The Big Bang!

The Big Bang!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Moves
12 Sep 05

Has anyone else here heard of 'Pastafarianism"????

Hmmm . . .

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
[b]The big bang theory was especially invented to contradict the Genesis account

"paranoia strikes deep; into your life it will creep. it starts when you're always afraid; step out of line, the men come, and take you away."

--Buffalo Springfield[/b]
"Stop children, what's that sound? Ev'rybody look what's goin' down."

Hmmm . . .

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
I can almost see GOD laughing at most of these comments.How can a man that does not belive in GOD. Ever understand how GOD acts or thinks? How can an unbeliever ever understand that GOD is not foolish. HE does not have to explain to man how or why, HE does what HE does. If you can not accept the simple fact that...... In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. GENESIS 1:1 Then you will never understand how or why HE did it.
If you can not accept the simple fact that...... In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

By what criteria does this statement deserve to be accepted as a “simple fact?”

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
12 Sep 05

Originally posted by irishhebrew82
Has anyone else here heard of 'Pastafarianism"????
We have a much better version of heaven than these christians. Why fly around on clouds when you could have a beer volcano and a striper factory?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Sep 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Pauline doctrine strikes again !
Yep, its a false religion based on plagerism from day one.
For instance the 7 day creation myth was present on 5,000
year old Cartuch drawings I saw myself in the Cairo museum.
And it should be called Paulinity not Christianity because the whole
thing was dreamed up by Paul after a few too many days in the desert
probably eating fungus laden bread.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Sep 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
Cool. If that is so then why do you need a theory to explain the origin of man and the universe? Why don't you leave that to religion?
Because we are using very powerful instrument that can be used
by anyone educated in their use to see what the theories are talking
about. Gravity bends light. Fact. Cosmic background radiation, fact.
Time shifts in differant gravity field strength, fact. We don't need god
to tell us that, we figured it out all by our poor pitiful selves.
Our poor pitiful selves who come out of the womb, no, even inside
the womb, we are supposed to believe we are damned already unless
we accept the word of your god. Notice I said "Your".
If we accept the word of another god, "Your" god damns us to hell.
Nice guy.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
18 Nov 05

Moves
19 Nov 05

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Dug up this gem.

How do you refute red-shifting? Or the cosmic background radiation, discovered in 1947 by Bell Telephone?

Do you believe the universe is expanding?
Check out this site: That should sum it up pretty well.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/2635

Moves
19 Nov 05

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Dug up this gem.

How do you refute red-shifting? Or the cosmic background radiation, discovered in 1947 by Bell Telephone?

Do you believe the universe is expanding?
Just by the way, Sas, according to the big bang theory, all the matter in the universe was squashed into a little dot, which was spinning before it exploded. Would you mind explaining why some plants spin in a clockwise directing and other plantes spin in a anti-clockwise direction. This totally contradicts the law of conservation of cirular momentum.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Nov 05

Just by the way, Sas, according to the big bang theory, all the matter in the universe was squashed into a little dot, which was spinning before it exploded. Would you mind explaining why some plants spin in a clockwise directing and other plantes spin in a anti-clockwise direction. This totally contradicts the law of conservation of cirular momentum.
How could anything at a singularity be spinning? Please cite a source for the "Law of Circular Momentum".

Moves
19 Nov 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
How could anything at a singularity be spinning? Please cite a source for the "Law of Circular Momentum".
How could anything at a singularity be spinning?

Ask the guy that came up with the big bang theory. Read any Science texbook that explains the big bang theory and you'll see that no reason is even given for the matter to start spinning in the first place.

Please cite a source for the "Law of Circular Momentum".

I could not find one with a simple google search... But let me try to explain... Just imagine four kids holding on to a merry-go-round. Spin the merry-go-round in a clock-wise direction at say 100 miles per hour. Then imagine the kids let go of the merry-go-round. They will fly off the merry-go-round and they will be sprinning in the a clock-wise direction, due to the law of the conservation of circular momentum.

Now occording to the big bang theory, all the matter in the universe was squished into a dot smaller than a a period on page. This dot apparently started spinning at a huge speed. How this is possible, I can only imagine...

Then apparently there was a big bang which caused all the matter in this dot to disintergrate and eventually form the planets we have today. Now the first problem I have with this is that all the matter in the universe should be evenly distributed, but it isn't. Secondly, according to the law of conservation of circular momentum all the planets should be spinning in the same direction, but this is not the case. Do you have any explanation for this? If you ask me i'll say God created the universe that way to make the big bang theory look stupid.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
19 Nov 05
1 edit

Just imagine four kids holding on to a merry-go-round. Spin the merry-go-round in a clock-wise direction at say 100 miles per hour. Then imagine the kids let go of the merry-go-round. They will fly off the merry-go-round and they will be sprinning in the a clock-wise direction, due to the law of the conservation of circular momentum.
Something tells me you have a severe misunderstanding of inertia and angular momentum.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Nov 05

[b]How could anything at a singularity be spinning?

Ask the guy that came up with the big bang theory. Read any Science texbook that explains the big bang theory and you'll see that no reason is even given for the matter to start spinning in the first place.

Please cite a source for the "Law of Circular Momentum".

I could not find o ...[text shortened]... you ask me i'll say God created the universe that way to make the big bang theory look stupid.[/b]
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Take your own advice and read an Astronomy textbook and you'll see that matter wasn't "spinning" in the singularity. The rest of your crap is confused rubbish; there was a long time from the Big Bang to the formation of planets and the theories of solar system formation explain the rotation of the planets.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Nov 05
1 edit

Translating djbeckerize into scientific English, he appears to be claiming that the fact that three planets in the Solar System (as well as some moons and other smaller objects) have "retrograde rotation" disproves the Big Bang theory because it violates the "Law of Circular Momentum". This nonsense is discussed and debunked on talkorigins at http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CE/CE260.html.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Nov 05

This is a better discussion of the specific point from talkorigins:

Claim CE260.1:
If the spin of planets, galaxies, etc., came from the fact that the big bang matter was spinning when it blew up, then the conservation of angular momentum demands that all planets be spinning in the same direction. Since some planets and moons spin in a retrograde motion, the big bang is disproved.
Source:
All About GOD Ministries, 2002. Big bang theory. http://www.big-bang-theory.com/
Response:
The claim is based on so much ignorance and so many misunderstandings that it is hard to know where to begin.
The big bang was not an explosion. Space itself expanded (and is still expanding).
The big bang is quite a different subject from the formation of solar systems. Rotations within the universe are not expected to be related to any rotation of the cosmos. Galaxies probably arose from slightly denser regions of the early universe, which coalesced and combined due to gravitational and viscous interactions. Since these early density fluctuations were apparently random, we expect galaxies to have random orientations. Solar systems within galaxies have still different origins and additional random influences on their orientations.
Conservation of angular momentum doesn't require that everything spin the same way. It requires that a change in spin in one object be compensated for by an opposite change in spin in one or more other objects. Retrograde planets are not a violation of angular momentum because other bodies in the early solar system could account for the compensating spin.

If the big bang were an explosion, we would expect different spins. When something explodes, pieces fly out spinning in all directions.