1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its impossible to quantify in terms of time, could be tomorrow, could be a decade, could be several decades, i cannot be any more explicit than that Wolfgang, sorry. There are only indications, anything that goes beyond that, i dont think can be substantiated.
    In other words, you haven't a clue!!

For all this ongoing research that Galvo alluded to, it's led you to conclusion that is incredibly unspecific.

I'd have a word with your researchers.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:161 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    In other words, you haven't a clue!!

For all this ongoing research that Galvo alluded to, it's led you to conclusion that is incredibly unspecific.

I'd have a word with your researchers.
    ummm, no that is not strictly true, there are many indicators, there is just no date given. Christ states that it will come, 'as a thief in the night', that is unexpectedly. i have given my own thoughts, based on the environment, these are not really the teachings of Jehovahs witnesses, but my own personal thoughts, what Galvo was alluding to was something different.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:19
    ummm, no that is not strictly true, there are many indicators, there is just no date given. Christ states that it will come, 'as a thief in the night', that is unexpectedly. i have given my own thoughts, based on the environment, these are not really the teachings of Jehovahs witnesses, but my own personal thoughts, what Galvo was alluding to was something different.
    So, you don't have a clue, other than at some point in the future.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:261 edit
    So, you don't have a clue, other than at some point in the future.
    no, there are indications, for example the proliferation of war, since the first and second world wars, the proliferation of famine, the depletion of the environment, the attitudes of people, the instability of financial institutions, the rise of nationalism, etc etc etc
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:30
    no, there are indications, for example the proliferation of war, since the first and second world wars, the proliferation of famine, the depletion of the environment, the attitudes of people, the instability of financial institutions, the rise of nationalism, etc etc etc
    I understand you believe the indicators are there.

But the question is when? And on that matter you can't say anything other than 'sometime in the future', which means you don't have a clue when it will be do you?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:371 edit
    I understand you believe the indicators are there.

But the question is when? And on that matter you can't say anything other than 'sometime in the future', which means you don't have a clue when it will be do you?
    these things are not within the realm of humans to know, i already stated that not even Christ nor the angels know, only the Father, that is not the same as , in your own words, 'not having a clue', for clearly there are indications, plus, 'not having clue', has certain connotations which i think is particularly appropriate, for example, in predicting weather patterns, the met office has certain field stations which feed back data, indicating that a certain pattern might take place, they cannot state with unerring accuracy what shall take place and when, but we dont then state, they, 'haven't got a clue', do we? Therefore its better to state that the indications are that it must be close, that is more fair and more accurate than, 'you dont have a clue'.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:402 edits
    these things are not within the realm of humans to know, i already stated that not even Christ nor the angels know, only the Father, that is not the same as , in your own words, 'not having a clue', for clearly there are indications, plus, 'not having clue', has certain connotations which i think is particularly appropriate, for example, in predictin hat it must be close, that is more fair and more accurate than, 'you dont have a clue'.
    So when will it be then?! I'll make sure i've got some nice clothes on when i get judged for being an unbeliever.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:401 edit
    So when will it be then?!
    the indications are that it shall be soon ๐Ÿ™‚ why what difference shall your attire make?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:41
    the indications are that it shall be soon ๐Ÿ™‚
    How did i know you'd say that?

So really, you don't know when it will be.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:43
    How did i know you'd say that?

So really, you don't know when it will be.
    soon ๐Ÿ˜‰
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:44
    the indications are that it shall be soon ๐Ÿ™‚ why what difference shall your attire make?
    The JW visitors sure seem to indicate that attire makes a differencs๐Ÿ™‚
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:45
    If i'm going to meet the creator of the universe i don't want to be standing there in my tracky bottoms and an old t-shirt.

Make sure you let us know when you find out when it will definitley be.

I'll make a wager with you now, i bet it won't happen in your lifetime.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:471 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The JW visitors sure seem to indicate that attire makes a differencs๐Ÿ™‚
    a difference to ones prospects for salvation, no i dont think so, never the less, what makes you say that? Is it because we wear suits and shirts and ties?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 12:49
    If i'm going to meet the creator of the universe i don't want to be standing there in my tracky bottoms and an old t-shirt.

Make sure you let us know when you find out when it will definitley be.

I'll make a wager with you now, i bet it won't happen in your lifetime.
    oooooooh very dangerous dear Noobster, any way you might be alright, ill try to put a word in for you saying that he treated me relatively kindly and that he wasn't really that bad, its just well he fantasised a lot.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 20:51
    oooooooh very dangerous dear Noobster, any way you might be alright, ill try to put a word in for you saying that he treated me relatively kindly and that he wasn't really that bad, its just well he fantasised a lot.
    Robbie - I normally respect your opinions but this is getting ridiculous! To say something is 'soon' implies that you have an upper limit. you will not say what that upper limit is. Therefore 'soon' has ZERO meaning.

Let me try and help;

would you consider 'soon' to be within 200 years?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree