1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 17:57
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Give me a link to the ancient hospitals. Everyone knows there were doctors. But hospitals? I'd like to see.
    I already did. But since you can't even understand your own Bible, it's no surprise that you can't understand my posts. Here it is AGAIN:

"The world before Christ was a world without hospitals"

The ancient Sinhalese, inhabitants of what is now Sri Lanka, had hospitals in the 4th century BC.

http://www.lankalibrary.com/geo/medicine.htm

"Hospitals were an innovation of Christianity" - Bunk.

2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I already did. But since you can't even understand your own Bible, it's no surprise that you can't understand my posts. Here it is AGAIN:

"The world before Christ was a world without hospitals"

The ancient Sinhalese, inhabitants of what is now Sri Lanka, had hospitals in the 4th century BC.

http://www.lankalibrary.com/geo/medicine.htm

"Hospitals were an innovation of Christianity" - Bunk.

Fascinating. A corroborating source, please?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:08
    In other words:

"Damn, he made some good points that I can't refute."

"LIES!"

"That'll give me time to think of something better to say..."
    It is easy to make a whole slew of historically untrue assertions. I know from my knowledge of history that virtually every claim made is untrue. However, while you clowns accept such cut and paste jobs without hesitation, you insist on high standards of proof to establish simple, well known historical facts. That requires actual research on the Web which can be time-consuming. I have already exposed two assertions as flat out lies: hospitals existed before Christ and the Babylonians invented the seven day week: it has nothing to do with the Genesis story of a 7 day creation. It took me about an hour to find two good links.

If I want to spend most of the weekend doing research shooting down a bunch of absurd claims, I could. However, I'd rather play some chess today and go to the St. Patrick's Day parade tomorrow. I can only suggest to you people that, for a change, YOU actually provide some proof of claims, rather than making outlandish claims and insisting we disprove them. It's kinda like someone saying "the sky is green" and then insisting you have to provide a "peer reviewed scientific journal article" to prove it's blue. But those type of tactics are what we've come to expect from a bunch of illogical fanatics.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:11
    Fascinating. A corroborating source, please?
    http://efusion1.securesites.net/travel/lanka/religion/anciant.htm

Do a Google search for "Sinhalese Hospitals" and you will find many more.
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:16
    http://efusion1.securesites.net/travel/lanka/religion/anciant.htm

Do a Google search for "Sinhalese Hospitals" and you will find many more.
    This site is virtually a copy of the other, with a different background. Almost verbatim. How about a "corroborating" source now?
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:20
    It is easy to make a whole slew of historically untrue assertions. I know from my knowledge of history that virtually every claim made is untrue. However, while you clowns accept such cut and paste jobs without hesitation, you insist on high standards of proof to establish simple, well known historical facts. That requires actual research on t ...[text shortened]... e. But those type of tactics are what we've come to expect from a bunch of illogical fanatics.
    Why couldn't the Babylonians have used a 7 day week because of what God told man about there being 7 days at the beginning of human history?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:27
    This site is virtually a copy of the other, with a different background. Almost verbatim. How about a "corroborating" source now?
    "The medical systems of the Sinhalese have been renowned since the 1st Century BC when the northern capital of Anuradhapura boasted some 18 hospitals."

http://www.akanezumiya.com/publications/mag4.htm

Give up yet?

8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:301 edit
    Why couldn't the Babylonians have used a 7 day week because of what God told man about there being 7 days at the beginning of human history?
    The Babylonians didn't believe in your God, Darfius and the Jews copied their seven day week from the Babylonians. If you're simply going to claim that EVERY invention of EVERY people is actually a "Christian" one because the OT God is real and therefore, everything is done through him, it would save us both a lot of time, but it wouldn't prove the ridiculous assertions in the article.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:32
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Slavery was eradicated as a result of tireless efforts of Christians
    The sons of Noah who went forth from the ark were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. Ham was the father of Canaan. These three were the sons of Noah; and from these the whole earth was peopled. Noah was the first tiller of the soil. He planted a vineyard; and he drank of the wine, and became drunk, and lay uncovered in his tent. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside.Then Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it upon both their shoulders, and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father; their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father's nakedness. When Noah awoke from his wine and knew what his youngest son had done to him, he said, "Cursed be Canaan; a slave of slaves shall he be to his brothers." He also said, "Blessed by the LORD my God be Shem; and let Canaan be his slave. God enlarge Japheth, and let him dwell in the tents of Shem; and let Canaan be his slave." After the flood Noah lived three hundred and fifty years. All the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years; and he died. (Genesis 9:18-29)

Care to comment?

D
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:422 edits
    There are some still standing remains of an ancient hospital dating from before the birth of Christ in the Sinhalese city of Mihintale. Medical instruments were found on the grounds. It is a tourist attraction.

http://www.atsrilanka.com/anuradhapura.htm#mihintale

There's a picture of it here:

http://www.srilankareference.org/srilankaayurveda/ancient_medical.htm
  11. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:48
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The sons of Noah who went forth from the ark were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. Ham was the father of Canaan. These three were the sons of Noah; and from these the whole earth was peopled. Noah was the first tiller of the soil. He planted a vineyard; and he drank of the wine, and became drunk, and lay uncovered in his tent. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the ...[text shortened]... oah were nine hundred and fifty years; and he died. (Genesis 9:18-29)

Care to comment?

D
    Sure. Canaan's dad messed up and his son paid the price. As you'll later see, Canaan and his people aren't nice people anyway.
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:49
    "The medical systems of the Sinhalese have been renowned since the 1st Century BC when the northern capital of Anuradhapura boasted some 18 hospitals."

http://www.akanezumiya.com/publications/mag4.htm

Give up yet?

I notice it went from 4th century BC to 1st century. How exactly do they know it's 1st century?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:56
    I notice it went from 4th century BC to 1st century. How exactly do they know it's 1st century?
    They were 18 hospitals by the 1st century B.C., they started creating hospitals apparently in the 8th century BC. They have historical writings; they were an advanced civilization, far more advanced than the semisavage Israelites of the same era.

Why can't you simply admit the author was wrong? Do even cut and paste jobs written by Fundamentalist Christians acheive the status of inerrancy and infallibility? The Sinhalese had hospitals before the birth of Christ, that is a fact. Your stubborn insistence to accept this historical fact makes you look foolish. I have provided multiple corroberating sources as you requested; the author of the article was wrong, admit it.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 18:59
    The Babylonians didn't believe in your God, Darfius and the Jews copied their seven day week from the Babylonians. If you're simply going to claim that EVERY invention of EVERY people is actually a "Christian" one because the OT God is real and therefore, everything is done through him, it would save us both a lot of time, but it wouldn't prove the ridiculous assertions in the article.
    I suppose you don't know that the date is 2005 AD. Did the Babylonians also think up the Anno Domini?
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 19:05
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I suppose you don't know that the date is 2005 AD. Did the Babylonians also think up the Anno Domini?
    The fact that our week consists of seven days is a testimony to the fact of God creating the world in six days, resting on the seventh.

That was the assertion made in the article; it is not true. Do you deny this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree