The  Eternal Son of God

The Eternal Son of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Jan 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester

Space aliens on other planets - this is bona fide true, everyone knows it. You lied about saying it several times and every time I go and find the thread and you disappear for a few days without apologising.

When you do go back a few years and find your posts FIND ALSO the ones in which I said I did not know for certain that lives on any oth ...[text shortened]... ken as my firm dogma about extraterrestial lives.

FIND THAT POST as you go looking into the past.
"Find that post..."

Do you really want to go through this humiliation again sonship?

This will be the fourth time you have demanded I or FMF "find the post"; each time we have produced it, and also the threads where you subsequently denied it existed, and each time you skulked off for several days (without apologising) and waited until the heat had died down.

so I two questions for you:
1) do you really want me to produce it?
2) if you do, then will you first state that you never said it?

I'll wait...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 19
2 edits

Do whatever you'd like.

They're all continual little side shows from your failure to prove that the Son of God is not an eternal office. That's 729 posts latter.

F

Moves
07 Jan 19

@sonship said
Do whatever you'd like.

They're all continual little side shows from your failure to prove that the Son of God is not an eternal office. That's 729 posts latter.
Does his failure to agree with you on this matter make him a "heretic"?

Moves
07 Jan 19

@sonship said
Do whatever you'd like.

No you brought the space aliens thing up, are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is and deny ever claiming there were beings on other planets observing the suffering in hell?

Moves
07 Jan 19

@fmf said
Does his failure to agree with you on this matter make him a "heretic"?
I think he was building up to calling me a demon in the other thread but has wisely thought better of it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Jan 19
1 edit

@divegeester

I think he was building up to calling me a demon in the other thread but has wisely thought better of it.

Your daydream, with no basis in reality.

Moves
08 Jan 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

Your daydream, with no basis in reality.
Well that is a relief indeed.

Moves
08 Jan 19

@sonship said
Do whatever you'd like.

Do you deny claiming this:

“They (the lost) will be hung in chains of punishment as a warning to those on other worlds”

Or do you deny claiming this:

”The lost will glorify him (Jesus) in their endless woe”

Don’t ever call me a liar again sonship.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 19

@divegeester

“They (the lost) will be hung in chains of punishment as a warning to those on other worlds”

GIve me the link so I can check it. I mean my original post. And I'll tell you if I wrote it or not.

Same with your other bolded sentence. Provide me the link to my post please.

Moves
08 Jan 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

GIve me the link so I can check it. I mean my original post. And I'll tell you if I wrote it or not.

Same with your other bolded sentence. Provide me the link to my post please.
No, you called me a liar over this, and you have done this 3 times before at least; exactly the same little tactics, have you forgotten?

You either apologise for calling me a liar or deny you said it.

PS You need to be aware that I have the links to the threads (original and your denials)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 19
3 edits

The argument is not over whether I wrote something.

It is over the dishonestly of your overlooking on purpose my clarification of how not to take what I wrote in too literal a way.

When I write in essence "this should not be taken as a firm doctrinal commitment by me to life on other planets either now or latter". And you continue to trot out the issue as if it is for me a dogmatic insistence of extraterrestial life - that is dishonest.

I asked you for the link because I don't know if I originally wrote "on" or "in" other worlds.

If I wrote "on" other worlds I would count it reasonable for readers to assume other planets were meant.

If I wrote "in" other worlds that understanding would not be necessarily so forth coming. THAT is why I asked you to provide the link of which I do not know without looking.

Either way "on" other worlds or "in" other worlds you know that I latter indicated I was not INSISTING on extraterrestrial life. I plainly wrote the I don't know of such either now or latter.

For you to IGNORE this caveat made years ago and continue to brandish a wacko like belief in ETs is dishonest. This is your eagerness to exploit what was long ago clarified.

Aside from me checking your say-so these comments I add, and not for the first time.
================================
We've been through this before and you are still trying to exploit the matter.

The chains were a loose allusion to the "chains" or "bonds" that Jude said some rebellious angels were bound by in their punishment -

"And angels who did not keep their own principality but abandoned their own dwelling place, He has kept in eternal bonds [or chains] under gloom for the judgment of the great day." (Jude 6)

Contemporary English Version
You also know about the angels who didn't do their work and left their proper places. God chained them with everlasting chains and is now keeping them in dark pits until the great day of judgment.

1.) Could we not say that these angels are of "other worlds" ? Yes

2.) Could we not say that they are kept in chains or bonds ? Yes

3.) Could we not say that they could be a deterent to other creatures human, angelic, or of the new heaven and new earth, that rebellion against God is futile? Yes

4.) Is their utter defeat and God's utter victory over their rebellion bring glory to God?

I say Yes. I don't know why any Christian might not see why.

Now God crushed Pharoah in Exodus to gain glory over him to make His name renowned in all the world. Sorry.

"For the Scripture says to Pharoah. 'For this very thing I have raised you up, that I might show in you My power, and that My name might be proclaimed in all the earth." (Romans 9:17)

The prophet Isaiah concludes his long book with the saved witnessing the eternal destruction of the rebels against God. Surely they will contemplate the lesson of the matter.

"And from new moon to new moon and from Sabbath to Sabbath all flesh will come to bow down before Me, says Jehovah.

Then they will go forth and look on the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against Me; For their worm will not die, Not will their fire be quenched;

And they will be ab abhorrence to all flesh." (Isa. 66:23,24)

The rejoicing over the glory of God ascends from the saints as the smoke of God's enemies goes up forever and ever in Revelation 19:1-3.

After these things I head as it were a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, Hallelujah! The salvation and the glory and the power are of our God.

For true and righteous are His judgments; for He has judged the great harlot who corrupted the earth with her fornication, and He avenged the blood of His slaves at her hand.

And a second time they said, Hallelujah! And her smoke goes up forever and ever." (Rev. 19:1-3)

Therefore in principle, there the defeat of God's enemies is a source of glory being rendered to Him.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Jan 19

@sonship said
The argument is not over whether I wrote something.

It is over the dishonestly of your overlooking on purpose my clarification of how not to take what I wrote in too literal a way.

When I write in essence "this should not be taken as a firm doctrinal commitment by me to life on other planets either now or latter". And you continue to trot out the issue as if it is for ...[text shortened]... erefore in principle, there the defeat of God's enemies is a source of glory being rendered to Him.
Why the play on semantics? You either meant 'on' other worlds or you didn't.

Are your views really so erratic that you can't recall what you posted?

Moves
08 Jan 19
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said

He has had his words on this aliens topic shoved under his dishonest nose at least three times.

Deny > "liar" > deny > "liar" > deny > "show me the post" > post shown > "oh crap!" > disappears for a few days without apologising

#sonshipstrangebeliefs

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Jan 19
3 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I want to see what it is I wrote. There is nothing erratic if you consider that of the total amount of subject matter I have expounded here, that matter has been probably less then 1%.

DIvegeester keeps it up front as if it is 99% of my Christian belief.

It serves his interests to magnify over much my commitment to the sentence. How many threads have I started devoted to space aliens ? Go back through 40 or 50 pages, count and report back to us, you care so much.

Moves
08 Jan 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I want to see what it is I wrote. There is nothing erratic if you consider that of the total amount of subject matter I have expounded here, that matter has been probably less then 1%. ...[text shortened]... ed to space aliens ? Go back through 40 or 50 pages, count and report back to us, you care so much.
I could write a list of the strange things you’ve said, but these two were a couple of peaches.