The influence of science on society

The influence of science on society

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by Starrman
Yes
OK. Firstly I would like to know where you think we humans got our intelligence from?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
OK. I'll not push the intelligence part because you'll continue to disagree with me. Fine. I'll approach it differently... Do you agree that you needed intelligence to design your post?
you need an entirely new gauge group too. so get cracking on the properties of the 15 new gauge bosons you're gonna need.
Time's a wasting cause once you got this all worked out you
you still will need to instantiate your new manifold in your equally new 5-space

And this is just for starters

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
you need an entirely new gauge group too. so get cracking on the properties of the 15 new gauge bosons you're gonna need.
Time's a wasting cause once you got this all worked out you
you still will need to instantiate your new manifold in your equally new 5-space

And this is just for starters
Would you mind expressing yourself in English so that I can understand what you are trying to say?

S

Moves
16 Mar 05

OK. Firstly I would like to know where you think we humans got our intelligence from?
I believe this has already been dealt with here, but I shall go over it again. Intelligence is an adaptive quality which has evolved into existence over millions of years.

Moves
16 Mar 05

I believe this has already been dealt with here, but I shall go over it again. Intelligence is an adaptive quality which has evolved into existence over millions of years.
From what did intelligence evolve? Do you believe that the initial chemical soup produced intelligence?

j
Top Gun

Angels 20

Moves
16 Mar 05

From what did intelligence evolve? Do you believe that the initial chemical soup produced intelligence?
Starrman, did you ever get the feeling that it would be more productive to go and bang your head repeatedly against the nearest available wall?

S

Moves
16 Mar 05

Not directly in one go, as you seem to be suggesting, but intelligence itself has evolved. I think that it is basically a combination of sensory processes, which has become more and more complex over time. There are minute changes in evolution, it is not a direct step from one stage to another just like that.

S

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by jimmyb270
Starrman, did you ever get the feeling that it would be more productive to go and bang your head repeatedly against the nearest available wall?
No, that would be a waste of my intelligence 🙂

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by jimmyb270
Er...no, I don't think that's what I'm saying at all. For one thing, please refer to the post I wrote that's at the end of page 4. The primordial soup didn't create intelligence, it created a very, very basic form of life, that eventually evolved, through a process of natural selection, into me.

If you really thnk that Starrman's post has it's own intelligence, try asking [b]it
to explain my point.[/b]
The primordial soup didn't create intelligence, it created a very, very basic form of life...

What is the most basic form of life? A cell right?

A
Lazy Sod

Everywhere

Moves
16 Mar 05

[b]The primordial soup didn't create intelligence, it created a very, very basic form of life...

What is the most basic form of life? A cell right?[/b]
Wrong, a virus is smaller, but is still life (it can grow, reproduce etc).

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
16 Mar 05

Would you mind expressing yourself in English so that I can understand what you are trying to say?
I'm just trying to find out why you post about science stuff you know nothing about.

You say a Being that is outside of any timeframe .. created the universe and every thing in it including time.
So Im asking what excahnge particles would be for the forces he used to do so. as well as the shape of the larger universe that includes Him
pretty reasonable request, dontcha think?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by Alcra
Wrong, a virus is smaller, but is still life (it can grow, reproduce etc).
there's an argument that DNA itself is life ,,isn't there?

Moves
16 Mar 05

Not directly in one go, as you seem to be suggesting, but intelligence itself has evolved. I think that it is basically a combination of sensory processes, which has become more and more complex over time. There are minute changes in evolution, it is not a direct step from one stage to another just like that.
I think that it is basically a combination of sensory processes, which has become more and more complex over time.

So you agree that intelligence originated from the simplest form of life?

S

Moves
16 Mar 05

[b]I think that it is basically a combination of sensory processes, which has become more and more complex over time.

So you agree that intelligence originated from the simplest form of life? [/b]
I believe all modern life, its abilities, instincts etc. Are a result of evolution. However, at what point intelligence as we know it was selected for and became an evolutionary adaptation i cannot say. Do you have a point you plan on getting to sometime soon?

Moves
16 Mar 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
there's an argument that DNA itself is life ,,isn't there?
Where do you find DNA without a cell?

For DNA to replicate, very sophisticated proteins are needed, right?

For the proteins to be formed the cell is needed.

So which came first, the chicken or the egg?