1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 00:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'm dead serious about not being serious. Seriously.
    It is important for me to say that at this moment, I have nothing important to say on this thread.
  2. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 00:591 edit
    She's gotta glare initially, she's a chick

I still aiming my buns at RJ although I'm not the one leaving thumbs down on his posts. And he actually has gotten better, but if you want to wake up and find a zinger to get you going in the morning, just goto an RJ post. He's the master.
    The rules are we don't single out and pick on people. Your buns are small. Grab something big.

(And don't get the buns confused! lol.)
  3. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 01:091 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    It is important for me to say that at this moment, I have nothing important to say on this thread.
    My buns have run out.

He sits in the mess, and asks;

"What is the meaning of Bhodidharma coming from the East?"

Looks blankly.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 07:261 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Okay, you’ve piqued me (in a good way) to try one last shot explaining Zen (or at least its use of “riddling” language), which I really haven’t done in awhile. Hope you will bear with me. Then I have to go to the bookshelf, in part for a book I have by a well-known medical researcher/brain scientist called Zen and the Brain

[b]I come here becaus ...[text shortened]... ing the exact same distinction that he did, however—before some Wittgensteinian jumps on me! 😉
    [/b]I think I am much too simple a person to enjoy that level of complexity vistesd; although do I think I understand where you coming from, even if I'm not completely following you at the same time. Whilst I struggle to comprehend the nuance and meaning of what some (Zen/Buddhists/other) post here, there are other indicators of the person which provide more insight than the mere arrangement of letters and words on a screen.

Although I profess to follow the Christian ideal, I have few Christian friends; in fact the people I'm closest to at RHP are compiled of atheists and agnostics mostly. This is I’m sure, due to how they communicate, which in turn is a reflection of their genuine intent interact. When it comes to (what I consider to be) effective communication, I prefer those close to me to be open and to speak their own mind, to be themselves and to be politely direct.

E.I. If someone wants to talk to the real me, then the real I has to listen (as opposed to either insincere nodding or skim-listening). I would like to listen to the real them, not a construct designed to portray and project an image of how the real they want the real me to perceive them. As I observe I see a risk with using what you refer to as “elective language”; the risk is of the person speaking being obscured by letters words which the genuine listener finds incomprehensible. Observing younger generations indicates how this risk can become a social barrier, when groups have their own language which is designed for a purpose – to separate and exclude and elevate.

If you speak to me, then I will listen; therefore if you want me to listen, then you need to speak.
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 17:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think I am much too simple a person to enjoy that level of complexity vistesd; although do I think I understand where you coming from, even if I'm not completely following you at the same time. Whilst I struggle to comprehend the nuance and meaning of what some (Zen/Buddhists/other) post here, there are other indicators of the person which provide ...[text shortened]... i]I[/i] will listen; therefore if you want me to listen, then you need to speak.[/b]
    As I observe I see a risk with using what you refer to as “elective [elicitive] language”; the risk is of the person speaking being obscured by letters words which the genuine listener finds incomprehensible. … If you speak to me, then I will listen; therefore if you want me to listen, then you need to speak.

Agreed, and well-said.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 19:401 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Well I actually think it important not to get too serious when you are talking about Buddhism, you should be able to make a cup of tea with the same intent , since they are one in the same.
    Ever see someone get too frothy at the mouth about their faith? It's not usually pretty or attractive.

I think I coined the term ,(I'm serious about being not serious), so ... there's my two cents. Good night
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 19:45
    Originally posted by Taoman
    The rules are we don't single out and pick on people. Your buns are small. Grab something big.

(And don't get the buns confused! lol.)
    Oh yeah. I kinda had a bit of a dig at RJ there didn't I? Then again I did call him the "master" in all honesty.
    Anyway, I'm not playing your "no personal attack " rules.
    In fact I do believe I had a similar feeling erupt within me once where I started an "attack me " thread. It didn't go as well as this one.

If you dont like it... well I'm sure you'll live.

So has there been a bunfight here yet? without getting personal ? C'mon, what are we? fruit?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Sep '12 19:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Nope. Just not gonna do it.

I will say that yes, all paths have errors, but only because we are human. The error is always our own. God, who designed our path, does not make errors. The error comes about when we fail to follow it as designed.
    Can I ask ?

Do you think Taoman is embodying the devil or something like that for trying to incite you, tempt you if you will, to toss a few buns?

Is tossing buns on a forum like this not the right Way for you or for anyone?

Just curious, you know.
  9. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 00:534 edits
    Oh yeah. I kinda had a bit of a dig at RJ there didn't I? Then again I did call him the "master" in all honesty.
    Anyway, I'm not playing your "no personal attack " rules.
    In fact I do believe I had a similar feeling erupt within me once where I started an "attack me " thread. It didn't go as well as this one.

If you dont like it... well I'm sure here been a bunfight here yet? without getting personal ? C'mon, what are we? fruit?
    Some good stuff here. My post, I suggested rules to try and get the focus a bit higher. You are free to target small if you wish, I was encouraging to hit the big stuff.
    It too easy to say the obvious that RJH is an inane, close minded fundamentalist fool, who distracts and spoils constantly. So keep up the focus on him, eh?

Too many want to make the "Spirituality Forum" a kiddy pool, then we complain about it and do nothing to lift the bar. And everybody elsewhere is laughing.
    Just trying for a bit of improvement.

Do you want and try to attract more quality interchange here Karoly or not?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 06:40
    Some good stuff here. My post, I suggested rules to try and get the focus a bit higher. You are free to target small if you wish, I was encouraging to hit the big stuff.
    It too easy to say the obvious that RJH is an inane, close minded fundamentalist fool, who distracts and spoils constantly. So keep up the focus on him, eh?

Too many want to make the " ...[text shortened]... of improvement.

Do you want and try to attract more quality interchange here Karoly or not?
    Yes I would like to attract more quality interchange. I think RJ has actually improved as is not as in the past. I didn't get that out right at all. Or my earlier post about him.

Bigger fish? Well a lot of the modrates crap me off at times. After all I never heard of a luke warm satori.

What about Magpie Zen?

Every magpie season magpies start swooping people to protect their nests apparently. But they just keep coming after you these days, well away from their trees that they are supposed to be protecting.
    So people wear funny hats. They carry sticks. They put up elaborate signs saying "Magpies attack here!!". As if the people didn't know. Sheesh.
    Thing is, if you live here getting attacked attacked by a magpie at least once is as certain as death. Now usually they will just swoop you but in the most extreme cases they will clip your ear.
    So should we walk down the street in the fear of these birds or should we enjoy our walk fearlessly and see these birds as potential bringers of enlightenment or something?
  11. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 09:284 edits
    Yes I would like to attract more quality interchange. I think RJ has actually improved as is not as in the past. I didn't get that out right at all. Or my earlier post about him.

Bigger fish? Well a lot of the modrates crap me off at times. After all I never heard of a luke warm satori.

What about Magpie Zen?

Every magpie season magpies start s our walk fearlessly and see these birds as potential bringers of enlightenment or something?
    Yes, very good illustration for thought. Magpie zen sounds good. I feed our maggies, but their mates down the road, go me.

"Every magpie season magpies start our walk fearlessly and see these birds as potential bringers of enlightenment or something?" Cool.

The 'bigger fish' to me is not other members to have the cut and thrust with but bigger themes. For example, let's expand from exchanges with individual fundamentalists sometimes and tackle fundamentalism itself as a theme. Say why fundamentalism really gets up your nose and how you see its negative role in their lives and the societies. It's not a little thing. Its causing serious damage in education, in divisive social attitudes and for individuals that get caught up in the rigid bunkum. As well as betraying its own founder's purposes. We don't have to be angry.

It is covered in the individual cut and thrust sometimes, but a little more ordered firing of cannons instead of skirmishes here and there could accomplish more. Perhaps, we just have our different approaches and roles. I'm for the cannons. BOOM!

If it's to be a debating forum, lets make a decent show of it. It's an interesting exercise to go around the other forums and see the variation of quality and ways in which the participants relate to each other. I personaly think you are a good example of civil and often fun interaction. It appears that there is a lot less nasty personal invective than here, even in the 'hot' political debates. A lot of it here is coming from the same fundamentalists. Are they breeding?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Sep '12 20:42
    Yes, very good illustration for thought. Magpie zen sounds good. I feed our maggies, but their mates down the road, go me.

"Every magpie season magpies start our walk fearlessly and see these birds as potential bringers of enlightenment or something?" Cool.

The 'bigger fish' to me is not other members to have the cut and thrust with but bigger themes. ...[text shortened]... bates. A lot of it here is coming from the same fundamentalists. Are they breeding?
    I knew what you meant by big fish, but lets just say I have had my bunhairs singed when I have tried to take down whole ideologies around here. So my approach changes...
    Vistesd gave me the best tip early on and told me to get to know the posters. He was right.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 00:54
    Can I ask ?

Do you think Taoman is embodying the devil or something like that for trying to incite you, tempt you if you will, to toss a few buns?

Is tossing buns on a forum like this not the right Way for you or for anyone?

Just curious, you know.
    I can surely defend myself if attacked.

I just don't like to be the attacker.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Sep '12 15:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I can surely defend myself if attacked.

I just don't like to be the attacker.
    What not even a bit of semi-contact sparring? (If not, fare enough)

I knew this chick who wanted to have a bit of a fight the first "date" we had. It was a rather odd situation. She was having fun but a chick getting it on with a guy for fun on a first date is .... unusual.
    It finally ended after she got a bit too rough trying to penetrate my perpetual defence and I poke her one in the cheek.
    We had a good night after. Some relief sex later, but a week later she turned into another psycho. Fair enough.
    You think she was a christian? (you prolly dont have enough info, I know)
    I reckon she was a christian. She didn't remotely know of even words like "buddhism" or "Quran",etc. and .... other stuff.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 04:31
    I cant even get into a pinky fight around here ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree