1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 02:341 edit
    The Experiencial Basis of the Trinity cont.

the Lord Jesus tells His disciples that they shall be persecuted and brought before the civil and religious rulers for His name’s sake (Matt. 10:17-21; Mark 13:9-11; Luke 12:11-12; 21:12-15). He prepares them to have confidence that they will know what to speak under those circumstances.

In each instance the Lord said something like, “Take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak”(Matt. 10:19). It will be given to the persecuted disciples, by God, what they should speak.

However, in Matthew 10:20 the Lord then says, “For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you” The Spirit of the Father will be speaking in them.

But in Mark 13:11, He says, “It is not ye that speak but the Holy Spirit”. Here it is the Holy Spirit who will be speaking in them.

In Luke 12:12, He promises that the Holy Spirit “shall teach you … what ye ought to say”; and in Luke 21:15 He says, “I will give you a mouth.”

When we put all these verses together, we see that the Triune God will be speaking through the persecuted disciples of the Lord Jesus. At such times, surely the Lord’s followers do not sense that three distinct Persons are speaking through them. Rather, they experience the Triune God as the three-in-one giving them instant utterance as they testify for the Lord Jesus.

This too is the experiencial basis of the Trinity under the heat of persecution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree