The Harbinger

The Harbinger

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Interesting but in reality what he is speaking about is really there in the Bible for ...[text shortened]...to his plan, his perfect plan that will work.
What are your thoughts on the content of his talk? Merit?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
All I have to say is wow.

This man is a powerful speaker (I must admit I've never heard of him) and I'm sorely afraid that he might be right in what he has laid out in this video.

It's fairly chilling. A wake-up call, indeed. If what he's saying is on the money, then the next big (and possibly fatal) financial collapse with be in Sept 2015. There may yet be time to prepare. It's also time to get right with God and to pray for America.
Maybe, pray that Obama will get his act together. Or perhaps this is just part of God's plan in leading in to the last days. Praying that God's will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven is probably the wise prayer. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

k

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Maybe, pray that Obama will get his act together. Or perhaps this is just part of God's plan in leading in to the last days. Praying that God's will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven is probably the wise prayer. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
Did you watch the video RJ?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by kd2acz
What are your thoughts on the content of his talk? Merit?
As I commented earlier is he is right on some issues. But it's not just the USA but it is the whole world that has turned it's back on God and now the world is paying the cost of that action.
It's a little funny how when one man comes up with a few thoughts on connecting the USA to Bible events and prophecy it sounds like a new thing. But the Bible in Revelation has pointed to the USA and it's friend from the UK, Britain, the time Revelation was pinned as a duel world power or a two horned beast.

But one needs to be careful in watching out for someone like this gentleman as being one who comes up with promoting some type of prophecies that are not from God himself and from his word the Bible.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Feb 13

Did you watch the video RJ?
I was responding to Suzianne's comment and had not watched the video at that time. I have now watched the first part of the video and then went to sleep. This is a problem I have now in my old age. Maybe I will watch it again latter after I eat something.

k

Moves
04 Feb 13

I was responding to Suzianne's comment and had not watched the video at that time. I have now watched the first part of the video and then went to sleep. This is a problem I have now in my old age. Maybe I will watch it again latter after I eat something.
Ok, I would like to know what your thoughts are once you have watched it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Feb 13
2 edits

Ok, I would like to know what your thoughts are once you have watched it.
I was amazed at how much his viewpoint agrees with my own. I could not imagine that President Obama would approve of such a message. Obama had attended a church in which the minister constantly spoke against American and once said, "God damn American" although Obama has recently said, God Bless America."

As for him speaking this at the Presidential Inaugural prayer Breakfast, I was skeptical and had to do a little google research. It turns out that this message was from Messianic Rabbi Jonathan Cahn and had no approval from the President. I had suspected that he was not a minister from a normal Christian background based on the Jewish tone of the message.

As he said at the begining, the message was not politically correct, especially not for the liberal Democratic Party. I do not expect this message to change the course of action of the President or the liberal Democrats. Their defiance of God will most likely continue. They may say "God bless America" as a show, but act to envoke God to damn America as they continue to defy His will with laws that continue to allow the killing of unborn babies, making evil good, and banning the honor of God in public places, making good evil.

k

Moves
05 Feb 13

I was ...[text shortened]...As for him speaking this at the Presidential Inaugural prayer Breakfast, I was skeptical and had to do a little google research. It turns out that this message was from Messianic Rabbi Jonathan Cahn and had no approval from the President. I had suspected that he was not a ...[text shortened]....
I don't know that much about Jonathan Cahn other than he is a Messianic Jew (or as some would say a completed Jew), but his message is universal and in line with the scriptures as it pertains to God. The breakfast from what I understand is not 'official' in the sense that it is something put together by the government, it was formed by Christians wanting to pray for the president and government on inaugural day.

And good thing it does not require 'approval' from the president, where would we be then?

Moves
05 Feb 13

I came across this video of the Presidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast 2013 with Jonathan Cahn. I am particularly interested in what Christians of this forum think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2H9fniQTY
he says at the beginning that america is the most blessed land and a beacon for the oppressed. who's to says its the most blessed land? and a beacon for the oppressed? there are plenty of other countries that could hold claim to those titles, it just depends when in history you are looking.

he also uses the point that america is the wealthiest nation as an example that its blessed. again it depends when in time you look. great britain was the wealthiest for a long time, egypt, italy, greece, persia and so on. there will be other countries like china and india that may become the wealthiest later. who's to say that america and 9/11 are being referred to in the scripture. maybe its based on another country and events in the future?

the guys just another dan brown trying to flog his book.

k

Moves
05 Feb 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
he says at the beginning that america is the most blessed land and a beacon for the oppressed. who's to says its the most blessed land? and a beacon for the oppressed? there are plenty of other countries that could hold claim to those titles, it just depends when in history you are looking.

he also uses the point that america is the wealthiest nation ...[text shortened]... country and events in the future?

the guys just another dan brown trying to flog his book.
Well I don't pretend to know exactly what he is talking about when he says most blessed, I can only surmise he is speaking of blessed in terms of wealth, knowledge, freedom, education, philanthropy, science, research, etc. than any other nation previous on earth. While your point about the other countries is well taken and not invalid, I think the US has passed all others with respect to what I mentioned above, perhaps there are others that I did not list... this is up unto now.

While it is true that other countries are likely to become wealthier than the US in the future, like China and India as you mentioned, it is unlikely that they will be 'blessed' in the same way with regards to the US because of the oppression of their peoples, restriction of religious beliefs, and outright lack of freedoms (my thoughts only), unless this changes of course.

Have you read his book? It is an interesting read.

Here comes the hot button topic...

Personally, I think the blessing that the US has enjoyed for so many years has a lot to do with how we recognize Israel as a nation.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
05 Feb 13

I came across this video of the Presidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast 2013 with Jonathan Cahn. I am particularly interested in what Christians of this forum think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2H9fniQTY
Very powerful points.

Moves
05 Feb 13

Well I don't pretend to know exactly what he is talking about when he says most blessed, I can only surmise he is speaking of blessed in terms of wealth, knowledge, freedom, education, philanthropy, science, research, etc. than any other nation previous on earth. While your point about the other countries is well taken and not invalid, I think the US has pas ...[text shortened]... he US has enjoyed for so many years has a lot to do with how we recognize Israel as a nation.
Personally, I think the blessing that the US has enjoyed for so many years has a lot to do with how we recognize Israel as a nation. <---- kd2acz

I agree with your statement.

I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Genesis 12:3 NKJV)

Moves
05 Feb 13
1 edit

Well I don't pretend to know exactly what he is talking about when he says most blessed, I can only surmise he is speaking of blessed in terms of wealth, knowledge, freedom, education, philanthropy, science, research, etc. than any other nation previous on earth. While your point about the other countries is well taken and not invalid, I think the US has pas he US has enjoyed for so many years has a lot to do with how we recognize Israel as a nation.
" I can only surmise he is speaking of blessed in terms of wealth, knowledge, freedom, education, philanthropy, science, research, etc. than any other nation previous on earth"

listen im sure your a nice guy or gal but this comes across as very arrogant or ignorant or both. what gives you the idea that america has the most knowledge, freedom, education, philanthropy, science and research. the only one you had right was wealth (financial).

on the hdi list (human development index) which measures the quality of life america was 4th last year with only a tiny gap splitting the top 30. how can the dude in you video claim america is so great when its just another highly developed country just like the other 46 countries regarded that way.

like China and India as you mentioned, it is unlikely that they will be 'blessed' in the same way with regards to the US because of the oppression of their peoples, restriction of religious beliefs, and outright lack of freedoms

you may be correct about china but nations evolve over time and can change. india is actually not an oppressive country and doesnt have strict religious beliefs. they are pumping a fortune into education for the masses.

edit. after watching his video i would have no interest in his books.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Feb 13

I don't know that much about Jonathan Cahn other than he is a Messianic Jew (or as some would say a completed Jew), but his message is universal and in line with the scriptures as it pertains to God. The breakfast from what I understand is not 'official' in the sense that it is something put together by the government, it was formed by Christians wanting to ...[text shortened]...
And good thing it does not require 'approval' from the president, where would we be then?
I quess we would be in a dictatorship. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
[b]" I can only surmise he is speaking of blessed in terms of wealth, knowledge, freedom, education, philanthropy, science, research, etc. than any other nation previous on earth"

listen im sure your a nice guy or gal but this comes across as very arrogant or ignorant or both. what gives you the idea that america has the most knowledge, freedom, for the masses.

edit. after watching his video i would have no interest in his books.[/b]
The viewpoint you express shows you ignorance of the history of American technological development since the founding fathers declared the USA a free and independent nation. No other nation on Earth has experience such a rapid increase in knowledge, wealth, and power. It is true that America is on the decline now and that is the point of the message presented by the speaker at that inaugural prayer breakfast.

http://thebreakthrough.org/archive/american_innovation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_and_industrial_history_of_the_United_States