The  Eternal Son of God

The Eternal Son of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 18
1 edit

@divegeester

you claim “transcend our ability to figure out”.

Darn right they do; because it’s nonsense.

The Bible said that. It didn't originate with me.

And His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor ... "

That is high knowledge that we cannot completely comprehend.

Christ is called "the mystery of God" (Col. 2:2)

so that their hearts may be encouraged, united in love and into all the wealth of the full assurance of insight into the knowledge of the mystery of God, Christ, 3 in whom all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden.

Do you claim that Paul was wrong and that there is no "mystery" about Christ ?

Yes or No ?

I love Christ and Christ lives in me. Though I commune with Christ He still is the mystery of God to me.

So you claim there is nothing you do not fully comprehend about God and Christ ? If so, that sounds pretty arrogant.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 18
7 edits

@divegeester

1) As you quite righty state, the “eternal son” is not not mentioned in the bible, not even once. Can’t be that important can it.

Then I think that you must decide one of two things or both about Micah 5:2.

1.) The One who comes forth from days of eternity to God to be Ruler in Israel and born in Bethlehem is not the Son of God in Micah 5:2.

2.) The One who comes forth from days of eternity to God to be Ruler in Israel was a CREATED being who is not eternal in Micah 5:2 .

Now which one of these positions do you hold ?
Or do you hold that He is both NOT the Son of God and NOT eternal though He comes forth from the days of eternity?

Clarify.

And if you take 24 hours to do so don't accuse me then of "stifling debate."

Moves
24 Dec 18

@secondson said
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Three distinct entities in one.

Your "piece" on page one is refuted.
Offices, three offices. Your claim that there are three people in the godhead is heresy.

Moves
24 Dec 18

@sonship said
@divegeester

1) As you quite righty state, the “eternal son” is not not mentioned in the bible, not even once. Can’t be that important can it.

Then I think that you must decide one of two things or both about Micah 5:2.

1.) The One who comes forth from days of eternity to God to be Ruler in Israel and born in Bethlehem is not ...[text shortened]... ernity?

Clarify.

And if you take 24 hours to do so don't accuse me then of "stifling debate."
You spammy posting stifles forum debate. I will not be trolling through your monologues sonship, especially at this time of year as I’m with family.

I’ve made a concise, succinct, scripturally coherent rebuttal of your twenty something posts of waffle. You are the worst poster in this forum, you dump and dump and dump and I am not wading through it.

If you cannot control your posting and make points succinctly then tough.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 18

@divegeester

You spammy posting stifles forum debate. I will not be trolling through your monologues sonship, especially at this time of year as I’m with family.

Yes, you probably will be "trolling" through my thread because you act like a troll.

I gave you space to write your #2 Statement free from my critiquing.

You CHOSE to troll over here with your usual well poisoning remarks.
Now you want to use holiday season to hide behind your weak countered position?

I’ve made a concise, succinct, scripturally coherent rebuttal of your twenty something posts of waffle.

When you shut you ears its "waffle".
When you shut your eyes its "hairdryer".
When you are too lazy to examine deeply a concept it is me stifling debate.

Go have your holiday gathering with your family.
But don't coware behind them to out your failure to make a Modalistic case with me successfully.

You are the worst poster in this forum, you dump and dump and dump and I am not wading through it.

You're welcome to that opinion.

If you cannot control your posting and make points succinctly then tough.

Succintly tell us when the Son of God was created.

God through the Son created the universe Hebrews 1:2. Before you go away for your family holiday festivities, explain WHERE in the Bible before the creation of all things, the Son of God who was not came into being by the Father's creation.

SUCCINCTLY ... as you say.

Moves
24 Dec 18

Go back to my post pick the first rebuttal, reply succinctly and maybe I will reciprocate

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 18

While we wait for Divegeesters short and succinct answer as to when the Son of God was created, I will review some points I touched briefly (believe it or not) above.

"THIS DAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU" refers not to Christ's incarnation, begetting from Mary. But the Apostle Paul under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit applied it to Christ's RESURRECTION in Acts 13:33.

That is when Christ as God incarnated was BORN the Firstborn from the DEAD. It is to that FIRSTBORN that the believers are predestinated to be to His image conformed.

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, [b]that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." (Rom. 8:29)

When was THIS Firstborn Son of God born? He was begotten on the day Jesus Christ rose from the dead. [b](Acts 13:33)

IF Rajk999 were here, he would have launched an argument that Firstborn of all creation means the Son was the first thing God created. I am expecting Divegeester to offer SOME logic WHY the Son of God is not eternal.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 18
1 edit

@divegeester

Go back to my post pick the first rebuttal, reply succinctly and maybe I will reciprocate

Poison well + move goalpost.

Move goalpost + poison well.

Its time for you to grow up. Your insults of "waffle" and "hairdyer" and "dump" are all aimed at discouraging me from talking to you.

It IS an effective strategy. It does tend to make me not want to bother talking to you. But I would be more impressed with with better arguments.

Tired of poison well + move goalpost + promise to answer syndrome.

You have a thread called "Statement part two" I stayed out of it. You have the freedom their to put forth your side Bible interpretation.

Moves
24 Dec 18

My succinct and irrefutable rebuttal to this entire vainglorious stream of sonship waffle is on page 1.

Happy Christmas 🎄

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 18
3 edits

@divegeester

Happy Christmas 🎄

I don't celebrate Christmas, Mr . Free From "Corporate Religion".
Who's in the cult now ?

Keep it.

Moves
24 Dec 18

@sonship said
@divegeester

Happy Christmas 🎄

I don't celebrate Christmas, Mr . Free From "Corporate Religion".
Who's in the cult now ?

Keep it.
My greeting was aimed at the the forum generally sonship, but your mean spiritedness is noted.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 18

@sonship said
Call it a monologue if you wish.
This thread will contain reasons for Christians believing in the eternal Son of God.

It is admitted up front that the two words together "eternal Son" may not be found in the Bible. I will give evidence for the FACT of the eternal Son being biblical.

You all can decide for yourselves.
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Only God is timeless without change, Jesus never changed into anything He always
was who He is. He didn't become the Son of God, He has always been.

Moves
24 Dec 18

@kellyjay said

Only God is timeless without change, Jesus never changed into anything He always
I refer you to my logical and scriptural rebuttal of this position on page 1.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Dec 18

@sonship said
God is eternal. God never was created. God had no beginning - always was and always will be.

The eternal Son may be believed because John 1:1 says that the Word was God. So as eternal God is the Word Who was God also must be.

[quote] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. (John 1:1) [/ ...[text shortened]... before incarnation the Word was not the Son of God ?

Read on. Or contribute your understanding.
Note who is talking, and what did He just say to His Son?

Hebrews 1:8
But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.

Psalm 45:6-7 English Standard Version (ESV)
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter
of uprightness; you have loved righteousness and hated wickedness.

Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your
companions;

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Dec 18
2 edits

@KellyJay

Yesterday is bound by RESURRECTION.

From His resurrection - "yesterday" He is the same now and forever.

There are two great BECAMES in the Bible.

1.) "And the Word BECAME flesh" - incarnation.

2.) "the last Adam BECAME a life giving Spirit." - transfiguration to become the life giving Spirit.

These two BECAMES are a part of the Triune God passing through something of a process in order to become our life.

When Hebrews 13:8 says that Jesus Christ is the SAME, yesterday, today, Yes even forever, that YESTERDAY has its starting point in His being raised the FIrstborn Son of God and becoming the life giving Spirit.

The last Adam became a life giving Spirit (1 Cor. 15:45)

From that point, from that "yesterday" Jesus Christ remains the Same unto eternity.

His resurrection was spoken as His BIRTH. And our resurrection is also likened to the sprouting of a crop in First Corinthians 15.

So YES and NO. He was the only begotten Son of God with divinity only. Then He BECAME a man with humanity - "The Word became flesh" .

So Yes and No. He was begotten the Firstborn Son of God in resurrection, and as the the last Adam He BECAME a life giving Spirit (1 Cor. 15:45) .