The Bible is very True

The Bible is very True

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
08 Jul 05

Originally posted by Phledos
Im sure that you would agree that the most logical reason why humans live on earth is because someone put us here. Think about it.

Maybe your right, but isn't it also equally feasible that that someone might have come from another planet. Perhaps some daft alien genetic experiment, a crash landing, or just plain exploration & settlement ?

d

Riding the Atom Bomb

Moves
08 Jul 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
Maybe your right, but isn't it also equally feasible that that someone might have come from another planet. Perhaps some daft alien genetic experiment, a crash landing, or just plain exploration & settlement ?
so E.T is God? 😉

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
08 Jul 05
2 edits

Originally posted by ilywrin
I think you misunderstand my view. It is not Bible that gives "mystical" teachings, it is the mind of the believer that thinks in "mystical" way. To doubt is the way of the rational thinker. To accept is the way of the believer.
To be honest I am still a little unclear exactly what your point is. However the biblical stories have both a mystical & a rational elements. Mystical being the stuff like the miracles, & the rational being stuff like riding a donkey. The believer believes that it is all true, so rather than thinking in a mystical way, they are thinking in a rational way. Its just that they think that the mystical elements are rational (i.e rational because they are explainable by god).

Christianity was built on these mystical elements found in the bible. If you took away the mystical stuff, you would have just another book about a man, his life and his teachings. Would Christianity be the same and as popular as it is today? Maybe, but I doubt it. Christianity was and continues to be founded on these mystical stories.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
08 Jul 05

Originally posted by dale21
so E.T is God? 😉
If god resides in heaven, and heaven isn't on earth, then technically he could be classified as an alien 🙂

P

Moves
09 Jul 05

Originally posted by ilywrin
Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
[b]What's the reason we were put here?

I think it is obvious:
To spam these forums with meaningless debates 🙄
EDIT: spelling 🙁[/b]
Hah.

P

Moves
09 Jul 05

yes the bible says a lot of things. i personally think the widespread popularity of the bible demonstrates nothing. not all that long ago, nearly everyone also believed the earth was flat like a pancake -- this tasty assertion appealed to even the 'refined' palate. even widespread popular beliefs need to be challenged and thoughtfully analyzed.
Yes everyone thought the world was flat. It was eventually discovered it wasnt flat but was a sphere or a circular shape.

It said this in the bible 2000 years before. (Isaiah 40:21-22)

P

Moves
09 Jul 05

Ok.....

So a lot of people love SPAM.

Brilliant!

I dont think theres anything wrong with laughing over SPAM.....

P

Moves
09 Jul 05

Originally posted by dale21
oh oh i know the answer to this one..
is it this....
http://www.de-club.net/lpl/image/download_5/big/jelly.jpg
HeHe. He used Jelly. Theres the answer.

Of course we humans cannot walk on water, but as mentioned above,

Faith = Holy Spirit (Power)
Holy Spirit (Power) = Abilties (eg. Walking on water)

I feel god helps all the time in this way.

P

Moves
09 Jul 05

That is feasible. I would agree that you are on the right lines. Whether or not we came from Aliens, or God.

Hopefully we can assert that there is some form of life out their that we can look up to.

P

Moves
09 Jul 05

If god resides in heaven, and heaven isn't on earth, then technically he could be classified as an alien 🙂
Definatly.

P

Moves
09 Jul 05

In my search for the truth on these matters, I decided to study everything.

I have looked at nearly all of the religions. (Hindu, muslim, Sikh, Islam, Christianity and Many more) I have also looked at Evolution from a neutral point of view.

I have conlcued that many world religions are very similar in their ideas. Musilms are encouraged by the Quran to read the bible. Allah is God. The Greek ideas and Romans believed that there was order in the heavens, ruled by a main God. Zulus believe in Unkulunkulu which when translated means 'YHVH' or Gods name (Jehovah).

I could go on.

The point is, many ideas stem back from one simple teaching, the trick now is to find out, which one. All these religions point to a God as there leader.

I have looked at evolution and calculated the probabilities. They are very very long.

I also looked at the fossil record, which suggests , that life seemed to suddenly flourished out of no where in the Cambrian period. (That is proper archeological findings)

_____

Perhaps God used the big bang and evoltuion to create life. After all, if you can control power, then you can do many things with it.

Bye 🙂

P

Moves
09 Jul 05

Look at this,

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/help/timeform.html

It suggests that life began, just at the end of the Proterozoic Era (just before the Cambrian period).

This suggests that life appeared all so suddenly. (Creation)

Bye

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
09 Jul 05

Originally posted by Phledos
Look at this,

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/help/timeform.html

It suggests that life began, just at the end of the Proterozoic Era (just before the Cambrian period).

This suggests that life appeared all so suddenly. (Creation)

Bye
That site certainly does not say that.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/precambrian/archaean.html

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
09 Jul 05

Originally posted by Valdorien
sort of but it's borin when u can't type one on one. here u always have to wait! ah the bloody horror of waiting tick tock! if there's a way to type with people one on one would b nice. i just gots to find out how.... oh well hinking over... i am stumpted
You could always play a little chess in between posts. Just an idea, this being a chess site and all.

V

Moves
09 Jul 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I'd like a
k, w, f, r, & t

I'd also like to buy 2 vowels,
o & e

And now I will solve.

"I think there's countless reasons on earth... but no one realy knows for sure. But it's nice to be here sometimes".

P-
just typing the way i want 2! is that a bad thing? o--_--o