The Many are One

The Many are One

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
11 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Taoman
Gestalt - this is a sublime German word that outshines all that language's often circumlocutory descriptions. So succinct, a reflection of itself. Seven letters, simple yet so full and immediate, one that takes many words to seek to explain.

Aber Ja! Eine gestalt!
If I have to call my view anything, I might call it “gestaltic non-dualism”. And I find it expressed in many otherwise different philosophies and religions. It is my view of “the perennial philosophy”—from Lao Tzu to Lin-chi to Hafiz to Moshe Cordovero to Meister Eckhart…well, to the Rastas! I am comfortable expressing it (most often, perhaps, metaphorically) through any of them—a Zennist one day, a Sufi the next!

Interesting that it seems to be our attempts to be precise that increase the population of words! That was really my point on your other thread: not any kind of real criticism (we are clearly kindred spirits!). For example, someone might ask for an explanation of the figure/ground gestalt as a spiritual/philosophical concept (e.g., the Tai Chi spinning into yin-yang spinning into the ten thousand things)—then there will be more words than my little offering above. I have been willing in the past to scatter many words; I tend to be more reticent now (though I can still be roused to verbosity!). 😳

This year will be it appears
a year of a million cicadas—
in the heat of the coming summer,
oh, the noise of their verbosity!

Be well.

T

Moves
11 May 11

Originally posted by vistesd
If I have to call my view anything, I might call it “gestaltic non-dualism”. And I find it expressed in many otherwise different philosophies and religions. It is my view of “the perennial philosophy”—from Lao Tzu to Lin-chi to Hafiz to Moshe Cordovero to Meister Eckhart…well, to the Rastas! I am comfortable expressing it (most often, perhaps, metaphorica ...[text shortened]... lion cicadas—
in the heat of the coming summer,
oh, the noise of their verbosity!

Be well.
We are very much kindred spirits, methinks. And we are not alone.
I still click away like a cicada now and then, just for the fun of it. I like to share the various expressions from all the ways of the "Way."
I somehow find myself liking the heretics, the ones that push the status quo for whatever path they find themselves in. Bankei, Giordano, yes and the Sufis, another form of "heretic". Or the apparently "mad" ones, the fools of infinity.

Namaste vistesd

AH

Moves
11 May 11

“The Many are One” = “Borg” ?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
12 May 11

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
“The Many are One” = “Borg” ?
No, my dear Mr Hamilton😵

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
12 May 11

Originally posted by Taoman
We are very much kindred spirits, methinks. And we are not alone.
I still click away like a cicada now and then, just for the fun of it. I like to share the various expressions from all the ways of the "Way."
I somehow find myself liking the heretics, the ones that push the status quo for whatever path they find themselves in. Bankei, Giordano, yes and ...[text shortened]... m of "heretic". Or the apparently "mad" ones, the fools of infinity.

Namaste vistesd
Indeed, if it weren't for these "fools of eternity" what else would the plebs talk about on the weekends? 😀

AH

Moves
15 May 11

Originally posted by black beetle
No, my dear Mr Hamilton😵
LOL