1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '15 19:431 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    This is why I feel the need to talk past you sometimes. I know you're not going to get it.

Watchman Nee doesn't believe in this stupid gap theory does he? I thought he was a little more level headed than Witness Lee.

You're going to have to get use to the fact that many good teachers of the Bible see the matter of a gap. I do not ...[text shortened]... .1 and 1.2. [/quote]

[[b]Without Form and Void
    , Arthur Custance, Doorway Papers, pg. 21][/b]
    I believe it is clear these are those times prophecied when men have accumulated for themeselves teachers according to their own desires, like Dr. Chalmers, Dr. I. M. Haldeman, G. H. Pember, Watchman Lee, and Witness Lee to tickle their ears, because they have turned from the truth to myths.
    For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

(2 Timothy 4:3-4 NASB)
  2. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    23 May '15 22:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe it is clear these are those times prophecied when men have accumulated for themeselves teachers according to their own desires, like Dr. Chalmers, Dr. I. M. Haldeman, G. H. Pember, Watchman Lee, and Witness Lee to tickle their ears, because they have turned from the truth to myths.
    For the time will come when they will not endure sound doct ...[text shortened]... rn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

(2 Timothy 4:3-4 NASB)
    So is YEC myth
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '15 22:59
    Originally posted by kevinlee123
    So is YEC myth
    No. That is solid King James Version Holy Bible truth. 😏
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '15 11:488 edits

Chalmers, I have not read.
    Haldeman, I have not heard of either.

I read Pember, after reading that ear tickling book "The Biblical Flood and the Ice Epoch". And what I got was more Christ from Pember's book. I not only got some good solid teaching from Genesis. But I got fed in my spirit by the godly and nourishing shepherding of this writer.

Why should I not "accumulate" brothers around me that feed my spirit and cause me to be enlightened about the word of God?

No Hinds, I go to Witness Lee and Watchman Nee and a good number of other brothers and sister Christians, not to get my ears tickled. I go to them to get fed in my spirit and enlightened as to God's eternal purpose.

I think you're just annoyed that someone can reasonably defend the gap in time in Genesis 1:1,2. Your accumulated teachers taught you that that's not suppose to happen.

Surprise!

I don't think you have to agree. I don't think you have to back down on what you believe about a Satan who concurrently with Adam and Eve fell from his ordained authority. We're still Christian brothers.

But I'm sorry if some of us actually can stand up to your Duane Gish, Kent Hovind and Answers in Genesis scrutiny. We can just take it because we think our intepretation of the matter is closer to what the Bible teaches.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '15 11:56
    Kevin, you can see that it is ironic that RJHInds accuses us of accumulating ear ticklers.

On his threads he often links to YouTubes which do just that - tickle the ears. He desperately spammed a series of them when he was raging against the current American president Barrack Obama.

But I do wish to fellowship with you Kevin. Did you read any of "The Mystery of Creation" by Watchman Nee. I read it long ago and remember it being very good.
  6. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    24 May '15 13:271 edit
    Kevin, you can see that it is ironic that RJHInds accuses us of accumulating ear ticklers.

On his threads he often links to YouTubes which do just that - tickle the ears. He desperately spammed a series of them when he was raging against the current American president Barrack Obama.

But I do wish to fellowship with you Kevin. Did you read any of ...[text shortened]... e Mystery of Creation"
    by Watchman Nee. I read it long ago and remember it being very good.[/b]
    Just for the first time on this PDF file.

Now l think this website helps me a lot.

Gap Theorists Defended

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%20Hoax/gap_theorists_defended.htm
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 May '15 19:49

Chalmers, I have not read.
    Haldeman, I have no ...[text shortened]... st take it because we think our intepretation of the matter is closer to what the Bible teaches.
    I don't see that you or anyone else has done a good job of defending the Gap Theory. I bet that is because there is no Gap. 😏
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '15 22:341 edit
    Just for the first time on this PDF file.

Now l think this website helps me a lot.

[b]Gap Theorists Defended

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%20Hoax/gap_theorists_defended.htm[/b]
    Thanks Kevin.

Let me ask your feeling.

How much do you think debating over this is really related to God's economy ? Give me your honest feeling about this.

Maybe you'll notice that in these 300 plus pages of exchanges my focus has more often been on preserving the exposure of God's and the church's enemy.

By the way. I want to view the link you gave and give some of my own thoughts, perhaps, about it. Thanks.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 May '15 23:06
    Your Gap Theory is defeated. 😏
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '15 23:29
    Your Gap Theory is defeated. 😏
    On your smug say so?
    Hardly.

Now if you don't mind I am going to converse with someone else about the matter for awhile.
  11. Joined
    28 Jan '15
    Moves
    25 May '15 01:11
    Thanks Kevin.

Let me ask your feeling.

How much do you think debating over this is really related to God's economy ? Give me your honest feeling about this.

Maybe you'll notice that in these 300 plus pages of exchanges my focus has more often been on preserving the exposure of God's and the church's enemy.

By the way. I want to view the link you gave and give some of my own thoughts, perhaps, about it. Thanks.
    I believe this topic is a nonessential subject. And I think this has nothing to with God's economy
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '15 02:312 edits
    I believe this topic is a nonessential subject. And I think this has nothing to with God's economy
    I agree for the most part. Its good that you are so clear about this so young.

And with that I think I'll leave this thread.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '15 18:251 edit
    To any reading,

This occasional poster kevinlee123 I would like to encourage to share with us more.

I would encourage some of the Christians here, and anyone else who is a decent English speaking gentleman or lady, to be considerate that English is not his native writing language.

But his spiritual insight I have benefited from. He has helped me with a few words. I would be happy for him to come forward more and post from his insight and experience of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree