1. Pretoria
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 21:26
    If one accepts the Scriptures, one has a problem. Jesus said that no one, not even the angels, but only His Father, knows the time and hour. It also says that a thousand years is to God like one day, which of course complicates the question further. According to scientists, the sun will continue to provide light for another 50000 years when it will become a super nova (or something like that), when earth will be destroyed. But I can live with that. Matter of fact, I can even live with it if it happens in 100 years.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 22:20
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Robbie - I normally respect your opinions but this is getting ridiculous! To say something is 'soon' implies that you have an upper limit. you will not say what that upper limit is. Therefore 'soon' has ZERO meaning.

Let me try and help;

[b] would you consider 'soon' to be within 200 years?
    [/b]
    sorry Wolgang i have tried my very best to openly state to you that it is impossible to put a time limit upon, saying that yes, i consider 200 years to be sooner rather than later.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 22:25
    Originally posted by Daanv
    If one accepts the Scriptures, one has a problem. Jesus said that no one, not even the angels, but only His Father, knows the time and hour. It also says that a thousand years is to God like one day, which of course complicates the question further. According to scientists, the sun will continue to provide light for another 50000 years when it will become a su ...[text shortened]... d. But I can live with that. Matter of fact, I can even live with it if it happens in 100 years.
    Our sun is expected to burn for around another 5 billion years. If that's when armageddon is, i wouldn't call that soon.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 22:46
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Our sun is expected to burn for around another 5 billion years. If that's when armageddon is, i wouldn't call that soon.
    Armageddon is gods war with the wicked dear Noobster, when the birds of the heavens shall eat the eyeballs out of fallen carcases, strewn from one end of the earth to the other, when the kings of the earth, big business and false religion shall conspire against the holy ones and be led into a trap of destruction. the cry shall go up, 'there is peace, there is peace', and then . . . sudden destruction! ones eyeball shall melt in ones head and men shall become faint out of fear. But hey, its not called the Good News for nuthin 😉
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 22:531 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    a difference to ones prospects for salvation, no i dont think so, never the less, what makes you say that? Is it because we wear suits and shirts and ties?
    Yeah, and because you like to be 'clean looking' in general.
    Nothing wrong with that.
    Me, I like to wear a Metallica t-shirt every now and then.

edit:And yes ,attire should make no difference to the prospect of salvation and thats why I brought it up- The JWs seem to think that it does!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 22:581 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah, and because you like to be 'clean looking' in general.
    Nothing wrong with that.
    Me, I like to wear a Metallica t-shirt every now and then.
    between you and me i am rather fond of a certain AC/DC tee shirt, but i would not wear it when visiting someone's home. it is a fact that chicks dig sharp dressed guys and old grannies love it when the young kids are all dressed up, they sometimes try to give the kids money which is really frowned upon, because we are not pedlars of Gods word, but people are people and if they want to give the kids fifty pence, well that's up to them.

no Jehovahs witnesses are simply counselled to be modest and clean, not for ourselves, but for the consciences of others.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 23:07
    between you and me i am rather fond of a certain AC/DC tee shirt, but i would not wear it when visiting someone's home. it is a fact that chicks dig sharp dressed guys and old grannies love it when the young kids are all dressed up, they sometimes try to give the kids money which is really frowned upon, because we are not pedlars of Gods word, but p ...[text shortened]... imply counselled to be modest and clean, not for ourselves, but for the consciences of others.
    Yes , I see Robbie. Very practical,that being modest and all. And again, I've got nothing against it, if thats who you really are, but I'm one of these people that think you shouldn't dress differently (other than how you want to dress) for any occasion.
    So I dont go to a lot of weddings or anything. If people dont like the way I am-which is relatively modest and plain for the most part-then tough!! Call it a 'spiritual' thing.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 10:15
    sorry Wolgang i have tried my very best to openly state to you that it is impossible to put a time limit upon, saying that yes, i consider 200 years to be sooner rather than later.
    sorry Wolgang i have tried my very best to openly state to you that it is impossible to put a time limit upon

I thought so ...

So why say "soon" , You are contradicting yourself!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 18:131 edit
    [b]sorry Wolgang i have tried my very best to openly state to you that it is impossible to put a time limit upon

I thought so ...

So why say "soon" , You are contradicting yourself![/b]
    no the contradiction is not real for you are asking a Christian a question which is impossible to answer, and yet insist on trying to ascertain an answer. i repeat what i have said, in that, the indications are that it must be soon.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 22:46
    no the contradiction is not real for you are asking a Christian a question which is impossible to answer, and yet insist on trying to ascertain an answer. i repeat what i have said, in that, the indications are that it must be soon.
    Soon? Tomorrow? Next week? Next year? Jesus, it has been soon for the last thousand of year.
    Soon, perhaps it is when our sun goes nova, in a few billion of years in the future for all as we know.
    When the prophets say what year and day, and this day comes and goes, we know for sure that prophets aren't what they say they are. They're just a bunch of frauds. Always been.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 22:52
    You are now being ridiculous; you say 'soon' but cannot even say if that is in the next 1,000 years!

'Soon' has no meaning for you except for being part of some meaningless mantra.

And I dont understand why ... what does it add to your religion? Why not just say 'we dont know when'
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 23:102 edits
    You are now being ridiculous; you say 'soon' but cannot even say if that is in the next 1,000 years!

And I dont understand why ... what does it add to your religion? Why not just say 'we dont know when'
    look wolfgang, this is how the stream of time flows, for humans

past<---------present<---------future<---------end of the present system

the present becomes the past and at present our future is heading towards us, we cannot see the future at present, the best that we can hope for is that we may influence our future, from our actions in the present, this is quite possible (if i jump from a tall building its more than probable at some point in the future i shall end up in hospital). these are the limitations that have been placed upon humans. Now you are asking that humans should somehow be able to see outside the realms of time to a future point and determine when that point shall be and what shall happen. Does that not strike you as a somewhat unreasonable request? Then to berate them because they cannot see is going to far. i have tried to be reasonable but my word makes no progress with you, why you cannot see this thing i do not know.

what impact does this have on my religion? well if you knew that there was impending danger ahead, would you sit taking shade underneath the tree while it burnt? of course not, it gives a sense of urgency in that hopefully those who respond to the message may be preserved for salvation.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 01:11

No we do not know the hour or day or month or year. Not even Jesus knows it. But if you look at the signs and clues that Jesus gave and piece them together and compair them to other like events in history since Jesus stated this, one would have to see them coming together over the last few decades since WW1.
    Ones say these events have been happening for most of mans existance and that is very true. But for Jesus to say that these things would be out of the ordinary so that one would see that they are different, would have to mean exactly that.
    So if one is not in a cave and ignors the changes that have happened in our life times, then one is just not paying attention. Jesus gave these warnings to us all. It is not hidden but one does need to pay attention.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 10:03
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No we do not know the hour or day or month or year. Not even Jesus knows it. But if you look at the signs and clues that Jesus gave and piece them together and compair them to other like events in history since Jesus stated this, one would have to see them coming together over the last few decades since WW1.
    Ones say these events have been happening ...[text shortened]... ntion. Jesus gave these warnings to us all. It is not hidden but one does need to pay attention.
    Many christians, many Jehovas culters, has set the date of the end of the world. This date has come and passed and nothing happened. So any prophecy, involving 'soon', is a big fraud. Only the gullibles believes in this crap.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 17:39
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Many christians, many Jehovas culters, has set the date of the end of the world. This date has come and passed and nothing happened. So any prophecy, involving 'soon', is a big fraud. Only the gullibles believes in this crap.
    Only the blind don't take it seriously...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree