to enlightenment. 🙂

Spam is the key!! Im glad i could show you the path, but you must walk for yourself.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 21:58
    P
    Humor is expressly forbidden in the Spirituality forum.
  13. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 22:03
    Humor is expressly forbidden in the Spirituality forum.
    Then why are you in here, Your a joke!!
    😉
  14. R.I.P.
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 22:20
    Originally posted by Phledos

To Jay Peatea: That thought has crossed my mind many many times: How do I know that what my Dad has told me is true? I decided to find out for myself. I studied on my own and looked at eveidence from history and bible to support what I had already been taught. It fitted very well.
    He walked on water as he had the power of God. (Mathew 17:14) 'With faith ...[text shortened]... rry if this is a bit long.
    Hi LemonJello, I will try to answer your question underneath.

So what evidence did you find to collaborate the story of jesus walking on water ?
  15. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    08 Jul '05 22:27
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    So what evidence did you find to collaborate the story of jesus walking on water ?
    oh oh i know the answer to this one..
    is it this....
    http://www.de-club.net/lpl/image/download_5/big/jelly.jpg

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree