1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 16:02
    Speaking of the spiritual, does anyone here have a way to make the idea of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit intelligible, such as the role of the Holy Spirit and the 3 in 1 concept, or is it to be taken as an impenetrable mystery? Three-leaf cloverish analogies don't help, IMHO.

I don't particularly care to discuss whether it/they are believed to exist.
  2. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 16:54
    I like the concept that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. Keeps things more human-tangible.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 17:042 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    Speaking of the spiritual, does anyone here have a way to make the idea of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit intelligible, such as the role of the Holy Spirit and the 3 in 1 concept, or is it to be taken as an impenetrable mystery? Three-leaf cloverish analogies don't help, IMHO.

Water: frozen, liquid or gaseous state.
    God: Father, Jesus or Holy Spirit.

That is, states of being rather than separate beings. I don't know which one had gas, though.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 17:281 edit

The "Holy Spirit" is not a third being of the trinity godhead. If your interested please read this info as it explains very well what the Holy Spirit is. Not who it is....

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20091001/article_02.htm

Also arrow over to the next page at the bottom of this first page.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 17:31

You've opened a can of worms..............................cue the inevitable JW vs Christian catfight over the trinity.
  6. St. Peter's
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 18:10
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Water: frozen, liquid or gaseous state.
    God: Father, Jesus or Holy Spirit.

That is, states of being rather than separate beings. I don't know which one had gas, though.
    the holy spirt of course.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 18:24

If you don't care then why ask ?

Go rot in your sins and don't worry about it.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 18:35
    Originally posted by jaywill
    If you don't care then why ask ?

Go rot in your sins and don't worry about it.
    where's da love!
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 18:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    where's da love!
    There is still love.

Sometimes the spirit of John the Baptist is appropriate.

"Offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee the coming wrath ?" (Luke 3:7)
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 19:092 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    There is still love.

Sometimes the spirit of John the Baptist is appropriate.

[b] "Offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee the coming wrath ?" (Luke 3:7)
    [/b]
    you mean righteous indignation, well that's fine, however Jay, you have some deep
    knowledge of this very subject from your perspective. I would like to thank you for
    posting those videos on the Bible and cosmology and creation science, they were
    particularly excellent! 🙂

As for JS357, i think he was just saying that he didn't want sidetracked by the usual,
    exist not exist arguments which are quite futile and produce nothingness.
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 19:11
    you mean righteous indignation, well that's fine, however Jay, you have some deep
    knowledge of this very subject from your perspective. I would like to thank you for
    posting those videos on the Bible and cosmology and creation science, they were
    particularly excellent! 🙂
    creation "science"??? 😕
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 19:151 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    creation [b]"science"??? 😕[/b]
    yes that right, you heard it agers my son, creation science, in fact one of the very first
    statements that the author makes is that creationism in the past had failed, because it
    presented claims that were unscientific, so he sought to redress that balance by
    keeping his arguments well within the realms of presently accepted 'science'.

Now you can take the puzzled look from your face, and replace it with a smiley one!
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 20:06

Body, soul, spirit.

We are made in his image.
  14. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 20:12
    [b]yes that right, you heard it agers my son, creation science, in fact one of the very first
    statements that the author makes is that creationism in the past had failed, because it
    presented claims that were unscientific, so he sought to redress that balance by
    keeping his arguments well within the realms of presently accepted 'science'.
    Here is a novel idea: Since your god is omnipresent why doesn't one of these religious folks just ask god? Apparently no one has even asked this god or has your god just refused to answer? Or is it that your god hasn't spoken to anyone on this planet in almost 2 millenia ?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 20:341 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Here is a novel idea: Since your god is omnipresent why doesn't one of these religious folks just ask god? Apparently no one has even asked this god or has your god just refused to answer? Or is it that your god hasn't spoken to anyone on this planet in almost 2 millenia ?
    I dont profess believe in an omnipresent God, infact, why would he send out his Angels
    if he was omnipresent, it doesn't make any sense, therefore my dear Caissad4, as a
    southern gentlemen, i must ask you politely, to adopt another strategy
    He has left us a communication, the most widely distributed, widely translated book in
    the entire history of humanity, and here we are playing the flute and you refusing to
    dance!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree