1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 09:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes, big bang is not a very apt description, for as yet, i have yet to observe harmony
    from an explosion. The bible itself does not give details, all it states is that God is
    abundant in dynamic energy, and as we know, the universe and the matter in it is pure
    energy. Is it not the case?
    Explosions create patterns.
    http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nuke.jpg
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 11:32
    yes, big bang is not a very apt description, for as yet, i have yet to observe harmony
    from an explosion.
    The big bang refers to the rapid expansion of space itself. As such, it is not the same as a typical explosion in space, which is rapid expansion (or rather 'outward movement from a central area'😉 of matter or energy through space.
    However, if you haven't observed harmony from an explosion, you haven't listened to the sound of a racing car. There was an episode of Top Gear where they made the theme song using only the sounds of engines.
  3. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 11:51
    Originally posted by JS357
    Simple and pretty satisfying. So if for example, thinkers in Biblical times theorized a one-substance ontology for non-living matter, two for non-human life (animated matter), and three for humans (animated matter with a transcendent aspect) your answer would fit. If they thought we are in God's image, then we would be similar to God in this respect. The conc ...[text shortened]... uld be body, soul, spirit, or it could be body, mind, soul, depending how people use the terms.
    The Holy Trinity in Hinduism is Brahma the Creator,Vishnu the Preserver,Shiva the Destroyer.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 15:44
    I was taught that if I think I understand the Trinity, that means I don't.
    JS357,

If I came down too hard on you I ask for your forgiveness. I tried to erase the retort but it was too late.

So I am sorry I told you to go rot in your sins. I retract that and ask you to forgive the retort.

"The Spirit of Christ" by Andrew Murray is a very good book if you want to get beyond Internet "chat level" to some in depth appreciation for the topic of the Holy Spirit.

Books by Andrew Murray:

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?Ntk=author&Ntt=Andrew+Murray&kw=andrew%20murray&event=PPCSRC&p=1018818&cm_mmc=Google-_-Authors-_-authors-_-andrew%20murray&gclid=CNXDyNKol6gCFYNo5QodXmsNlg

And of course, there is always the realization that our understanding is superfiscial.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 15:59
    Originally posted by jaywill
    JS357,

If I came down too hard on you I ask for your forgiveness. I tried to erase the retort but it was too late.

So I am sorry I told you to go rot in your sins. I retract that and ask you to forgive the retort.

[b] "The Spirit of Christ"
    by Andrew Murray is a very good book if you want to get beyond Internet "chat level" ...[text shortened]... g

And of course, there is always the realization that our understanding is superfiscial.[/b]
    No offense taken. Everybody has their moments.

That book appears to be available on line at http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/murray/7764/7764c.htm

if I am looking at the right book.

Thanks.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 16:48
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Explosions create patterns.
    http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nuke.jpg
    wow, that is an incredible image. I really dont know anything about the subject to be
    honest, but it is interesting never the less.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 16:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The big bang refers to the rapid expansion of space itself. As such, it is not the same as a typical explosion in space, which is rapid expansion (or rather 'outward movement from a central area'😉 of matter or energy through space.
    However, if you haven't observed harmony from an explosion, you haven't listened to the sound of a racing car. There was an episode of Top Gear where they made the theme song using only the sounds of engines.
    i thought i wasn't allowed to correspond with you, but i see you have issued a writ and I
    am no longer excommunicated, actually i loath top gear, its the most utterly boring
    program on tv, just some old guys slavering over cars, I cannot watch it even for a
    moment.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '11 16:52
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    The Holy Trinity in Hinduism is Brahma the Creator,Vishnu the Preserver,Shiva the Destroyer.
    yes i heard that this is where the Greeks got the idea originally.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '11 03:08
    No offense taken. Everybody has their moments.

That book appears to be available on line at http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/murray/7764/7764c.htm

if I am looking at the right book.

Thanks.
    I like this link thanks.
    Kelly
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 Apr '11 03:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The BIg Bang implies an explosion, which does not seem to
    harmonize with the Holy Bible to me. God spoke things into
    existence. This implies the use of sound waves but not an
    explosion, which destroyes things.
    It was actually less like an explosion and more like the expansion of everything!! Time and space and matter 🙂

Manny
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 Apr '11 03:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yes LOL

Manny
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '11 04:31
    Originally posted by menace71
    It was actually less like an explosion and more like the expansion of everything!! Time and space and matter 🙂

Manny
    You say that like you know.
    Kelly
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 Apr '11 05:051 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You say that like you know.
    Kelly
    It's the best model of what is seen and known. It does not militate against Creation or the bible. I'm no expert but I've done enough research and reading to believe the BB is the best model. There are issues with it as with any model but it best fits what we know about the universe so far. Do you have a better model? Sure you can say God did it and that is it but there is no sin in trying to understand the hows. Oh and it was the expansion of everything in the universe Time / Space / Matter ect

Manny
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Apr '11 02:53
    yes i heard that this is where the Greeks got the idea originally.
    The "law of threes" is a universal idea. It has been passed from culture to cultre many times I suspect.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Apr '11 04:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The "law of threes" is a universal idea. It has been passed from culture to cultre many times I suspect.
    Also RC it's possible just because an idea seems pagan does not mean there is not truth in an idea. Maybe these so called pagan trinities were just imitations of the actually true reality of God. I heard the story of the Gospel is in the stars.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree