The death thread

The death thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @js357
I have some fear about needless pain and suffering by myself and my loved ones and have drawn up documents with the goal of hsndling these situations. Not every contingency can be covered, but that’s just the way it is.
Are you a proponent of voluntary euthanasia; if there was suitable checks and balances in place?

Moves
01 May 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
Are you a proponent of voluntary euthanasia; if there was suitable checks and balances in place?
Generally speaking, yes to Oregon’s Death With Dignity Act

http://www.oregon.gov/oha/ph/providerpartnerresources/evaluationresearch/deathwithdignityact/pages/faqs.aspx#allow

In 2016, 204 people received prescriptions under the DWDA. As of January 23, 2017, 133 people had died in 2016 from ingesting the prescribed medications, including 19 prescription recipients from prior years. Characteristics of DWDA patients were similar to previous years: most patients were aged 65 years or older (80.5% ) and had cancer (78.9% ). During 2016, no referrals were made to the Oregon Medical Board for failure to comply with DWDA requirements.

http://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/PROVIDERPARTNERRESOURCES/EVALUATIONRESEARCH/DEATHWITHDIGNITYACT/Documents/year19.pdf

Edit: Oregon defines euthanasia as termination at the physician’s hand and doesn’t allow it. Termination must be at the patient’s hand.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
02 May 18

Generally speaking, yes to Oregon’s Death With Dignity Act

http://www.oregon.gov/oha/ph/providerpartnerresources/evaluationresearch/deathwithdignityact/pages/faqs.aspx#allow

In 2016, 204 people received prescriptions under the DWDA. As of January 23, 2017, 133 people had died in 2016 from ingesting the prescribed medications, including 19 prescription r ...[text shortened]... ination at the physician’s hand and doesn’t allow it. Termination must be at the patient’s hand.
So a doctor puts pills in his patient's hand and is absolved from responsibility for the death of his patient?

Physician + lawyer + pharma + terminally ill patient = ?

Just wondering.

Moves
03 May 18

Originally posted by @secondson
So a doctor puts pills in his patient's hand and is absolved from responsibility for the death of his patient?

Physician + lawyer + pharma + terminally ill patient = ?

Just wondering.
= patient’s decision, if competent.

How do you think it should be?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 May 18

= patient’s decision, if competent.

How do you think it should be?
Swift and painless. 😉

But to be honest, I'm not absolutely certain whether it is ethically or morally justifiable.

Maybe it doesn't have to be. Some can withstand the pain till death comes. Others beg to die.

Moves
03 May 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Swift and painless. 😉

But to be honest, I'm not absolutely certain whether it is ethically or morally justifiable.

Maybe it doesn't have to be. Some can withstand the pain till death comes. Others beg to die.
In developed countries, very few go without pain relief via drugs.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 May 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Like God and Jesus, I hate mouth worship and false doctrines.
You promote that. You are a goat.
You do not promote the commandments and teachings of Christ.
Maybe you are doing good works and living righteously, I do not know.
Neither is it my place to know that.
At the appointed time we will all face judgment.
Somehow I missed this hate post from you, rajk. They all blend together after a while. If hating on me over the Internet prevents you from harming someone in real life, by all means keep it up. All that hate inside of you needs an outlet somewhere.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 May 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Like God and Jesus, I hate mouth worship and false doctrines.
You promote that. You are a goat.
You do not promote the commandments and teachings of Christ.
Maybe you are doing good works and living righteously, I do not know.
Neither is it my place to know that.
At the appointed time we will all face judgment.
BTW, did you ever identify where in the Bible it says our salvation is determined after we die? Didn’t think so.