1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86276
    30 Apr '18 21:45
    Who here is afraid of dying and if so why?
    If not, why?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    354
    30 Apr '18 22:16
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Who here is afraid of dying and if so why?
    If not, why?
    When I close my eyes for the last time in this life, I'll open them immediately in the next, and Jesus will be right there to take me home.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    30 Apr '18 22:22
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Who here is afraid of dying and if so why?
    If not, why?
    The only aspect of death that troubles my thoughts from time to time is the possibility of a long drawn out period of acutely debilitating or deteriorating infirmity that would be an emotional (and perhaps financial) strain on those who love and care for me while offering in return, for all concerned, only what might be a wretched quality of life.
  4. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    30 Apr '18 22:25
    Originally posted by @secondson
    When I close my eyes for the last time in this life, I'll open them immediately in the next, and Jesus will be right there to take me home.
    And believing this makes you not (or perhaps less) afraid of dying? If so, I think there is no harm in that at all.
  5. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    30 Apr '18 22:50
    Originally posted by @fmf
    And believing this makes you not (or perhaps less) afraid of dying? If so, I think there is no harm in that at all.
    Of course its a harmless delusion. If he is correct then all is well. If not, he wont know the difference. According to Jesus it is only an elect group of Christians has the privilege Second Son describes.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    354
    30 Apr '18 22:59
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The only aspect of death that troubles my thoughts from time to time is the possibility of a long drawn out period of acutely debilitating or deteriorating infirmity that would be an emotional (and perhaps financial) strain on those who love and care for me while offering in return, for all concerned, only what might be a wretched quality of life.
    No thoughts about the afterlife?
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    30 Apr '18 23:021 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    No thoughts about the afterlife?
    Not anymore, no.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    354
    30 Apr '18 23:06
    Originally posted by @fmf
    And believing this makes you not (or perhaps less) afraid of dying? If so, I think there is no harm in that at all.
    My wife just said she thought that was a nice reply.

    While I'm assured of my eternal destiny, there is still a degree of trepidation within me. Just to be honest.

    Thing is though, being a believer, I think there is no file in us to come to complete terms with death since man wasn't created to ever die.

    Death is way wrong.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    354
    30 Apr '18 23:09
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Not anymore, no.
    Dead already? Are you speaking to us from beyond the grave? 😉
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    354
    30 Apr '18 23:13
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Of course its a harmless delusion. If he is correct then all is well. If not, he wont know the difference. According to Jesus it is only an elect group of Christians has the privilege Second Son describes.
    And the elect all have absolute assurance of eternal life.

    But not you, right?
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    30 Apr '18 23:18
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Dead already? Are you speaking to us from beyond the grave? 😉
    I am alive. And I have no use for notions of there being a "beyond the grave".
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    354
    30 Apr '18 23:26
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I am alive. And I have no use for notions of there being a "beyond the grave".
    So you have no 'notions' of there being anything beyond death?

    Does that mean you know there's nothing after death?
  13. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    30 Apr '18 23:302 edits
    Originally posted by @secondson
    And the elect all have absolute assurance of eternal life.

    But not you, right?
    Assurance of eternal life comes from Christ, not the church pastor. There are a few places where Jesus addresses this topic. Here are a couple of them:

    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. (John 10:27-28 KJV)

    We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. (1 John 3:14-19 KJV)


    The sheep of Christ are those who follow Christ commandments and they have that assurance.

    As for me? I dont discuss myself on a public forum.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    354
    30 Apr '18 23:452 edits
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Assurance of eternal life comes from Christ, not the church pastor. There are a few places where Jesus addresses this topic. Here are a couple of them:

    [i]My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. (John 10:27-28 KJV)

    We k ...[text shortened]... ommandments and they have that assurance.

    As for me? I dont discuss myself on a public forum.
    "Assurance of eternal life comes from Christ, not the church pastor."

    And you think you're the only one here that knows that.

    "As for me? I dont discuss myself on a public forum."

    The hell you don't. Do you want me to dig all the references out of your public forum posts and prove it? No thanks. I already proved you're a duplicitous hypocrite in the thread The Troll Says...
  15. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    30 Apr '18 23:56
    Originally posted by @secondson
    [b]"Assurance of eternal life comes from Christ, not the church pastor."

    And you think you're the only one here that knows that.

    "As for me? I dont discuss myself on a public forum."

    The hell you don't. Do you want me to dig all the references out of your public forum posts and prove it? No thanks. I already proved you're a duplicitous hypocrite in the thread The Troll Says...[/b]
    Loosing your cool before the end of the first page ...lol 😀
    Tell your wife to calm you down ...
Back to Top