The Doctrine of Election

The Doctrine of Election

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Jun 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I have not made any claims to know, so why don't you tell us how you arrived at the figure of 10,000 years on which to base your claim of older than 10,000 years?
I looked it up. You should do the same. I made the comment simply as a point of information that RJHinds' claim about Noah's family giving rise to a civilization that had already existed thousands of years before Noah cannot be true. You don't have to accept my claim any more than I have to accept his.

rc

Moves
04 Jun 14

Originally posted by FMF
I looked it up. You should do the same. I made the comment simply as a point of information that RJHinds' claim about Noah's family giving rise to a civilization that had already existed thousands of years before Noah cannot be true. You don't have to accept my claim any more than I have to accept his.
I don't accept your claim, its unsubstantiated.

F

Moves
04 Jun 14

I don't accept your claim, its unsubstantiated.
That's fine by me.

rc

Moves
04 Jun 14

Originally posted by FMF
That's fine by me.
oh dear not a shred of substantiating evidence and its fine for you, how vewy vewy PATHETIC!😵

F

Moves
04 Jun 14

oh dear not a shred of substantiating evidence and its fine for you, how vewy vewy PATHETIC!😵
Like I said, it's fine by me if you ~ or RJHinds, for that matter ~ don't accept my claim. If you ever do look it up yourself, feel free to share what you think the correct age is.

P

Moves
04 Jun 14

Originally posted by FMF
Like I said, it's fine by me if you ~ or RJHinds, for that matter ~ don't accept my claim. If you ever do look it up yourself, feel free to share what you think the correct age is.
To be fair to Robbie, I'm sure we would be at least as persistent in pursuing the source of any of his claims. In addition, having done a couple of Googles, I can't find anything indicating civilisation in China older than about 7k BC, although there are plenty of references to evidence of a human population in China from much earlier.

--- Penguin.

F

Moves
04 Jun 14

Originally posted by Penguin
To be fair to Robbie, I'm sure we would be at least as persistent in pursuing the source of any of his claims.
I had no intention of pursuing anything actually. Not after his refusal to answer point blank questions about racial diversity on one of the Noah threads. In fact he can just tell me how old he reckons civilization in China is, without substantiating it, and I won't quibble.

rc

Moves
04 Jun 14

Originally posted by Penguin
To be fair to Robbie, I'm sure we would be at least as persistent in pursuing the source of any of his claims. In addition, having done a couple of Googles, I can't find anything indicating civilisation in China older than about 7k BC, although there are plenty of references to evidence of a human population in China from much earlier.

--- Penguin.
Obviously a friendly golden eagle must have deposited the figure at FMF's feet. He appears to me to be a man that does not know how or why the figure of 10,000 is arrived at and one need simply ask him for evidence of his claims and they melt away leaving naught but tundra and vast empty spaces in their wake.

rc

Moves
04 Jun 14

Originally posted by FMF
I had no intention of pursuing anything actually. Not after his refusal to answer point blank questions about racial diversity on one of the Noah threads. In fact he can just tell me how old he reckons civilization in China is, without substantiating it, and I won't quibble.
You Charlatan!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
04 Jun 14

I'm still waiting for some substantiating evidence with regard to your claim about Noah's three sons.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I'm still waiting for some substantiating evidence with regard to your claim about Noah's three sons.
Funny, I'm still waiting for substantiating evidence for ANY of robbie's claims.

I've said before that robbie tends to get almost everything he ever says in these forums wrong, and I'm standing by that. What I don't get is why no one else seems to get this, and why he's allowed to say anything at all without convulsive laughing fits from his listeners, as if any of it is true at all.

Oh, granted, he might turn over the occasional gem, but it's mostly inundated by the mountains of bullcrap he spews.

Moves
04 Jun 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Funny, I'm still waiting for substantiating evidence for ANY of robbie's claims.

I've said before that robbie tends to get almost everything he ever says in these forums wrong, and I'm standing by that. What I don't get is why no one else seems to get this, and why he's allowed to say anything at all without convulsive laughing fits from his listeners, ...[text shortened]... t turn over the occasional gem, but it's mostly inundated by the mountains of bullcrap he spews.
What is the reason for this schism within Christianity? It this world is a result of intelligent design, what is this schism designed for?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 14

Originally posted by JS357
What is the reason for this schism within Christianity? It this world is a result of intelligent design, what is this schism designed for?
To raise oneself up above others.

What? That's not Christ-like? Exactly.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 14

Originally posted by vivify
The difference is, that science doesn't claim to be some moral tool orchestrated by a perfect being. In fact, science claims nothing. It just is.

However, the bible does claim to be divinely-inspired words from a flawless being, who will also guide it's readers via the Holy Spirit...yet, so many unspeakable horrors have happened in the name of the bible and Christianity.
Evil men hiding behind Christianity doesn't make Christianity inherently evil any more than bad actors make the art of theatrical portrayal inherently awful.

rain

Moves
04 Jun 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
Evil men hiding behind Christianity doesn't make Christianity inherently evil any more than bad actors make the art of theatrical portrayal inherently awful.
If there truly is an "all-powerful" and "all-knowing" and loving god that will guide Christians with his spirit, then Christianity should not have been a major cause of evil, no matter how many "evil men" were around. God should've had the power and the knowledge necessary to stop those evil men, and should've guided Christians into the doing the right thing with his Spirit, just like the bible claimed.