1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 21:55
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Therein lies the conundrum. The bible tells us our salvation is assured once we are born again. Then what of the value of faith if grace is permanent? Our faith is in the promises of God. Yes we are assured, but we have faith that the assurance is true and reliable.
    There are those who are deceived. They believe they are born again but are not.

This is why Paul says he is confident but he does not know. He says judge nothing because only God makes the call.

OSAS is rooted in self proclaimed salvation.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 21:57
    Originally posted by @eladar

This is why Paul says he is confident but he does not know. He says judge nothing because only God makes the call.

OSAS is rooted in rational, deductive reasoning and the supporting verses in Scripture.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 22:14
    OSAS is rooted in rational, deductive reasoning and the supporting verses in Scripture.
    Who decides you are saved?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 22:17
    Therein lies the conundrum. The bible tells us our salvation is assured once we are born again. Then what of the value of faith if grace is permanent? Our faith is in the promises of God. Yes we are assured, but we have faith that the assurance is true and reliable.
    There is no conundrum. Judas Iscariot, Ananias and Sapphira were born again. There is no guarantee of eternal life unless the Christians lives an acceptable life before God and is found worthy of eternal life.

Paul addresses born again Christian Saints here and warns them :

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. (Ephesians 5:2-5 KJV)

There is no inheritance in the Kingdom of God unless they live righteously.

Christian churches are fooling the people.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 00:38
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    There is no conundrum. Judas Iscariot, Ananias and Sapphira were born again. There is no guarantee of eternal life unless the Christians lives an acceptable life before God and is found worthy of eternal life.

Paul addresses born again Christian Saints here and warns them :

[i]And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for ...[text shortened]... e Kingdom of God unless they live righteously.

Christian churches are fooling the people.[/b]
    <<Judas Iscariot, Ananias and Sapphira were born again.>>

Where is your Biblical support for Judas Iscariot being born again? God’s Holy Spirit did not indwell believers until after Jesus’ crucifixion and Resurrection. Judas Iscariot killed himself before that took place.

As for Ananias and Sapphira, this has been refuted before. Yes, they were struck dead by God but there is nothing in the Bible to indicate they lost their salvation. If you know otherwise, please share.

<<There is no guarantee of eternal life unless the Christians lives an acceptable life before God and is found worthy of eternal life.>>

This is an absolute lie from the pits of hell. I’m not at all surprised a Christ denier is saying it.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 00:39

Romans 8:16 says otherwise.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 00:42
    Who decides you are saved?
    Individuals choose to accept or reject Christ. Therefore, if an individual fulfills John 3:16 and/or Romans 10:9, he or she is saved.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 00:58
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Romans 8:16 says otherwise.
    So lets say two men say they accept Jesus as Lord and trusts in Jesus for salvation. Same two guys get married and live in loving monogamous sexual relationship with each other.

If they believe they are saved, are they saved?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 01:12
    So lets say two men say they accept Jesus as Lord and trusts in Jesus for salvation. Same two guys get married and live in loving monogamous sexual relationship with each other.

If they believe they are saved, are they saved?
    You’re really obsessed with homosexuality, aren’t you.

They’re saved if they followed John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 and God’s Holy Spirit indwelt them.

That said, I don’t believe anyone who willfully sins (without repentance or remorse) or lives a life of sin is saved because God’s Holy Spirit indwells believers andvwould convict them of their sinning and begin to change them from the inside out.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 01:16
    You’re really obsessed with homosexuality, aren’t you.

They’re saved if they followed John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 and God’s Holy Spirit indwelt them.

That said, I don’t believe anyone who willfully sins (without repentance or remorse) or lives a life of sin is saved because God’s Holy Spirit indwells believers andvwould convict them of their sinning and begin to change them from the inside out.
    You did not answer the question.

I pick homosexuality because it is an obvious break between those who may be saved and those pretenders who obviously are not.

Answer the question. Are they saved or not?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 01:20
    You did not answer the question.

I pick homosexuality because it is an obvious break between those who may be saved and those pretenders who obviously are not.

Answer the question. Are they saved or not?
    I answered the question. Maybe not the way you wanted but I answered it.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 01:25
    It was a yes or no question.

What was your answer? Yes or No?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 01:461 edit
    It was a yes or no question.

What was your answer? Yes or No?
    You didn’t provide enough information. Are the people in question remorseful of their sins? Do they pray for forgiveness of their sins? Do they seek the Lord’s strength to overcome their sinning? What is the condition of their hearts? Do they want to change and live a life that is pleasing to God or do they not care what God thinks? Do they place their desires and interests ahead of God?

Let’s say you asked about a man who was carrying on an adulterous affair and who was in love with his mistress. Would you consider him saved if he did not immediately break off his adulterous affair?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 01:47
    See Roman you mean nothing. Your words mean nothing because you can't be specific. You can't give a simple direct answer to a simple question.

Feel good about saying nothing.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 01:481 edit
    You didn’t provide enough information. Are the people in question remorseful of their sins? Do they pray for forgiveness of their sins? Do they seek the Lord’s strength to overcome their sinning? What is the condition of their hearts? Do they want to change and live a life that is pleasing to God or do they not care what God thinks? Do they place their d ...[text shortened]... istress. Would you consider him saved if he did not immediately break off his adulterous affair?
    They believe there is nothing sinful about their homosexual relationship.

They believe like ToO.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree