1. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 13:21
    I came across this video of the Presidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast 2013 with Jonathan Cahn. I am particularly interested in what Christians of this forum think.

YouTube
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 23:37
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    I came across this video of the Presidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast 2013 with Jonathan Cahn. I am particularly interested in what Christians of this forum think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2H9fniQTY
    All I have to say is wow.

This man is a powerful speaker (I must admit I've never heard of him) and I'm sorely afraid that he might be right in what he has laid out in this video.

It's fairly chilling. A wake-up call, indeed. If what he's saying is on the money, then the next big (and possibly fatal) financial collapse with be in Sept 2015. There may yet be time to prepare. It's also time to get right with God and to pray for America.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '13 23:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    All I have to say is wow.

This man is a powerful speaker (I must admit I've never heard of him) and I'm sorely afraid that he might be right in what he has laid out in this video.

It's fairly chilling. A wake-up call, indeed. If what he's saying is on the money, then the next big (and possibly fatal) financial collapse with be in Sept 2015. There may yet be time to prepare. It's also time to get right with God and to pray for America.
    why not pray for the world instead?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 02:35
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    why not pray for the world instead?
    Why pray at all?

Isn't that what you meant?
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 02:37
    Why pray at all?

Isn't that what you meant?
    nope. you believe, i was asking from your point of view.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 03:29

I love this guys book I have it.
  7. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 04:15

I am very familiar with Jonathon Cahn. I have been receiving his monthly newsletter 'sapphires' for awhile now. The newsletter is very insightful and edifying. I have read about 'the Harbinger' through the magazine but had never heard him speak on it before I saw this video a few weeks ago. I agree with Suzianne that we need to pray for our nation. The correlation he shows between ancient Israel and the U.S is amazing.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 05:27
    Interesting but in reality what he is speaking about is really there in the Bible for all to see.
    The nation of Israel did leave their God Jehovah and in turn he lifted his shield protection from them and they did suffer.
    And the things they did start to do such as their lapse of morals and letting materialism take over their lifes did lead to their downfall. But many nations throughout history have followed into that same fate.
    This is why the Bible says "it is not for earthling man to lead humans". It will never work as history has shown.
    Man is simply too imperfect and does not have the wisdom and insight to do this.
    Intentions may be good especially in the beginning just as was the case of the early United States.
    They all had a good idea of what a great nation should be and look like and on paper it looked good.
    But a couple things they cannot control is the imperfect human and the influance of Satan.
    But this fate of man never really getting it right and always falling short of the mark will always be. It is what man chose from Adam until now. And that is being independant from God.
    It will never work.
    God has been patient in letting man try every conceivable idea of government and thought on how they want it done. It has failed.
    But there is hope in God's promisses to soon take back over and return this planet and mankind to his plan, his perfect plan that will work.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 18:29

It was not made at the actual inaugural breakfast but rather a christian mens conference so I'm led to understand.

The themes he touches on are familiar to many Christians and he speaks with a lot of passion, however after watching I felt he was subliminally promoting his book a little too much for my liking and the references he made, (e.g. sycamore trees and others about buildings and historical POI) whilst being interesting on the moment sound-bites, require evidence imo; hense having to buy his book I guess.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Feb '13 22:59
    Originally posted by boonon
    I am very familiar with Jonathon Cahn. I have been receiving his monthly newsletter 'sapphires' for awhile now. The newsletter is very insightful and edifying. I have read about 'the Harbinger' through the magazine but had never heard him speak on it before I saw this video a few weeks ago. I agree with Suzianne that we need to pray for our nation. The correlation he shows between ancient Israel and the U.S is amazing.
    I was moved to buy his book off Amazon for my Kindle. I guess I'll see precisely what he's talking about.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 00:09
    I was moved to buy his book off Amazon for my Kindle. I guess I'll see precisely what he's talking about.
    I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it, if you are happy to share your thoughts?
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 00:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It was not made at the actual inaugural breakfast but rather a christian mens conference so I'm led to understand.

The themes he touches on are familiar to many Christians and he speaks with a lot of passion, however after watching I felt he was subliminally promoting his book a little too much for my liking and the references he made, (e.g. sycamore ...[text shortened]... eresting on the moment sound-bites, require evidence imo; hense having to buy his book I guess.

Not that it matters, but it was at the inaugural breakfast as indicated, see link.
    http://pipb2013.eventbrite.com/
    http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/mp4/TURNER_011013_WS

The themes he touches on are familiar to many Christians and he speaks with a lot of passion, however after watching I felt he was subliminally promoting his book a little too much for my liking

I think whenever anybody writes books and then speaks on the subject matter; the talk about the book will never do the book justice, if for nothing else... because of time constraints. I am not bothered that he promotes a book, it does not detract from what he is talking about which I think is a powerful message that needs to be heard.

I recently watched a video of Hitchens v. Lennox debating Hitchens book 'God is not Great'. During the debate, Chris mentioned his book several times and not subliminally, I am equally not bothered by this. Books for the writer are a part of the writer, it’s their craft... it's their work.

From what I found, Cahn has the one book, wiki tells me Hitchens had 21... just an observation.

I have also purchased his book and I will be interested to see how comparisons to ancient Israel compare to the US.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 00:58
    Originally posted by boonon
    I visited his website and he has several resources there that you can request free of charge, the magazine being one of them. I am interested in learning more about his point of view and if what he is discussing has real merit with regards to the US.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 00:59
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I love this guys book I have it.
    Just out of curiosity, do you feel the message is for the US today?
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 03:57
    Just out of curiosity, do you feel the message is for the US today?
    Hard to day but with O.B. as President matbe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree