1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 17:07
    That is what Hell is. A cocked gun to the head. Go along with a certain concept or I'll blow your brains out. I'll blast you into Hell if you don't get Saved right this minute. Does there seem to be something non good about this Hell thing to you people ? Something that is all wrong ? Daddys got a belt and he's mad, and you better beg for forgivness or all Hell will break out.
  2. London
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 17:08
    Originally posted by buckky
    That is what Hell is. A cocked gun to the head. Go along with a certain concept or I'll blow your brains out. I'll blast you into Hell if you don't get Saved right this minute. Does there seem to be something non good about this Hell thing to you people ? Something that is all wrong ? Daddys got a belt and he's mad, and you better beg for forgivness or all Hell will break out.
    That is what you think Hell is.
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 17:11
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    That is what you think Hell is.
    Yes. It's the Christian idea of just punishment. Burn for all of eternity in torment because you were not Christian. Now thats one beautiful religion for you.
  4. London
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 17:27
    Yes. It's the Christian idea of just punishment. Burn for all of eternity in torment because you were not Christian. Now thats one beautiful religion for you.
    Not all (not even most!) Christians believe that non-Christians are doomed to Hell. Not all (not even most) Christians believe that you need to be "saved" this instant to avoid Hell.

You're just attacking a strawman - what you think Christianity is about and teaches.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 17:30
    Not all (not even most!) Christians believe that non-Christians are doomed to Hell. Not all (not even most) Christians believe that you need to be "saved" this instant to avoid Hell.

You're just attacking a strawman - what you think Christianity is about and teaches.
    So you don't think I need to take Jesus on as my personal savior to avoid burning in Hell? Many of the other Christians I've talked with do.

P-
  6. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 17:48
    It may be something like that, but very little like that.

It's more like, "If you don't get off the road to hell, you'll end up in hell!"

And "Oh, by the way, you will probably find it impossible to get off that road by yourself, so Jesus came to show you the way. And He will guide you for free! Of course, you will have to follow Him off if you choose to get off."
  7. Not Kansas
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 18:27
    Originally posted by chinking58

And "Oh, by the way, you will probably find it impossible to get off that road by yourself, so Jesus came to show you the way. And He will guide you for free! Of course, you will have to follow Him off if you choose to get off."
    "There are many roads to Nirvana"
    -Sum Guy
  8. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 18:30

That's not what they told me in Church when I was just a wee sprout of a Wib. I remember being told, over and over again, "IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR YOU ARE DOOMED TO AN ETERNITY IN HELL!!!!"

Kind of hard to forget a thing like that so I'm pretty sure I got it right.

9. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 18:31
    Originally posted by chinking58

Define "Road to hell".

10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 18:45
    Originally posted by wib
    Define "Road to hell".

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
    Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

11. London
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 18:56
    Originally posted by wib
    That's not what they told me in Church when I was just a wee sprout of a Wib. I remember being told, over and over again, "IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR YOU ARE DOOMED TO AN ETERNITY IN HELL!!!!"

What's a "wib"? 😕

I'm guessing you didn't grow up Catholic.
  12. Not Kansas
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 19:03
    "Rev 21:8 But the fearful"-Hal.

For god's sake don't get scared!
    🙄
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 19:13
    Originally posted by wib
    Define "Road to hell".

I heard it was a 'highway'. (AC/DC)

P-
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    04 Aug '05 19:26
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I heard it was a 'highway'. (AC/DC)

P-
    Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I guess you can say it is a highway. 😉
  15. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    05 Aug '05 00:21
    Originally posted by wib

The "Church" you are talking about couldn't possibly be a Roman-Catholic Church.

The only interpretations of the Christian Faith I accept as true and genuine are the Roman-Catholic Churche's interpretations.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree