1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 15:19
    Originally posted by jaywill
    In the last days will come "mockers". You're right on time.
    Actually im more of a rocker (AC/DC) than a mocker, although i have been known to delve into it from time to time 🙂
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 15:311 edit
    [b]==========================
    That's a lot of words to say you believe in 3 Gods.

There is one God.
    ==========================

Which words did I write says I believe in three Gods ?

Be precise. No vague innuendos.[/b]
    OK. You believe in 1 God who is one person? Obviously not, you believe in three persons, so it's a bit of a cop-out to say you believe in 1 God.

Do you believe the Son is eternal?

Do you believe the 3 components of the trinity are co-equal?
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 15:33
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Unbelievable. No wonder no one can explain this trinity thing. I mean no disrespect but that's about the craziest buch of mumbo jumbo I've ever tried to read. And I mean "tried" as it makes no sense at all.
    All I see here is a total misunderstanding of these scriptures and some very vague attempts to play with words and try to make it believeable some ...[text shortened]... h so ones resort to it being explained like this?
    No wonder they call it a mystery!!!!!
    I think part of the problem is that people expect God to mimic what they know--- despite the fact that the topic is one that has been lost for so long. We can regale others with a vast amount of intricate detail regarding a serial television program or the made-up realm of Harry Potter, but when it comes to theology, it's all just so confusing and hard to follow.

Well, of course it's hard to follow: we have a near-complete abandonment of anything theological, which, itself, requires a daily intake in order to keep the rest of the crap we do take in at bay. We've forced all manner of fantasy and untruth (or, at best, meaningless facts) into our heads and then when we hear the truth about the most important topic in our existence, well, gee, it all sound so foreign to us. I wonder why.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 15:351 edit
    Unbelievable. No wonder no one can explain this trinity thing. I mean no disrespect but that's about the craziest buch of mumbo jumbo I've ever tried to read. And I mean "tried" as it makes no sense at all.
    All I see here is a total misunderstanding of these scriptures and some very vague attempts to play with words and try to make it believeable some h so ones resort to it being explained like this?
    No wonder they call it a mystery!!!!!
    I think your doctrine on the Godhead is worse as it does not accept the deity of Christ. You are therefore by default not a Christian per-se.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 15:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    OK. You believe in 1 God who is one person?
    =================================

The Bible tells me that there is ONE God.
    So I believe that there is only one true God.

The human language is limited in discribing the mysterious nature of this one God. I may "borrow" the word Persons or Person. But this is not to be pushed too far. It is my borrowing the word for communication.

I believe that in God there are three _________________.

I do not fill in the blank because human language limits me. I don't know exactly how to put it. Three WHAT ??

Let's borrow the word persons ie. "three persons". Well, careful. I cannot push "three persons" too far. You can easily call me on it. You can easily point out that such a thought cannot help but to lead to "three gods". Right ?

Three "PERSONS" is only a tiny step away from Tritheism - three Gods. You know that. So I prefer to leave it blank. God is in three _________.

Then you may ask "Well then, you believe that God is one PERSON, eh?"

Well, yes (cautiously again). Human language is a limitation. The Father is God. The Son is God. The Holy Spirit is God. The THREE _______ exist simultaneously. One sends the other. One obeys the other, prays to the other, petitions the other. One glorifies the other. One raised the other. One labors for the exultation of the other.

One imparts the other. When one comes the other two come with the one. When one acts, the other acts too. That is just the way it is.

So to your question, I can only cautiously borrow the word "Person" or "Persons". I cannot stress it too far. If I stress Person or Persons too far I will fall into one error or the other. Human language limits me.

In the mean time God is to be enjoyed and experienced in deeper and deeper levels.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 16:43
    [b]==================================
    Unbelievable. No wonder no one can explain this trinity thing.
    =====================================

There is no requirement place upon the disciples that they HAVE to be able to explain God's mysterious nature.

Can you point to an 11th commandment "Thou shalt surely be able to explain God" ? [/ ...[text shortened]... e passage yourself in Colossians. Christ - the mystery of God.
    "It is mysterious. But it makes sense." Ok, that's a new one.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 16:47
    I think your doctrine on the Godhead is worse as it does not accept the deity of Christ. You are therefore by default not a Christian per-se.
    Are you referring to Christ as being a God?
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 16:50
    [b]=================================

The human language is limited in describing the mysterious nature of this one God. I may "borrow" the word Persons or Person. B ...[text shortened]... od is to be enjoyed and experienced in deeper and deeper levels.[/b]
    You say:

"The Bible tells me that there is ONE God. So I believe that there is only one true God."

"Person' does distort things. But I suggest this statement is the best way to avoid distorting what the Bible tells us about God: "_____ __ ___ ___."
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 16:52

The human language is limited in discribing the mysterious nature of this one God. I may "borrow" the word Persons or Person. B ...[text shortened]... od is to be enjoyed and experienced in deeper and deeper levels.[/b]
    So since you can't come up with the words that our language doesn't have and you have to provide blanks, why don't we stick to the simple everyday language we all speak and the language that's in the Bible. It simply says he is 1 God. It does not say he is 3 God's in 1. It does not say he is 3 beings in 1. Right?
    Those who "add to the words of the Bible" have been given fair warning..........
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 17:411 edit

The human language is limited in discribing the mysterious nature of this one God. I may "borrow" the word Persons or Person. B od is to be enjoyed and experienced in deeper and deeper levels.[/b]
    If you struggle so much with the language why adhere to an historically pagan construct to explain our God?

God is one.

There is one God.

This God is revealed in many ways and through many names

The current name given by God amoungst men is Jesus Christ, which as we all know means God saves.

Why complicate and compromise the truth with pagan ideology?

Also, please can you consider answering my other questions about co-equality within a triune Godhead and the eternal Sonship?

Regards my friend
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 20:45
    If you struggle so much with the language why adhere to an historically pagan construct to explain our God?

God is one.

There is one God.

This God is revealed in many ways and through many names

The current name given by God amoungst men is Jesus Christ, which as we all know means God saves.

Why complicate and compromise the truth with p ...[text shortened]... uestions about co-equality within a triune Godhead and the eternal Sonship?

Regards my friend
    What pagan ideology are you talking about? How much do you know about
    pagan ideology? Have you had any formal training on pagan ideology?
    What are your credentials and what references can you give us? Why
    should we believe you have the superior knowledge on the subject?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 21:011 edit
    So since you can't come up with the words that our language doesn't have and you have to provide blanks, why don't we stick to the simple everyday language we all speak and the language that's in the Bible. It simply says he is 1 God. It does not say he is 3 God's in 1. It does not say he is 3 beings in 1. Right?
    Those who "add to the words of the Bible" have been given fair warning..........
    But it does say that the Father is God. It aslo says the Son is God.
    And finally it says th Holy Spirit is God. We know that the Son, the
    Word made flesh, as Jesus, was a human being and a person according
    to the Holy Bible. We are told in the Holy Bible that the Holy spirit
    has all the personality characteristics of a person and the same thing
    true of the Father. So if the Father and the Holy Spirit are not persons,
    then apparently Satan the Devil is not a person either. So we are left
    with only one person to worship and that is Jesus (Yahshua), who is
    definetely a person and the only true God.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 00:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But it does say that the Father is God. It aslo says the Son is God.
    And finally it says th Holy Spirit is God. We know that the Son, the
    Word made flesh, as Jesus, was a human being and a person according
    to the Holy Bible. We are told in the Holy Bible that the Holy spirit
    has all the personality characteristics of a person and the same thing
    true ...[text shortened]... erson to worship and that is Jesus (Yahshua), who is
    definetely a person and the only true God.
    Just for discussions sake, could you show me what verse says the the Holy Spirit is God or a God? Now don't get it confused where it say's "God's Spirit" but where it says the Holy Spirit is God or a God. Ok?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 02:55
    Just for discussions sake, could you show me what verse says the the Holy Spirit is God or a God? Now don't get it confused where it say's "God's Spirit" but where it says the Holy Spirit is God or a God. Ok?
    The following is a post I directed to robbie carobie, maybe you should
    have read it too because I used quotes from your own NWT. Notice
    Acts 5:3-4. I Know you probablly still have your JW blinders on.

Jesus said, "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather
    with Me scatters. Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be
    forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And
    whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him,
    either in this age or the age to come." (Matthew 12:30-32 NASB)

The Jehovah's Witnesses do not gather with the rest of the Christians.
    By pretending to be Christians they scatter as Jesus said.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 The JW's NWT
    17Now Jehovah is the Spirit; and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom. 18And all of us, while we with unveiled faces reflect like mirrors the glory of Jehovah, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, exactly as done by Jehovah [the] Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is Jehovah according to your own NWT and therefore
    the Holy Spirit is God. And again from your own NWT:

3But Peter said: “An·a·ni´as, why has Satan emboldened you to play false to the holy spirit and to hold back secretly some of the price of the field? 4As long as it remained with you did it not remain yours, and after it was sold did it not continue in your control? Why was it that you purposed such a deed as this in your heart? You have played false, not to men, but to God.” (Acts 5:3-4)

Does this not say the Holy Spirit is God for how can one play false with an
    "active force"?
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 03:031 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The following is a post I directed to robbie carobie, maybe you should
    have read it too because I used quotes from your own NWT. Notice
    Acts 5:3-4. I Know you probablly still have your JW blinders on.

Jesus said, "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather
    with Me scatters. Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be s this not say the Holy Spirit is God for how can one play false with an
    "active force"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree