1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 17:04
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Well here is a personal statement. I stick around here for two reasons. First to play chess. I have between 50 and 100 games running at any one time, which is usually far more than most who post on the forums. Second I like to chat about the Bible and discuss mostly doctrine and the teachings of Christ. Hence I stay away from discussions with atheists and si ...[text shortened]... not make you any more virtuous. Virtue comes from doing the will of God. Not from just talking.
    I can appreciate that Rajk, but don't judge me because my style of approach disagrees with yours.

I'm as guilty as the next guy of doing that very thing. No one is immune to the effects of sin whether they be saved or not. No one is suddenly perfect just because they believe in Jesus.

But all believers-"...press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Let's not make a spectical of Christ while doing so by thinking we as individuals has a corner on the market of holiness!

In my opinion, that's way too many games at once. For me that would be a total distraction. But maybe not for you though. 😉
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 17:11
    That sounds like an insult that people would say to Robbie.
    ie people who like drama.
    I hope you did not mean it like that, because I dont care for drama 🙂
    Matthew McConaughey played the role of a lifetime in a recent 10 parter called "True Detective". If you loved drama, you'd love it. One of the best series in years. He spends a lot of the screen time sat at one end of a table explaining how it went down to a couple of nonentity cops, while drinking cans of beer and sculpting the empties with a knife. [SPOILER ALERT] All Banged up and in a wheelchair, and reflecting on a horrendous case solved, he talks about looking up at the stars in the night sky in Alaska when he was a kid. His partner looks up at the Louisiana night sky where they are and says, “I know we ain't in Alaska, but it appears to me the dark has a lot more territory.” The Rajk999 character replies: “You know, you're looking at it wrong, that sky thing. Once there was only dark. If you ask me, the light's winning.”
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 16:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Matthew McConaughey played the role of a lifetime in a recent 10 parter called "True Detective". If you loved drama, you'd love it. One of the best series in years. He spends a lot of the screen time sat at one end of a table explaining how it went down to a couple of nonentity cops, while drinking cans of beer and sculpting the empties with a knife. [SPOILER AL ...[text shortened]... king at it wrong, that sky thing. Once there was only dark. If you ask me, the light's winning.”
    Ok sounds interesting. I will look out for that series in my area. We are kinda backward in these parts 🙂
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 16:111 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I can appreciate that Rajk, but don't judge me because my style of approach disagrees with yours.

I'm as guilty as the next guy of doing that very thing. No one is immune to the effects of sin whether they be saved or not. No one is suddenly perfect just because they believe in Jesus.

But all believers-"...press toward the mark for the prize of the hig ...[text shortened]... o many games at once. For me that would be a total distraction. But maybe not for you though. 😉
    We are not talking about style here really. It should be important for any Christian to get the doctrine of Christ correct. Whether or not individuals sin is not the issue. What is the issue is the effect of sin and the consequences.

So how exactly did you conclude that I think I have cornered the marked for holiness [Im assuming that is what you meant]. Is it that repeating the teachings of Christ and the apostles makes someone righteous? How so? Please explain that. I notice virtually everyone does that ie think that Im talking about myself .. which I have not done.

If you repeat that Christ said to 'love God', does that mean that you actually love God yourself. It seems that some people cannot distinguish between a general statement of fact straight out of the Bible vs a personal statement boasting about ones alleged righteousness. I have never engaged in the latter. If you think I have please let me know what I said to make you think so. Maybe I can reword what I write.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 18:28
    We are not talking about style here really. It should be important for any Christian to get the doctrine of Christ correct. Whether or not individuals sin is not the issue. What is the issue is the effect of sin and the consequences.

So how exactly did you conclude that I think I have cornered the marked for holiness [Im assuming that is what you meant]. ...[text shortened]... ink I have please let me know what I said to make you think so. Maybe I can reword what I write.
    Saying things without it sounding like an accusation seems to be a problem in this forum for many, including myself. I try to be objective. I don't really want to offend, but sometimes I get carried away with the conflict and say things I'm sorry for later.

Try this on for size Rajk. I have no personal righteousness. Nothing I can do can make me righteous. I believe that is a Biblical doctrinal fact.

Do you agree?
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 18:40
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'm asking serious questions, nothing sarcastic about this at all. I know
    what I believe, I'm asking what he believes since I guess we do not agree
    according to him.
    Kelly
    The bottom line, 'love God and love your neighbor' , then let God figure out the rest
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 23:31
    Originally posted by josephw
    Saying things without it sounding like an accusation seems to be a problem in this forum for many, including myself. I try to be objective. I don't really want to offend, but sometimes I get carried away with the conflict and say things I'm sorry for later.

Try this on for size Rajk. I have no personal righteousness. Nothing I can do can make me righteous. I believe that is a Biblical doctrinal fact.

Do you agree?
    Well we have different agendas clearly. Im interested in finding out how repeating the words of Christ and the Apostles can sound like an accusation. In addition I cannot place the desire 'not to offend' above the truth as told by Christ. To me I might as well not say anything and just go along with popular beliefs.

Well you got me there with 'personal righteousness'. I never heard that expression. I know the Bible speaks volumes about righteousness. Everything comes from God including righteousness. What exactly is personal righteousness .. I can hear you asking .. the answer is no, I dont belong to an religious organisation.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 00:25
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    The bottom line, 'love God and love your neighbor' , then let God figure out the rest
    Yep, you do those two, you will do well.
    Kelly
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 00:503 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yep, you do those two, you will do well.
    Kelly
    then let God figure out the rest???

Its this type of sentimental namby pamby wishy washy luvy duvy tambourine playing happy clappy rolling around on church floors that has produced generations of Christians having absolutely no clue about what it is they profess. Muslims love their neighbours and God, so do Hindus! and Sikhs!

(John 17:3)This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 10:041 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Its this type of sentimental namby pamby wishy washy luvy duvy tambourine playing happy clappy rolling around on church floors that has produced generations of Christians having absolutely no clue about what it is they profess. Muslims love their neighbours and God, so do Hindus! and Sikhs!

(John 17:3)This m ...[text shortened]... ng in knowledge
    of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.[/b]
    Yep, it is this which God asks us. It is in both the old and new Testiments. Yet there are those who think they know more than God and make all their rules, to control, and set themselves up as elite.

Such a paper house!

The law of God is simple, Love God with all you are, and love your neighbor as yourself. Beyond that, it is all human b s
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 10:08

of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.[/b]
    By the way, Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs are God's children too. As are athiest's, thiest's, and everyone in between.
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 10:09

Knowledge won't save you, it is your love that will.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 May '14 17:45
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] [b]I am of the school of thought that says this "love for us" that you imagine He has, where unbelief among people with free will is punished in the most sadistic way imaginable is ghastly and grotesque. When one considers the sheers scale of the number of its imagined victims ~ plus it being touted [in an Orwellian way] as perfect "Justice" and "Lo ...[text shortened]... ng.

I think suffering restricts them from further acting evilly against one another forever.
    When I think on these things I wonder not why man appears to still be in the cradle.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 May '14 17:48

There's clearly a difference between taking in knowledge and just making stuff up.

But you love your veil too much to actually begin seeing.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 May '14 17:541 edit
    Yes, I'm sorry for resurrecting this month-long-nearly-dead thread.

It's FMF's fault for pointing me back to it. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree