1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 16:07
    1 Corinthians 4

Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

Now for what Jesus said....

Matthew 7

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Luke 6

“No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44 Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. 45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

Matthew 15

But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 17:30
    Originally posted by @eladar
    1 Corinthians 4

Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the ...[text shortened]... adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person
    Works vs faith? Understand what I quoted and you will understand the error on both sides.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 18:36
    Works vs faith? Understand what I quoted and you will understand the error on both sides.
    Lots of this in the book of James. Many Bible scholars are still debating this issue.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '18 19:27
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Lots of this in the book of James. Many Bible scholars are still debating this issue.
    Lots of children of Satan pretending to be Christians. The statements ate clear. There is no confusion.

God judges us by our hearts. Jesus tells us that if God is in our hearts then actions will result. Jesus also tells us what actions result if God is not in our hearts.

God's wisdom comes from God not man's scholarship.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 00:15
    The heart of the matter is the matter of the heart.

Romans 10:9,10
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Luke 6:45
    A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Proverbs 4:23
    Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 00:43
    Originally posted by @secondson
    The heart of the matter is the matter of the heart.

Romans 10:9,10
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Luke 6:45
    A good man o ...[text shortened]... keth.

Proverbs 4:23
    Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
    You judge what is in your heart by your actions.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 11:06
    You judge what is in your heart by your actions.
    You prove what is in your heart by your actions.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 13:47
    No, people can be white washed tombs. God judges hearts not actions. What is the reason for what you do? God knows even if you keep your public perception perfect.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 13:49
    No, people can be white washed tombs. God judges hearts not actions. What is the reason for what you do? God knows even if you keep your public perception perfect.
    You don't believe actions are governed by the heart?!
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 13:59
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You don't believe actions are governed by the heart?!
    Of course actions are governed by the heart. We just do not have the ability to see a person's actions all of the time.

There are also the self righteous duped who believe what they do is good even though it is evil.

In the end God will judge us by his standard not ours. As long as the sin is obvious we can know such people do not know God. But within the righteous there are also the white washed tombs.

People who do not understand this concept are either still on milk and spiritual babies or are children of Satan.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 14:07
    Of course actions are governed by the heart. We just do not have the ability to see a person's actions all of the time.

There are also the self righteous duped who believe what they do is good even though it is evil.

In the end God will judge us by his standard not ours. As long as the sin is obvious we can know such people do not know God. But within ...[text shortened]... understand this concept are either still on milk and spiritual babies or are children of Satan.
    Burn them, burn them all!
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 16:42
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Burn them, burn them all!
    According o Jesus, those who are of Satan will be gathered and burned.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 16:46
    According o Jesus, those who are of Satan will be gathered and burned.
    Jesus said that?
    Where?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 18:32
    Spot on. That’s why John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 say to believe in Jesus in one’s heart. The heart determines thoughts and thoughts determine actions. It’s amazing how many atheist don’t get this.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 18:35
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Jesus said that?
    Where?
    I believe he was referring to the Parable of the Wheat and Tares.

“Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.”

(Matthew 13:24-30)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree