1. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    03 Apr '15 18:031 edit
    After sundown today marks the anniversary of the only celebration that Christ commanded his followers to commemorate, the memorial of his death. On this day he held the passover celebration, instituted a covenant for a Kingdom with his faithful followers, demonstrated humility by taking the form of a slave and washing the feet of the disciples and delivered himself up to the Roman authorities to face a humiliating and painful death.

    To the uninitiated this appears strange but for those with knowledge it accomplished many things. Christ proved that a perfect man could keep his integrity while under the severest of pressures, proving that Adams course of moral independence from God was willful and his condemnation to death, just. He provided in purely legalistic terms a propitiatory sacrifice making it possible for persons to approach God on the basis of his sacrifice, not to be actually righteous, but to be declared righteous resulting in a cleansed conscience. It provided the standard by which all Christians from then on should adhere to, self sacrifice for the benefit of others.

    His love was manifest in that sacrifice, pure and genuine, transcending time and place and echoes down through the centuries for those who appreciate it.

    May the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    03 Apr '15 18:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    After sundown today marks the anniversary of the only celebration that Christ commanded his followers to commemorate, the memorial of his death. On this day he held the passover celebration, instituted a covenant for a Kingdom with his faithful followers, demonstrated humility by taking the form of a slave and washing the feet of the disciples and d ...[text shortened]... enturies for those who appreciate it.

    May the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
    If you believe all this, then why don't you become a Christian instead of a Jehovah's Witness?
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    03 Apr '15 22:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    After sundown today marks the anniversary of the only celebration that Christ commanded his followers to commemorate, the memorial of his death. On this day he held the passover celebration, instituted a covenant for a Kingdom with his faithful followers, demonstrated humility by taking the form of a slave and washing the feet of the disciples and d ...[text shortened]... enturies for those who appreciate it.

    May the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
    No argument from me. Sounds like you hit the nail on the head robbie, but I wish you knew the Jesus that the scriptures tell of.

    I have a passage to share with you, but I'm too busy just now to go into it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86381
    03 Apr '15 23:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    After sundown today marks the anniversary of the only celebration that Christ commanded his followers to commemorate, the memorial of his death. On this day he held the passover celebration, instituted a covenant for a Kingdom with his faithful followers, demonstrated humility by taking the form of a slave and washing the feet of the disciples and d ...[text shortened]... enturies for those who appreciate it.

    May the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
    Happy Easter.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    320
    07 Apr '15 19:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If you believe all this, then why don't you become a Christian instead of a Jehovah's Witness?
    Your inaccurate knowledge is sticking out again.
    We are Jehovah's Christian Witnesses.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86381
    07 Apr '15 19:42
    Originally posted by roigam
    Your inaccurate knowledge is sticking out again.
    We are Jehovah's Christian Witnesses.
    But Christians and Christianity hold to the deity of Christ. You do not.
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    320
    07 Apr '15 19:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    But Christians and Christianity hold to the deity of Christ. You do not.
    Excuse me, it is Christendom that mistakenly think that the first born Son of God is God himself.
    We believe that the disciple Peter said it right when Jesus asked him: (Matthew 16:15-17) He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the "Son" of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.
    Christendom has been influenced by pagan philosophies. Many pagan religions believe in trinities (a word not found in the Bible but found in many pagan religions)
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86381
    07 Apr '15 20:031 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    Excuse me, it is Christendom that mistakenly think that the first born Son of God is God himself.
    We believe that the disciple Peter said it right when Jesus asked him: (Matthew 16:15-17) He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the "Son" of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy yo ...[text shortened]... religions believe in trinities (a word not found in the Bible but found in many pagan religions)
    I hardly think you or your cult are in a position of strength when it comes to criticising other people beliefs considering the stuff you believe. I think "swallowing a camel but straining at a gnat" is the phrase that best fits. Nevertheless, here you are telling the entire Chrisitan faith that they are wrong and you are right.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Apr '15 20:082 edits
    Originally posted by roigam
    Excuse me, it is Christendom that mistakenly think that the first born Son of God is God himself.
    We believe that the disciple Peter said it right when Jesus asked him: (Matthew 16:15-17) He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the "Son" of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy yo ...[text shortened]... religions believe in trinities (a word not found in the Bible but found in many pagan religions)
    Even the phrase the 'only begotten', is lost on them for the Bible itself states that God has many sons but an 'only begotten' son. What could it mean other than Christ is the only entity directly created by God. All other explanations make no reasonable, rational or logical sense and it is also entirely supported by scripture. Colossians 1:15
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Apr '15 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I hardly think you or your cult are in a position of strength when it comes to criticising other people beliefs considering the stuff you believe. I think "swallowing a camel but straining at a gnat" is the phrase that best fits. Nevertheless, here you are telling the entire Chrisitan faith that they are wrong and you are right.
    Oh dear another logical fallacy demonstrating an inability to address the actual content of the post rather than the personality behind it. Transparent, insipid and predictable. What the poster has actually stated is that Christianity and its doctrines have been heavily influenced by paganism. Are you denying the fact? If so on what basis are you denying the fact for there is much historical and Biblical evidence which supports the claim? What have you to offer in refutation?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86381
    07 Apr '15 20:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Oh dear another logical fallacy demonstrating an inability to address the actual content of the post rather than the personality behind it. Transparent, insipid and predictable. What the poster has actually stated is that Christianity and its doctrines have been heavily influenced by paganism. Are you denying the fact? If so on what basis are you ...[text shortened]... istorical and Biblical evidence which supports the claim? What have you to offer in refutation?
    Is roigam not capable of responding himself?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86381
    07 Apr '15 20:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Oh dear another logical fallacy demonstrating an inability to address the actual content of the post rather than the personality behind it. Transparent, insipid and predictable. What the poster has actually stated is that Christianity and its doctrines have been heavily influenced by paganism. Are you denying the fact? If so on what basis are you ...[text shortened]... istorical and Biblical evidence which supports the claim? What have you to offer in refutation?
    You and your religion have been heavily influenced by error, cultism and spiritual arrogance.
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Apr '15 20:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You and your religion have been heavily influenced by error, cultism and spiritual arrogance.
    Sorry let me ask you again and lets see if you are capable or incapable of rational thought. Are you saying that Christianity as practised by the churches of Christendom has or has not been heavily influenced by paganism. If not on what basis are you saying it?
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    07 Apr '15 20:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is roigam not capable of responding himself?
    the question is not addressed to roigam, its addressed to you.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86381
    07 Apr '15 20:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sorry let me ask you again and lets see if you are capable or incapable of rational thought. Are you saying that Christianity as practised by the churches of Christendom has or has not been heavily influenced by paganism. If not on what basis are you saying it?
    Yes it has, but that doesn't mean your lot are right. Your point is moot.
Back to Top