1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 17:471 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The viewpoint you express shows you ignorance of the history of American technological development since the founding fathers declared the USA a free and independent nation. No other nation on Earth has experience such a rapid increase in knowledge, wealth, and power. It is true that America is on the decline now and that is the point of the message presen ...[text shortened]... vation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_and_industrial_history_of_the_United_States
    "No other nation on Earth has experience such a rapid increase in knowledge, wealth, and power."

have you ever heard of the industrial revolution rj?

what is this american technological boom you are alluding to? have you some examples?

edit: your links are crap. all they show is that america is responsible for some technology. there is no doubt america is technologically advanced and provides the world with many inventions. but so does japan and britain and france and germany and so on and so on.

giving a handfull of inventions is hardly proof of america being a shining light above all other countries. ive already pointed out that you are only the 4th most developed country in the world, or are you choosing to ignore that fact.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 18:22
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    " I can ...[text shortened]...no interest in his books.
    listen im sure your a nice guy or gal but this comes across as very arrogant or ignorant or both. what gives you the idea that america has the most knowledge, freedom, education, philanthropy, science and research. the only one you had right was wealth (financial).

I am a guy (sometimes nice) and apparently, I have stuck some nerve… I assure you I am neither arrogant nor ignorant nor both. My mistake is in choice of words. When I said I [b]surmise I am only guessing as to what I thought the speaker might have meant, it is not necessarily what I believe. There is no doubt that America has been blessed beyond measure and I will not split hairs over who’s country is better at what, because frankly it does not really matter to me. My country is in decline on so many levels and I don’t like it, it has not always been that way however. I meant no disrespect with my comment (to you or anyone else), my apologies if I have offended.[/b]

on the hdi list (human development index) which measures the quality of life america was 4th last year with only a tiny gap splitting the top 30. how can the dude in you video claim america is so great when its just another highly developed country just like the other 46 countries regarded that way.

This is recent stuff, the US has been in decline for many years now and there are many countries that now surpass the US in many things, and many of the things I had previously listed. I am thinking the speaker is speaking more in the past tense? I don’t know. It does not detract from his message however, IMO.

you may be correct about china but nations evolve over time and can change

No doubt, you are correct!

edit. after watching his video i would have no interest in his books.

That’s cool, his stuff is interesting and thought provoking though.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 19:261 edit
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    listen im sure your a nice guy or gal but this comes across as very arrogant or ignorant or both. what gives you the idea that america has the most knowledge, freedom, education, philanthropy, science and research. the only one you had right was wealth (financial).

[b]I am a guy (sometimes nice) and apparently, I have stuck some nerve… I assur ...[text shortened]... n his books.[/quote]
    [b]That’s cool, his stuff is interesting and thought provoking though.
    [/b]
    my apologies. i took your comments as your own opinion and not an attempt explain the guys opinions. i retract suggesting you were being arrogant, its the crazy dude in the video who is arrogant and ignorant.

what do you find thought provoking about him?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 19:453 edits
    [b]"No other nation on Earth has experience such a rapid increase in knowledge, wealth, and power."

have you ever heard of the industrial revolution rj?

what is this american technological boom you are alluding to? have you some examples?

edit: your links are crap. all they show is that america is responsible for some technology. there is ...[text shortened]... are only the 4th most developed country in the world, or are you choosing to ignore that fact.[/b]
    The speaker was talking about blessing that had been given to American and the possibility of those blessing being taken away just like what happened to Israel. Here are some of the blessings provided by God to America that has benefitted the world.

God give America electric lighting and electric power.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/edison/filmmore/description.html

God gives America the Airplane.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_brothers

God gives America Fighter Planes with rocket weaponry for World War II
    http://www.uasvision.com/2013/01/04/lightning-thunderbolt-test-first-rocket-weapons/

God provides America with the atomic bomb to help end World War II.
    http://inventors.about.com/od/astartinventions/a/atomic_bomb.htm

God provides America with night vision weaponry
    http://www.nvl.army.mil/history.html

God provides America with computer weapons
    http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-05-31/national/35264250_1_cyber-computer-warfare-stuxnet

Does anyone really want these blessing by God to stop?
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 20:59
    The speaker was talking about blessing that had been given to American and the possibility of those blessing being taken away just like what happened to Israel. Here are some of the blessings provided by God to America that has benefitted the world.

[b]God give America electric lighting and electric power.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/edison/filmmor ...[text shortened]... 64250_1_cyber-computer-warfare-stuxnet

Does anyone really want these blessing by God to stop?[/b]
    i hope you have your tongue in your cheek, if not you are a very sick puppy.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 21:03
    ...[text shortened]...what do you find thought provoking about him?
    It's not so much about Jonathan Cahn that is thought provoking, but what he is talking about and the parallels he draws between Ancient Israel and America and judgment. I will explain later as I am still verifying the things for accuracy.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 21:18
    It's not so much about Jonathan Cahn that is thought provoking, but what he is talking about and the parallels he draws between Ancient Israel and America and judgment. I will explain later as I am still verifying the things for accuracy.
    have a read of this.

http://www.thebereancall.org/content/june-2012-extra

looks like i wasnt far off the mark with my dan brown comment.
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 22:07
    have a read of this.

http://www.thebereancall.org/content/june-2012-extra

looks like i wasnt far off the mark with my dan brown comment.
    I saw this article also and I believe that whenever anybody has something to say there will always be critics... I think you would agree with me on that statement? I can't say anything bad about TBC because I don't know that much about them or what they stand fo, but I do know that one of it's founding members has written numerous books on the same subject matter as Jonathan Cahn, and that is Dave Hunt. Suffice it to say, we (I, you) would be selling ourselves short if we searched and found 1 critic to agree with what we may be thinking about anything and running with it. In all fairness, maybe see what others have to say before drawing a conclusion, there are many with quite the opposite view as TBC. The Bible commands that we test every spirit to see if it is from God before we believe it, this is where I am at. I am looking at what he states in his book and checking against history and the Bible, I will get 1 of 2 things, either it is true or it is not. In the least I think we can all agree, we (America) are in trouble as a nation.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 22:30
    i hope you have your tongue in your cheek, if not you are a very sick puppy.
    I bet you did not even look at my references.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 22:46
    I bet you did not even look at my references.
    no, its a waste of time. you dont seem to be able to grasp a simple point.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 09:11
    I saw this article also and I believe that whenever anybody has something to say there will always be critics... I think you would agree with me on that statement? I can't say anything bad about TBC because I don't know that much about them or what they stand fo, but I do know that one of it's founding members has written numerous books on the same subject m ...[text shortened]... r it is not. In the least I think we can all agree, we (America) are in trouble as a nation.
    oh i agree about the site, ive no idea who those guys are so take their opinion with a pinch of salt. it was really the style of the book i was laughing at. he's written a book he's calling non-fiction, yet has written it in a fictional style. very much like dan brown. its also a very convenient way of blurring fact and fiction when things get tenuous. if he was genuine about what he believes it would also be kinda sick that he's trying to turn a biblical message into a money making scheme.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 15:07
    oh i agree about the site, ive no idea who those guys are so take their opinion with a pinch of salt. it was really the style of the book i was laughing at. he's written a book he's calling non-fiction, yet has written it in a fictional style. very much like dan brown. its also a very convenient way of blurring fact and fiction when things get tenuous. ...[text shortened]... ld also be kinda sick that he's trying to turn a biblical message into a money making scheme.
    he's written a book he's calling non-fiction, yet has written it in a fictional style.

The book is defiantly classified as 'Christian Fiction', but is kind of written in a narrative style.

it would also be kinda sick that he's trying to turn a biblical message into a money making scheme

I agree wholeheartedly, but the idea of judgment (which the book is about), comes to a point at the end in which the focus switches from America/Israel judgment to personal/self in light of where one stands with God. The message is similar to what the OP started out as in the video of the breakfast, it is a call to repentance and a return to God.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 16:47
    he's written a book he's calling non-fiction, yet has written it in a fictional style.

[b]The book is defiantly classified as 'Christian Fiction', but is kind of written in a narrative style.

it would also be kinda sick that he's trying to turn a biblical message into a money making scheme

I agree wholeheartedly, ...[text shortened]... d out as in the video of the breakfast, it is a call to repentance and a return to God.[/b]
    He can make a call to repentance and a return to God all he wants, but it is not likely to happen. If for some chance this repentance does occur, it can only last for a sort time, because Biblical prophecy must be fulfilled. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 16:57
    He can make a call to repentance and a return to God all he wants, but it is not likely to happen. If for some chance this repentance does occur, it can only last for a sort time, because Biblical prophecy must be fulfilled. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Why do you not think repentance would not happen and if it did would be for only a short time. Bible prophecy will happen and be fulfilled as written and as intentioned by God. I think the problem becomes when man thinks he has it figured out and acts accordingly. I think we are to live out Matthew 28:19-20, don't you?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 17:22
    Why do you not think repentance would not happen and if it did would be for only a short time. Bible prophecy will happen and be fulfilled as written and as intentioned by God. I think the problem becomes when man thinks he has it figured out and acts accordingly. I think we are to live out Matthew 28:19-20, don't you?
    I am not saying that some people will not repent, but as you should know this is going to require a large scale repentence and I just can not envision such a thing happening; but I do not claim to be a prophet of God either. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree