1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 12:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ...it must be noted that others also have visions of eternal torment in fiery regions of the underworld, not merely Christians.
    If the non-Christians who propagate "eternal torment" imaginings come here to defend them ~ or to suggest what darker human thoughts out-dark them ~ that will be interesting and welcome. But I am more interested in what the people who are here on this forum have to say.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 12:35
    ... not merely nominal Christians.
    re: your third edit on your two sentence post.

You'd go as far as to say that advocates of the "eternal torment", Bizarro-justice concept are not Christians?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 12:373 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    re: your third edit on your two sentence post.

You'd go as far as to say that advocates of the "eternal torment", Bizarro-justice concept are [b]not
    Christians?[/b]
    wow get a job with the edit police. Id go as far as to say what i said, nominal Christians. I doubt their vision is a product of the imagination, in fact, it can be traced almost directly to erroneous understanding of scripture itself influenced by a Hellenistic adoption of paganism between the 2nd and 4th centuries and the influence of some rather unsavory figures like Calvin.

No time to talk turkey gotta go back to work!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 12:44
    wow get a job with the edit police. Id go as far as to say what i said, nominal Christians. I doubt their vision is a product of the imagination, infact, it can be traced almost directly to erroneous understanding of scripture, a Hellenistic adoption of paganism and the influence of some rather unsavory figures like Calvin.
    Is a "nominal Christian" a Christian or not a Christian?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 12:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is a "nominal Christian" a Christian or not a Christian?
    ill let you decide 🙂
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 13:14
    ill let you decide 🙂
    You're the one who decided to use the terminology, not me.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 13:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    Billions upon billions of innocent people, past, present, future, and ~ we are assured ~forever, being tortured by fire as a punishment, suffering in excruciating agony ~ all for a thought crime.

Has the human imagination ever been to a darker place than this?
    Interestingly enough, every point you make can be debated as to its validity.

For example, "innocent" people. Who made you the judge?

Never mind that! Do you really believe God would "torture" anyone? If not, and if you're right, then those who say the Bible says the "lake of fire" is a place of eternal torment and torture are wrong.

I have no doubt that everyone who ever lived will stand in judgement. For some that will be hell. Imagine that at that very moment what it will be like to know one lost out on the chance of having eternal life.

The loss of eternal life is the darkest thought I can imagine.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 13:59
    Originally posted by josephw
    For example, "innocent" people. Who made you the judge?
    Being unable to believe something is a "thought crime" not a real crime.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 14:01
    Originally posted by josephw
    The loss of eternal life is the darkest thought I can imagine.
    The "loss of eternal life" is darker than being tortured and suffering in excruciating agony for eternity?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 14:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Billions upon billions of innocent people, past, present, future, and ~ we are assured ~forever, being tortured by fire as a punishment, suffering in excruciating agony ~ all for a thought crime.

Has the human imagination ever been to a darker place than this?
    Thoughts is where sin begins.
    Those going to Hell will be doing so over the efforts of God to turn them
    away from such a place, and those who time and again warned them of
    the danger they were in. Many of those were killed for that effort by the
    very ones they were warning. The crimes are more than thoughts, do not
    hide that from yourself.
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 14:42
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So you are really saying that you did not know that there must have been billions of people since Adam who did not know God or Christ? Plus Christians claim that all these people died in their sins and will face eternal torment?

You dont know these things? I dont believe you.
    Rajk999,

You are Christian, correct? Do you believe "that all these people died in their sins and will face eternal torment"? What do you know about what is in a person's heart once they die, it is a matter that only the Lord knows.

As far as how many people since Adam & Eve, who really knows I don't... do you. Aside from looking at a website or two just a bit ago, it seems to me that the data is inconclusive regarding populations, meaning different numbers.

Don't believe me? It is of little consequence to me, I don't have a reason to lie about something I am not well versed in. I am certainly not looking to impress anybody.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 14:44
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The crimes are more than thoughts, do not hide that from yourself.
    So you reject the notion of people "being tortured by fire as a punishment, suffering in excruciating agony" merely for being "unbelievers"?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 14:47
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Do you believe "that all these people died in their sins and will face eternal torment"?
    It's a point blank question that you should answer too, I think. Do you believe that "unbelievers" will "face eternal torment"?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 15:07
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Rajk999,

You are Christian, correct? Do you believe "that all these people died in their sins and will face eternal torment"? What do you know about what is in a person's heart once they die, it is a matter that only the Lord knows.

As far as how many people since Adam & Eve, who really knows I don't... do you. Aside from looking at a website or t ...[text shortened]... to lie about something I am not well versed in. I am certainly not looking to impress anybody.
    I do NOT believe in the doctrine of eternal torment for those who do not know Christ or God. That doctrine belong to mainstream Christianity of which I am not part.

As you mention 'whats in a persons heart' .. that is the same principle which determines whether or not a person will get eternal life. And thats something which the OSAS group [which you are part of] does not accept.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    08 Apr '14 15:25
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I do NOT believe in the doctrine of eternal torment for those who do not know Christ or God. That doctrine belong to mainstream Christianity of which I am not part.

As you mention 'whats in a persons heart' .. that is the same principle which determines whether or not a person will get eternal life. And thats something which the OSAS group [which you are part of] does not accept.
    I do NOT believe in the doctrine of eternal torment for those who do not know Christ or God. That doctrine belong to mainstream Christianity of which I am not part

What stream of Christianity are you a part of?
    And thats something which the OSAS group [which you are part of] does not accept.

Dude, you know nothing about me or what I believe, do yourself a favor, do not assume you know anything about another without talking to them first.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree