The God Delusion

The God Delusion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by ckoh1965
dj2, you must excuse me; I'm not a biblical scholar. So I don't really know where exactly God reveals his character in the bible. But I've read bits and pieces of the bible, and am able to form an opinion on the general character of God.

So here we have a being who's supposed to be almighty. He is supposed to be loving and have merciful. First He creats ctable being. I have no respect for such a character. I think he is a confused being.
I guess it's not very useful to read just bits and pieces of the Bible. I would read the whole thing if I were you.

I have answered this question on a number of occasions. You have never responed to my answer. You always seem to pop up with the same questions.

I suggest you read this: http://www.ldolphin.org/evil.html

Moves
28 Sep 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
As to point 1, who cares? God would know if he was all-good if he didn't allow evil to exist wouldn't he? He is omniscient after all!

As to point 2, yes you bloody fool: he wanted evil to exist and it does. Therefore, he is NOT omnibenevolent. What part of this can't you understand?
Would you care to give me the dictionary definition that you are using for “omnibenevolent”, which demonstrates why God and Evil cannot co-exist at the same time?

It seems to me that you are defining “omnibenevolent” to mean what you want it to mean.

Moves
28 Sep 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Do you think God loves the atheists on the site as much as he loves you?
Why not?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
28 Sep 06

Originally posted by mokko
Trick questions my dear?
Play nice. 😛
He wanted a more specific question and I asked one in keeping with the theme of Jonah. It ain't about a damn whale.

Moves
28 Sep 06

He wanted a more specific question and I asked one in keeping with the theme of Jonah. It ain't about a damn whale.
Yeah I'm sure you heard about the evolutionist teacher who said that it is impossible for a whale to swallow a human being.

A little girl said that one day when she gets to Heaven she will ask Jonah if a whale really swallowed him.

The teacher asked what if Jonah is not in Heaven.

The girl said, well then you can ask him. 😀

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
28 Sep 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
Yeah I'm sure you heard about the evolutionist teacher who said that it is impossible for a whale to swallow a human being.

A little girl said that one day when she gets to Heaven she will ask Jonah if a whale really swallowed him.

No, I didn't hear about the evolutionist teacher. Let me guess: it was a public school wasn't it?

Moves
28 Sep 06

No, I didn't hear about the evolutionist teacher. Let me guess: it was a public school wasn't it?
How did you guess? 😉

h

Cosmos

Moves
28 Sep 06

How did you guess? 😉
If incredibly, annoying freaking morons like DJbecker are going to be in heaven, then remind me to be as thorouhgly evil as possible from now until the day I die.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Sep 06

Would you care to give me the dictionary definition that you are using for “omnibenevolent”, which demonstrates why God and Evil cannot co-exist at the same time?

It seems to me that you are defining “omnibenevolent” to mean what you want it to mean.
Are you a freaking idiot? Omnibenevolent is the term you used in one of your cut and pastes! Omni = All; benevolent = Good, so it means in the dictionary "All good".

I can't believe you're sooooooooooooooo stupid that you don't understand what the point is. Please reread my posts until you grasp it. I've spelled it out several times. A God possessing the three O's is incompatible with the existence of Evil for the reasons given.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Sep 06

How many times are you going to repeat that stupid "story"?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Sep 06

I guess it's not very useful to read just bits and pieces of the Bible. I would read the whole thing if I were you.

I have answered this question on a number of occasions. You have never responed to my answer. You always seem to pop up with the same questions.

I suggest you read this: http://www.ldolphin.org/evil.html
I read it, it says:

God made evil POSSIBLE;

Then go through a lot of illogical posturing to somehow say that God can still be omnibenevolent even though he made evil possible!🙄

Moves
28 Sep 06

Are you a freaking idiot? Omnibenevolent is the term you used in one of your cut and pastes! Omni = All; benevolent = Good, so it means in the dictionary "All good".

I can't believe you're sooooooooooooooo stupid that you don't understand what the point is. Please reread my posts until you grasp it. I've spelled it out several times. A God ...[text shortened]... ossessing the three O's is incompatible with the existence of Evil for the reasons given.
Is the term 'omnibenevolent' not used to describe the character of God, meaning that the essence of God is 'all Good'?

As the existence of Evil has nothing to do with the essence and character of God, you are just rambling on about nothing.

You have not once demonstrated why 'Good' and 'Evil' cannot co-exist at the same time.

You are just using circular arguments and childish insults.

Moves
28 Sep 06

I read it, it says:

God made evil POSSIBLE;

Then go through a lot of illogical posturing to somehow say that God can still be omnibenevolent even though he made evil possible!🙄

If God is all good then it follows logically that God can allow Evil to exist for the greater good in the end.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Sep 06

Is the term 'omnibenevolent' not used to describe the character of God, meaning that the essence of God is 'all Good'?

As the existence of Evil has nothing to do with the essence and character of God, you are just rambling on about nothing.

You have not once demonstrated why 'Good' and 'Evil' cannot co-exist at the same time.

You are just using circular arguments and childish insults.
I'm not wasting my time with you further; you are either a complete moron or totally dishonest. No one is saying good and evil can't co-exist and you know it (or maybe you can't understand this); what is being said and what you refuse to address is the relationship between your mythical being with his supposed attritributes of the 3 O's and the existence of evil. They are fundamentally incompatible and your illogical raving doesn't change that.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Sep 06
2 edits

[b]Then go through a lot of illogical posturing to somehow say that God can still be omnibenevolent even though he made evil possible!🙄

If God is all good then it follows logically that God can allow Evil to exist for the greater good in the end.[/b]
Not if he is Omnipotent.

If he is omnibenevolent, he wouldn't allow evil to exist at all. And if he is omnipotent, he could choose another means to get to the supposed greater good than the existence of evil (which his allowing to exist negates any claim of omnibenevolence).