1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 23:48
    Originally posted by josephw
    "Being unable to believe..." Do you mean "choosing" not to believe?
    If we do not believe that something is true, we can tell people we do, we can even pretend we do, but we cannot choose to believe something when, in fact, we don't.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 23:51
    "Thought crimes" only happen in Hollywood. I'm unaware of any legislation prohibiting free thought.
    Punishment for "thought crimes" are often found in tyrannical or authoritarian regimes.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 00:03
    Originally posted by sonship
    The mob's insistence on the killing of the Son of God beyond all reasonableness, beyond all sense of justice, was probably the darkest occurrence of the human imagination in history - imagining that Jesus Christ the Son of God deserved to be killed.
    They did not believe he was the "Son of God". Do you think they believed that he was?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 00:131 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    I do notice that very often the people who have to biggest problem with eternal damnation are the people who do not believe that Jesus was God become a man.
    People who have a "problem" with the notion of "justice" involving 'being tortured by fire as a punishment, suffering in excruciating agony for all eternity' [for not believing in God] don't believe there is any truth in these imaginings.

They are more interested in perhaps confronting the mind map which can come up with such a grotesque concept, and one that comes across like the product of the basest, most primitive and sadistic human imagination and not a "divine" concept" or a concept of "reasonableness" or "justice" at all.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 00:19
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What stream of Christianity I am part of is totally irrelevant to this thread.

You did not answer the question properly... that is give a Biblical answer to the question under consideration. All you give is what you believe or want to believe.

Towing the party line means to hold on to a doctrine despite the fact that the Bible does not support it. Clearly you are doing that here.

I was thinking just now while going back through this thread, how would one go about finding out what Rajk999 believes? What stream of Christianity he is a part of? Does one start a new thread perhaps? Please advise, I'm interested.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 00:43
    Imagine that after you die you find yourself inextricably confronted with the truth you denied throughout your entire life, and that you no longer have any other options but to accept your due. The loss of life. Eternally.
    "Loss of life" is not what is being discussed here. What is being discussed is the notion of a perpetual state of being burned by flames as a punishment.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 01:17
    Originally posted by yoctobyte

I was thinking just now while going back through this thread, how would one go about finding out what Rajk999 believes? What stream of Christianity he is a part of? Does one start a new thread perhaps? Please advise, I'm interested.
    What I believe should become apparent when I post.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 01:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Loss of life" is not what is being discussed here. What is being discussed is the notion of a perpetual state of being burned by flames as a punishment.
    For the umpteenth time..
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 01:25
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What I believe should become apparent when I post.
    Don't know why you are so evasive about your beliefs, one ought not be but ok. I will draw conclusions based on how you post.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 01:30
    Don't know why you are so evasive about your beliefs, one ought not be but ok. I will draw conclusions based on how you post.
    Rajk999 is not "evasive" about his beliefs in the slightest. He is one of the most forthright regular posters here. If you want to draw conclusions based on how he posts ~ which is exactly what you should do with any or all posters ~ then go and have a browse of his posting history.
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 01:381 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Rajk999 is not "evasive" about his beliefs in the slightest. He is one of the most forthright regular posters here. If you want to draw conclusions based on how he posts ~ which is exactly what you should do with any or all posters ~ then go and have a browse of his posting history.
    I guess I just find it odd you cannot ask a person a question about a thing, and get 'read my posts' (essentially) as the answer if you want find out, and then you may still not know anything. I'm used to Christians being a little more transparent than that. Sorry for going off topic FMF, I'll watch from the sidelines.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 01:42
    I guess I just find it odd you cannot ask a person a question about a thing, and get 'read my posts' (essentially) as the answer if you want find out, and then you may still not know anything. I guess I'm used to Christians being a little more transparent than that. Sorry for going off topic FMF, I'll watch from the sidelines.
    Read his posts and stop trying to hijack this thread by making it about your inability to read his posts. 🙂
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 01:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not rocket science 🙂
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 01:45
    I guess I just find it odd you cannot ask a person a question about a thing, and get 'read my posts' (essentially) as the answer if you want find out, and then you may still not know anything. I'm used to Christians being a little more transparent than that. Sorry for going off topic FMF, I'll watch from the sidelines.
    If starting a thread will make you happy then do it. You dont need my permission. Basically I put the words of Christ first and foremost in my doctrine regarding eternal life. Christ has the words of eternal life as the Bible says a dozen times. Next come the Apostles. Finally the OT.

By the way you asked me this same question about what church I belong to some months ago. Your memory is not too sharp.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 02:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    Read his posts and stop trying to hijack this thread by making it about your inability to read his posts. 🙂
    Oh plz.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree