1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:31
    @sonship said
    Long ago I decided "This guy obviously is not interested in the Gospel. Better stop wasting your words on FMF."
    I am interested in the distorting effect that your religiosity has on your intellect and integrity.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:32
    @sonship said
    Well FMF, I have said this before. You may boast how much you lack belief. But I think I better believe the word of God. And the word of God says that you know there is God.
    There may well be a god or gods. I have said it many times.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:35
    @sonship said
    So, I think actually, you know that there is God. Your dislike of this is very strong. But I think it takes more energy for you to believe that there is no God then to suspect that God really is.
    I have always said that I believe there may be a god or gods and I have never stated a belief that there is no god or gods. I don't dislike this state of affairs vis a vis belief and lack of belief. I am fine.

I think it takes more energy for you to believe that there is no God then to suspect that God really is.

Nonsense.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:36
    @sonship said
    In other words, I think you come here and put on a good show. I think what you hate, you actually know - there is a God.
    You've tried this rhetorical gimmick many times before. It's a dud.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:39
    @sonship said
    I think to you also, the witness of God's eternal power and divine characteristics are made known to you by the very universe in which you exist and perceive.
    I believe "the very universe" ~ along with human nature ~ are the strongest evidence that exists for a creator god, yes, and the strongest evidence that all religionists who believe in a creator god have for their religions. I don't think it's strong evidence for the god figure you describe, however.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:411 edit
    @FMF

I am interested in the distorting effect that your religiosity has on your intellect and integrity.

To be really effective in this you should show how evil Jesus is.

That as a growing Christian, I am a work in progress is understood. That you could wait for the perfect Christian to arrive before you listen to the message, you could attempt.

What did Jesus do to harm you ?
    If you reply - "Nothing" then I would say "Then pay less attention to me and much more to Jesus Christ."

Since I am just a messenger referring you to Christ, it is His motives that you need to examine.

If you come back "Jesus Christ I am open to but you sonship are the pits."

"Fine, Let me get out of your way as you get to know my Lord Jesus."

So is it Christ Himself you wish to examine?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:44
    @sonship said
    Regarding all warnings as bullying threats is insane self love to the point foolishness.

Ie. " Don't tell me not to jump out of this ten story building window. I want to do whatever I want. I don't like your bullying me with imaginary threats if I do. You are just trying to scare me. Tyrant!"
    "Self-love" is 'not being a member of sonship's religion, right?

I am not in a ten storey building. I am not jumping out of a window. The ten storey building and the window are figments of your imagination.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:47
    @FMF

I believe "the very universe" ~ along with human nature ~ are the strongest evidence that exists for a creator god, yes,

I told you that you didn't totally lack belief in God.

So is all your contempt then for "religionists" ?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:49
    @sonship said
    @FMF

To be really effective in this you should show how evil Jesus is.

That as a growing Christian, I am a work in progress is understood. That you could wait for the perfect Christian to arrive before you listen to the message, you could attempt.
    ...[text shortened]... t of your way as you get to know my Lord Jesus."

So is it Christ Himself you wish to examine?
    I am not a Christian. I don't believe Jesus was a divine being. I am mostly interested in the perverted morality that you propagate that's rooted in the superstitious stuff you believe. How many times have you seen me confront Suzianne or divegeester over the torturer god ideology over the years? Never. Not once. There's a reason for that.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 10:52
    @sonship said
    I told you that you didn't totally lack belief in God.
    I have been telling you that I don't believe there is no god or gods for upwards of 12 years.

And I have been telling you that I lack belief in your god figure and that of other people - like Hindus and Jews and Muslims - who claim they have received communication from a god or gods.

I have been telling you this for upwards of 12 years.

It most certainly has not been you who has been telling me.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 11:05
    @FMF

I am not in a ten storey building. I am not jumping out of a window. The ten storey building and the window are figments of your imagination.

There are natural laws that need to be followed.
    Do you think violation of God's moral law has no consequences?

Look at the skill that must have been involved in the creation of the natural laws by which the universe runs.

Convert that ability and authority into the skill with which moral laws must have been designed.

He who made the eye, does He not see?
    He who formed the ear, does He not hear?

Everything in the New Testament describes how the Son of God came to save us from the results of the wrong use of our free will.

Why in the Gospels, didn't Jesus spend all His time and energy to describe to His disciples, say, how gravity works?

Why do you think we do not have chapter after chapter in Luke of Jesus explaining gravity? No, He spent chapter after chapter telling us that we need to be justified and reconciled to God because of what we have done.

That is good news - that He has a plan of salvation for the violation of God's law.

His priorities were no on natural laws. His priorities wer to inform us of how we have run astray of the moral laws of the Creator.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 11:141 edit
    @FMF

I have been telling you that I don't believe there is no god or gods for upwards of 12 years.

No one likes tedium. But for twelve years I will also think the atheist suppressing and holding down the knowledge of God in them.

You at least just said the creation you regard as evidence for God. To that extent you lack unbelief. You possess that God is manifested in the evidence of the existing universe.

To some extent you just demonstrated to us that it is not belief that you lack but total unbelief that you lack.

I believe "the very universe" ~ along with human nature ~ are the strongest evidence that exists for a creator god, yes,

I have to get some sleep now.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 11:16
    @sonship said
    Do you think violation of God's moral law has no consequences?
    I lack belief in the existence of something you call "God's moral law".
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 11:16
    @sonship said
    No one likes tedium. But for twelve years I will also think the atheist suppressing and holding down the knowledge of God in them.
    You are barking up the wrong tree.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 11:20
    @sonship said
    To some extent you just demonstrated to us that it is not belief that you lack but total unbelief that you lack.
    No need to feed me word salad. Let's just speak plainly. I lack belief in all the various supposed revelations of god figures I have come across. I lack belief in the things you believe about the "Abrahamic God".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree