1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 01:531 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You did not answer the question.

I pick homosexuality because it is an obvious break between those who may be saved and those pretenders who obviously are not.

Answer the question. Are they saved or not?
    I pick homosexuality because it is an obvious break between those who may be saved and those pretenders who obviously are not.

Only to those with a homophobic interpretation of the Bible like yours.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 01:54
    They believe there is nothing sinful about their homosexual relationship.

They believe like ToO.
    I think the Bible is pretty clear that homosexuality is a sin.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 01:56
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]I pick homosexuality because it is an obvious break between those who may be saved and those pretenders who obviously are not.

Only to those with a homophobic interpretation of the Bible like yours.[/b]
    Do you really think the Bible condones or is silent on the subject of homosexuality?

I guess the verses condemning homosexuality are metaphors, right ToO?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 02:03
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Do you really think the Bible condones or is silent on the subject of homosexuality?

I guess the verses condemning homosexuality are metaphors, right ToO?
    Can you answer the question now? If they believe as ToO and live in loving matrimony until they die, will they be saved after taking Jesus as Lord?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 02:29
    The problem with condemning homosexuality purely on the basis that it's condemned in the Bible is that there are many other things that are condemned in the Bible that they don't similarly condemn, e.g., the wearing of garments made of more than one type of fiber, the eating of shellfish, etc. So clearly they don't actually believe that everything in the Bible that is condemned should be condemned. Yet they condemn homosexuality purely on that basis. They pick and choose to support their prejudice whether they want to admit it or not.

For that matter, in general they pick and choose what teachings to believe and not to believe. As an example I cited the belief that "women should be silent in the church." This comes from Paul. Paul said a number of things about women that, from what I can tell, the vast majority of Christians do not believe are true. They typically dismiss Paul's beliefs about women as being a product of the prejudices of his time and culture. But aren't Paul's beliefs about homosexuality also a product of the prejudices of his time and culture? Once again they pick and choose to support their prejudices whether they want to admit it or not.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 02:33
    Bookmark that post, somebody, so he doesn't have to say it over and over again. And, something else, a reasoned reply to it that includes the words "Child of Satan", is not a reasoned reply.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 02:36
    ToO is just proving my point that there are self professed christians around here who embrace sins like homosexuality.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 02:51
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Bookmark that post, somebody, so he doesn't have to say it over and over again. And, something else, a reasoned reply to it that includes the words "Child of Satan", is not a reasoned reply.
    I'd be surprised if there are any Christians on this forum capable of engaging in a reasoned debate on this topic.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 03:33
    I'd be surprised if there are any Christians on this forum capable of engaging in a reasoned debate on this topic.
    From your Satanic perspective I am sure this is true.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 04:08
    The problem with condemning homosexuality purely on the basis that it's condemned in the Bible is that there are many other things that are condemned in the Bible that they don't similarly condemn, e.g., the wearing of garments made of more than one type of fiber, the eating of shellfish, etc. So clearly they don't actually believe that everything in the ...[text shortened]... nce again they pick and choose to support their prejudices whether they want to admit it or not.
    I’m pretty sure homosexuality was condemned in both the Old Testament and New Testament, unlike your garments and shellfish examples which appeared only in the Old Testament (pre-Christianity) and applied only to the Jews.

Paul’s comments regarding women being silent in church need to be put into context. Here’s an article that does that:

https://www.gotquestions.org/women-silent-church.html
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 04:14
    I’m pretty sure homosexuality was condemned in both the Old Testament and New Testament, unlike your garments and shellfish examples which appeared only in the Old Testament (pre-Christianity) and applied only to the Jews.

Paul’s comments regarding women being silent in church need to be put into context. Here’s an article that does that:

https://www.gotquestions.org/women-silent-church.html
    You still haven't answered my question. Saved? Yes or No?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 04:22
    You still haven't answered my question. Saved? Yes or No?
    I answered it. If you don’t like the answer, that’s too bad. I’m not going to give a “Yes” or “No” answer to a question that piles hypotheticals on top of each other. I don’t know the hearts of the people you’re referring to.

I’ve already said the Bible clearly identifies homosexuality as a sin and Paul specifically says (forget which book) that those who practice it won’t inherit the Kingdom of God. I believe anyone who willfully sins (sins without remorse or repentance) after accepting Christ is not genuinely saved.

Conclude from all that what you will.

I posed a question to you concerning adultery which you ignored.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 04:25
    I answered it. If you don’t like the answer, that’s too bad. I’m not going to give a “Yes” or “No” answer to a question that piles hypotheticals on top of each other. I don’t know the hearts of the people you’re referring to.

I’ve already said the Bible clearly identifies homosexuality as a sin and Paul specifically says (forget which book) that those ...[text shortened]... from all that what you will.

Here’s the question about adultery you ignored in your weird obsession with homosexuality:

“Let’s say you asked about a man who was carrying on an adulterous affair and who was in love with his mistress. Would you consider him saved if he did not immediately break off his adulterous affair?”

Saved or not? Yes or No?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 04:28
    See Roman you mean nothing. Your words mean nothing because you can't be specific. You can't give a simple direct answer to a simple question.

Feel good about saying nothing.
    And feel good about your obsession with homosexuality. Just leave me out of it. I’m straight.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 04:28

I’ve already said the Bible clearly identifies homosexuality as a sin and Paul specifically says (forget which book) that those ...[text shortened]... from all that what you will.

No piles of hypotheticals. Unrepentant men who believe they take Jesus as Lord.

Saved or no?

As I said earlier, you stand for nothing. You are wishy washy nonsense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree