1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:37
    @suzianne said
    Perhaps not crucified, per se. The manner of sacrifice would be conditional on factors such as the culture on the planet, its social advancement, core customs of that society, etc. I imagine it would have to be a blood-payment of sin debt, though, in whatever form that would take, given the other factors.

My short answer would be yes. Does this not amplify the immensity of the sacrifice made for God's creation?
    What if that particular alien race doesn't have blood? 😲
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:38
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Agreed and I think it is such hardcore religionists who will struggle to adapt if and when intelligent life is discovered on another world.
    Fully agree. Perhaps yet another meaning of a house built on rock instead of sand.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:392 edits
    @Suzianne
    This attitude is common among the "hardcore" religionists. Strangely enough (to my mind anyways) there is some need to be "special" among all life in the universe (that is, if they even consider for a second that there may be life on other planets). There also seems to be a common thread of being "human-centric", meaning, I guess, that anything less than human is not "worthy", regardless of its intelligence. They would consider humans to be the pinnacle. I would imagine it would depend on the world and its environment. Evolution is still a key component of creation.

Other lives are important. And the Recovery Version translates Hebrews 2:9
    as Christ "tasted death on behalf of everything". I think more English versions render there "everyone" or "every man".

There are passages in the Bible concerned about the kind keeping of animals.
    God saving animals on the ark should clue us that other lives meant something to Him. And His covenant after Noah was for the benefit of other creatures as well as man.

I hope you do not generalize in your annoyance.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:41
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    If God is the sole creator, then these alien creatures also owe their origin to Him, no?

What does owing origin have to do with it?

What are we told?
    Through one MAN sin entered the world.

[b]"Therefore just a through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin, death; and thus death passed on to all men because all ...[text shortened]... 're a man. Me too.
    I have no word from the Bible about sin entering through one ?????? on Altar-4.
    I have always said that I worry about people who have no concern for animals. I will now extend that to worrying about people who have no concern for the eternal welfare of beings on other worlds.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:41
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    What if that particular alien race doesn't have blood? 😲
    I said that it would depend on numerous other factors pertaining to those beings on that world. I feel the concept might be universal, whether the beings have what passes for blood or not. Something must ooze from them when they die, even if it's not a physical liquid, but maybe far different, like music? Or light?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:43
    @sonship said

You generalize irrespective of mood.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:45
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    I have always said that I worry about people who have no concern for animals.

Me too.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:45
    @suzianne said
    I said that it would depend on numerous other factors pertaining to those beings on that world. I feel the concept might be universal, whether the beings have what passes for blood or not. Something must ooze from them when they die, even if it's not a physical liquid, but maybe far different, like music? Or light?
    It is also possible of course that such an alien race may not be guilty of original sin and not require salvation.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:46
    Proverbs 12:10

King James Bible
    A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:472 edits
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Me too.
    So extrapolate from that.

Care for all life, whether animal here on Earth, or aliens on other worlds. Is their salvation worth less than yours? I remind you of your previous statement:

"I would not worry about the sins of something else on another planet."
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:47
    @sonship said
    @Suzianne
    [quote] This attitude is common among the "hardcore" religionists. Strangely enough (to my mind anyways) there is some need to be "special" among all life in the universe (that is, if they even consider for a second that there may be life on other planets). There also seems to be a common thread of being "human-centric", meaning, I guess, that anything less than hu ...[text shortened]... the benefit of other creatures as well as man.

The KJV does indeed state "for every man". Notice that I do not take from this that women were left out.

But in my theory, the Bible was written on this world, for man, by man. Of course aliens would be left out. They get their own Bible.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:502 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    You generalize irrespective of mood.

Curious here. Since you worry about the cruel treatment of animals, how do you feel about the killing of human children in the wombs of human women ?

Do you have a similar concern for the treatment of human beings not completed in their formation in preparation to be born?

Or is that . . . different now ?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:51
    @suzianne said
    The KJV does indeed state "for every man". Notice that I do not take from this that women were left out.

But in my theory, the Bible was written on this world, for man, by man. Of course aliens would be left out. They get their own Bible.
    On Ganymede that call it the Glible.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:52
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It is also possible of course that such an alien race may not be guilty of original sin and not require salvation.
    All possible permutations of lives lived and races created says this might be true. I still think that these would be the rarity. With intelligence also comes vanity, greed, envy, etc. A veritable minefield of traps laid by God's Nemesis.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 15:53
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    On Ganymede that call it the Glible.
    Very likely.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree