1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Oct '17 18:19
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Your god says babies are guilty. It advocates slavery, genocide and misogeny. For starts! You've decided (subjectively!) to support that view. There is a fatal disconnect in your understanding.
    No it doesn't your understanding of scripture is warped at best. From your perspective nothing is ever always wrong so what's the issue here?
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Oct '17 01:44
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    From your perspective nothing is ever always wrong so what's the issue here?
    Your comprehension.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Oct '17 03:20
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Your comprehension.
    😴
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Oct '17 10:12
    😴
    Time to wake up.
    It's the 21st Century.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Oct '17 10:27
    If the best moral system is that which brings the greatest happiness, the least amount of suffering, and the greatest freedom for as many people as possible what about slavery? The greatest happiness for the greatest number of people means that a minority of people should suffer in bondage. This way, the greatest amount of freedom for the majority is ens ...[text shortened]... m an atheistic worldview, why is it morally wrong to oppress a minority to benefit the majority?
    The greatest happiness for the greatest number of people means that a minority of people should suffer in bondage

Do you really believe this?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Oct '17 11:17
    If the best moral system is that which brings the greatest happiness, the least amount of suffering, and the greatest freedom for as many people as possible what about slavery? The greatest happiness for the greatest number of people means that a minority of people should suffer in bondage. This way, the greatest amount of freedom for the majority is ens ...[text shortened]... m an atheistic worldview, why is it morally wrong to oppress a minority to benefit the majority?
    "But, from an atheistic worldview, why is it morally wrong to oppress a minority to benefit the majority?"

Replace 'atheist' with 'human' and your first step towards understanding will be taken.

My 'atheism' (my lack of belief in the divine thing you believe in) is not the basis for my morality and values. It is 'my humanity' that is the basis for these things. - I know you like to think that anyone taking God out of the equation is suddenly morally bankrupt and adrift, but that is simply your own misunderstanding. - My genuine 'care' for an oppressed minority is a result of my basic humanity, not as a result of a divine instruction or threat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree