1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 09:40
    Billions upon billions of innocent people, past, present, future, and ~ we are assured ~forever, being tortured by fire as a punishment, suffering in excruciating agony ~ all for a thought crime.

Has the human imagination ever been to a darker place than this?
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 09:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Billions upon billions of innocent people, past, present, future, and ~ we are assured ~forever, being tortured by fire as a punishment, suffering in excruciating agony ~ all for a thought crime.

How many 'billions upon billions' do you suppose that is?
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 09:49
    Originally posted by FMF

Satan was cast from heaven for his pride, and rejection of God
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 10:06
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    How many 'billions upon billions' do you suppose that is?
    "Unbelievers" ~ or so we are told by devotees of the ideology.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 10:07
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Satan was cast from heaven for his pride, and rejection of God
    Has the human imagination ever been to a darker place than the scenario summarized in the OP?
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 10:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Unbelievers" ~ or so we are told by devotees of the ideology.
    Can you elaborate on how 'billions upon billions' was arrived at? Do you have any data that you supports your claim, or that somebody else has claimed?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 10:20
    Can you elaborate on how 'billions upon billions' was arrived at? Do you have any data that you supports your claim, or that somebody else has claimed?
    How many "unbelievers" have there been? How many will there be? "Billions upon billions" seems like the correct turn of phrase.
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 10:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    How many "unbelievers" have there been? How many will there be? "Billions upon billions" seems like the correct turn of phrase.
    Is that a guess or is there some scientific data to substantiate the claim?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 10:58
    Is that a guess or is there some scientific data to substantiate the claim?
    It's a turn of phrase. And not a controversial one. Think it through. There were already roughly a billion people in the world 200 years ago. There have been more than 3 billion people for about 50 years and there are 7 billion now ~ all of whom will have died and been replaced within about 70-80 years. There will be something in the region of 10 billion by 2100 almost all of them different from ~ and in addition to ~ the number of people living now. How many of them do you think were/are/will be "unbelievers"?
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 11:293 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes. The concept that the being that supposedly created this scenario is loving and deserving of worship.
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 11:351 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's a turn of phrase. And not a controversial one. Think it through. There were already roughly a billion people in the world 200 years ago. There have been more than 3 billion people for about 50 years and there are 7 billion now ~ all of whom will have died and been replaced within about 70-80 years. There will be something in the region of 10 billion by 2100 ...[text shortened]... ~ the number of people living now. How many of them do you think were/are/will be "unbelievers"?
    Had no idea, I had not looked into it that deep. You seemed to have the answer and that was all I was after. thx
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 12:032 edits
    Had no idea, I had not looked into it that deep. You seemed to have the answer and that was all I was after. thx
    So you are really saying that you did not know that there must have been billions of people since Adam who did not know God or Christ? Plus Christians claim that all these people died in their sins and will face eternal torment?

You dont know these things? I dont believe you.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 12:142 edits
    Originally posted by FMF

I have already posted scriptural analysis which demonstrates incontrovertibly how it cannot be a place of punishment but of annihilation, the so called second death, that is, death without the prospect of a resurrection- let those who are interested in truth subject the analysis to falsification!

All the innocent and all those who had no knowledge of Christ will be resurrected - this is the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous! - Acts 24:15
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 12:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have already posted scriptural analysis which demonstrates incontrovertibly how it cannot be a place of punishment but of annihilation, the so called second death, that is, death without the prospect of a resurrection- let those who are interested in truth subject the analysis to falsification!
    That not all Christians subscribe to the "eternal torment" theology is not the focus of this OP. The question is "has the human imagination ever been to a darker place" than conjuring up this concept of perpetual torture as a punishment ~ for however many billions of innocent people for a thought crime?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 12:243 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    That not all Christians subscribe to the "eternal torment" theology is not the focus of this OP. The question is "has the human imagination ever been to a darker place" than conjuring up this concept of perpetual torture as a punishment ~ for however many billions of innocent people for a thought crime?
    fine, I concede it to be the case although it must be noted that others also have visions of eternal torment in fiery regions of the underworld, not merely nominal Christians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree