1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 02:29
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Oh well then, if all you had to say to me was about how if the supposed "Rapture" comes prior to my death, you think my "fate will be like Elijah and Enoch", then OK, thanks for telling me you think that. This is certainly the right thread for you to post it on.
    And how could your fate be like that of Enoch and Elijah, who both went to heaven? Even you don’t think you’re going to heaven. Why would you think your fate would be like theirs?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 02:31
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    That is what Jesus said, but I know you church Christians dont believe in what Jesus said.. its all about what the pastor said.. so good luck with that. In many cases the pastor will himself be cast out so be careful. Oh and goats dont educate sheep so stop wasting your time
    You totally miss what Jesus said about Himself. It’s sad. I’ll have to keep praying for you. God answers prayers, though not in our timing or in ways we expect.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 02:33
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    That is what Jesus said, but I know you church Christians dont believe in what Jesus said.. its all about what the pastor said.. so good luck with that. In many cases the pastor will himself be cast out so be careful. Oh and goats dont educate sheep so stop wasting your time
    If you think you’re a sheep of Christ, then you must think you’re following His commandments. How does your hatred for Christians, bearing false witness and condemning people to hell fit in with following Christ’s commandments?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 02:42
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    And how could your fate be like that of Enoch and Elijah, who both went to heaven? Even you don’t think you’re going to heaven. Why would you think your fate would be like theirs?
    I am not interested in "Enoch and Elijah".
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 02:52
    You totally misunderstood what I said. You said everyone here will experience death. I pointed out that was not the case if the Rapture comes in our lifetimes. Instead, believers will be taken to heaven without tasting death, just like Enoch and Elijah.

My comment had nothing to do with you, beyond countering your claim that everyone here will die. That very well may not be true.
    It means nothing to me that you believe this stuff. To me, it's just you waving your plastic crucifix in the air and as the night wears on you will be - probably sooner rather than later - dunking it into a tank of your own piss, a la Andreas Serrano.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 02:57
    I am not interested in "Enoch and Elijah".
    Then why did you include them in your post?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 03:00
    Then why did you include them in your post?
    I was responding to what you said to me. You happen to believe that if I was a Bible-believing Christian and the Rapture came prior to my death, you think my fate would be like Elijah and Enoch and that I would go "to heaven without tasting death". So what?

You asserting this is not "countering" the fact that we all die ~ unless you're wittering away to people who already believe the same thing as you do, in which case they may well think you are "countering" something.

It doesn't "counter" the fact that we all die if you're talking to an atheist.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 03:01
    It means nothing to me that you believe this stuff. To me, it's just you waving your plastic crucifix in the air and as the night wears on you will be - probably sooner rather than later - dunking it into a tank of your own piss, a la Andreas Serrano.
    It’s obvious you’re angry at your ignorance concerning Enoch and Elijah being exposed, not to mention your apparent ignorance of the Rapture as well.

You were a Christian for 30 years? Did you read the Bible during the time when you were a Christian? You don’t remember the only two people in the Bible - heck, the only two people in all of humanity - who did not die?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 03:02
    It’s obvious you’re angry at your ignorance concerning Enoch and Elijah being exposed, not to mention your apparent ignorance of the Rapture as well.

You were a Christian for 30 years? Did you read the Bible during the time when you were a Christian? You don’t remember the only two people in the Bible - heck, the only two people in all of humanity - who did not die?
    You were a Christian for 30 years?

Not, a bit less than that.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 03:04
    I was responding to what you said to me. You happen to believe that if I was a Bible-believing Christian and the Rapture came prior to my death, you think my fate would be like Elijah and Enoch and that I would go "to heaven without tasting death". So what?

You asserting this is not "countering" the fact that we all die ~ unless you're wittering away to peo ...[text shortened]... g" something.

Like I said, my initial post had nothing to do with you. It was simply countering your claim that everyone here will die. If the Rapture comes during the lifetimes of people here, not everyone will die. Believers will be taken to heaven without dying. Atheists will remain on earth and eventually die.

Why inject yourself inappropriately into my comment? My comment had nothing to do with if you were this or if you were that. It had nothing to do with you.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 03:07

You asserting this is not "countering" the fact that we all die ~ unless you're wittering away to peo ...[text shortened]... g" something.

<<It doesn't "counter" the fact that we all die if you're talking to an atheist.[/b]>>

No one gets to create their own reality.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 03:13
    No one gets to create their own reality.
    I think that superstitious people certainly do create their own reality and they can be absolutely sure and sincere about that reality as they perceive it. This conjecture-imagination-conviction thing lies at the very heart of making claims about supernatural things.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '18 03:16
    Why inject yourself inappropriately into my comment? My comment had nothing to do with if you were this or if you were that. It had nothing to do with you.
    It was addressed to me and it was your attempt to engage what I had said. So it did have something to do with me. You should perhaps use the Reply & Quote button more judiciously if you weren't addressing me and my post.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 03:50
    It was addressed to me and it was your attempt to engage what I had said. So it did have something to do with me. You should perhaps use the Reply & Quote button more judiciously if you weren't addressing me and my post.
    I was addressing your claim that everyone here will die. I wasn’t addressing you personally or comparing you to anyone or engaging in hypothetical scenarios involving you.

You must think you’re all that and a bag of chips.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '18 03:52
    I think that superstitious people certainly do create their own reality and they can be absolutely sure and sincere about that reality as they perceive it. This conjecture-imagination-conviction thing lies at the very heart of making claims about supernatural things.
    Your claim that everyone dies if one is talking to an atheist is nonsense. It presupposes that the atheist’s position is correct. Just because an atheist thinks everyone dies doesn’t make it true in reality.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree