1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 04:11
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Your claim that everyone dies if one is talking to an atheist is nonsense. It presupposes that the atheist’s position is correct. Just because an atheist thinks everyone dies doesn’t make it true in reality.
    I think it is quite clear that everyone dies and that the onus is on you to provide something more than just assertions or religious folklore if you want to prove that something magical happens after death. But we will just have to agree to disagree.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 04:15
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I think it is quite clear that everyone dies and that the onus is on you to provide something more than just assertions or religious folklore if you want to prove that something magical happens after death. But we will just have to agree to disagree.
    There’s plenty of evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and veracity of the Bible. Proof? No. Evidence beyond a reasonable doubt for someone with an open mind and heart? Yes.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 04:24
    There’s plenty of evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and veracity of the Bible. Proof? No. Evidence beyond a reasonable doubt for someone with an open mind and heart? Yes.
    Ok. As I say, we can just agree to disagree - in this instance about whether there can be "reasonable doubt" about what you are asserting.

I have mapped out a couple of the aspects related to the OP that I am interested in and "the Resurrection of Jesus Christ" is not one of them.

You are right, it was a misstep to engage you on the Elijah and Enoch mythology, especially with me not really being interested.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 04:30
    Ok. As I say, we can just agree to disagree - in this instance about whether there can be "reasonable doubt" about what you are asserting.

I have mapped out a couple of the aspects related to the OP that I am interested in and "the Resurrection of Jesus Christ" is not one of them.

You are right, it was a misstep to engage you on the Elijah and Enoch mythology, especially with me not really being interested.
    <<I have mapped out a couple of the aspects related to the OP that I am interested in and "the Resurrection of Jesus Christ" is not one of them.>>

Just for future reference, do you think you have the right to control what people say in a thread simply because you wrote the OP?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 04:35
    <<I have mapped out a couple of the aspects related to the OP that I am interested in and "the Resurrection of Jesus Christ" is not one of them.>>

Just for future reference, do you think you have the right to control what people say in a thread simply because you wrote the OP?
    No. But you ought to bear in mind that I didn't write the OP to this thread.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 04:38
    No. But you ought to bear in mind that I didn't write the OP to this thread.
    Oh, that’s right, tiger did. I should have remembered this was part of a social studies assignment from Miss Alawat.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 May '18 05:40
    The only aspect of death that troubles my thoughts from time to time is the possibility of a long drawn out period of acutely debilitating or deteriorating infirmity that would be an emotional (and perhaps financial) strain on those who love and care for me while offering in return, for all concerned, only what might be a wretched quality of life.
    I think I am a proponent of voluntary euthanasia because of what you describe. However the reality of such a policy is fraught with issues.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 05:45
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I think I am a proponent of voluntary euthanasia because of what you describe. However the reality of such a policy is fraught with issues.
    I agree. And I agree that it's a really tough one to regulate.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 06:21
    The obvious problem with voluntary euthanasia is the person seeking to die may be speaking out of a treatable depression and/or only temporarily or weakly committed to euthanasia. But once the request is granted and carried out, it obviously can’t be reversed.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 May '18 06:47
    The obvious problem with voluntary euthanasia is the person seeking to die may be speaking out of a treatable depression and/or only temporarily or weakly committed to euthanasia. But once the request is granted and carried out, it obviously can’t be reversed.
    And what if their condition isn't treatable and they are fully committed to euthanasia, wanting to end a life of suffering and misery?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 07:36
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    And what if their condition isn't treatable and they are fully committed to euthanasia, wanting to end a life of suffering and misery?
    I suppose that depends on the level of suffering and the person’s medical prognosis, doesn’t it? Misery can be treated. To some extent, physical suffering can be treated as well.

Certainly if somebody is in excruciating/severe pain that leaves them bedridden and that is only partially alleviated by painkillers and they do not have long to live from a medical standpoint, that seems like a no-brainer.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 May '18 14:41
    If you think you’re a sheep of Christ, then you must think you’re following His commandments. How does your hatred for Christians, bearing false witness and condemning people to hell fit in with following Christ’s commandments?
    Like God and Jesus, I hate mouth worship and false doctrines.
    You promote that. You are a goat.
    You do not promote the commandments and teachings of Christ.
    Maybe you are doing good works and living righteously, I do not know.
    Neither is it my place to know that.
    At the appointed time we will all face judgment.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 May '18 17:22
    Who here is afraid of dying and if so why?
    If not, why?
    I have some fear about needless pain and suffering by myself and my loved ones and have drawn up documents with the goal of hsndling these situations. Not every contingency can be covered, but that’s just the way it is.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 18:29
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The judgments after death do not determine salvation. You determine your own eternal fate while you are here on earth.

John 3:16
    Romans 10:9
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 18:30
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Do you think telling people about Jesus Christ and the Gospel constitutes “mouth worship?”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree