1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '15 16:062 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you a "polytheist"?
    It is of some interest for me to note the different perceptions of the term God and how they differ from the term as it is utilised in scripture. From the Bible we are forced to acknowledge that a God is simply a powerful entity and may even be used with reference to human beings in positions of power and thus need not even be divine. Of course this is completely different from what is the commonly held view that a God need to be of a divine nature and that there is only a single God when clearly there are many mentioned often by name. Why the presence of these Gods makes one a Polytheist I cannot say, the idea seems somewhat preposterous as if the presence of many different kinds of art makes one a cubist or a surrealist.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '15 16:10
    Originally posted by sonship
    Can you therfore tell us how it was that Paul under inspiration, you do believe Paul was inspired don't you? wrote the following?

[b]Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.

The central ...[text shortened]... ess the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up in the last day." (John 6:44) [/b][/b]
    Thank you, the Bible states that Christ did not even consider himself equal to God you it was a necessity - that's all I needed to know. Did I not say that it is futile, thank you for proving the point.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '15 17:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Thank you, the Bible states that Christ did not even consider himself equal to God you it was a necessity - that's all I needed to know. Did I not say that it is futile, thank you for proving the point.
    You are quite welcomed for allowing me the opportunity to prove your Arianism wrong.

He did not count equality with God which He possessed "a treasure to be grasped ...". He possessed equality with God but counted it not a treasure to be grasped, but instead emptied Himself of that expression.

All that the Father gives to the Son will come to the Son.

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him ..." (John 6:44a)

Concerning Arians, Russelites, and Jehovah's Witnesses and other deniers that Christ is God incarnate ... "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us, but they went out that they might be manifested that they all are not of us." (1 John 1:19)
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '15 23:271 edit
    It is of some interest for me to note the different perceptions of the term God and how they differ from the term as it is utilised in scripture. From the Bible we are forced to acknowledge that a God is simply a powerful entity and may even be used with reference to human beings in positions of power and thus need not even be divine. Of course this is completely different from what is the commonly held view that a God need to be of a divine nature and that there is only a single God when clearly there are many mentioned often by name. Why the presence of these Gods makes one a Polytheist I cannot say, the idea seems somewhat preposterous as if the presence of many different kinds of art makes one a cubist or a surrealist.

Well, do you believe in the existence and presence of multiple Gods ~ as polytheists do ~ yes or no?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '15 16:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]It is of some interest for me to note the different perceptions of the term God and how they differ from the term as it is utilised in scripture. From the Bible we are forced to acknowledge that a God is simply a powerful entity and may even be used with reference to human beings in positions of power and thus need not even be divine. Of course this is comp ...[text shortened]... , do you believe in the existence and presence of multiple Gods ~ as polytheists do ~ yes or no?
    Keep trying.

The evidence is categorically that JWs are polytheists.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '15 21:331 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Keep trying.

The evidence is categorically that JWs are polytheists.
    Are you saying that the Bible doesn't mention the existence of other Gods, If yes on what basis are you saying that the Bible does not mention other Gods?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '15 21:372 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]It is of some interest for me to note the different perceptions of the term God and how they differ from the term as it is utilised in scripture. From the Bible we are forced to acknowledge that a God is simply a powerful entity and may even be used with reference to human beings in positions of power and thus need not even be divine. Of course this is comp ...[text shortened]... , do you believe in the existence and presence of multiple Gods ~ as polytheists do ~ yes or no?
    I dont know If I may be regarded as polytheist or not. I have merely commented on the Biblical use of the term God and how it is applied to not only deities but humans as well. It appears to me that you must therefore be willing to include humans in your understanding of what a polytheist is or the definition that you are using is not quite accurate in this instance or does not apply. The idea that someone can read the Bible and not come to an understanding that there are different personages and entities which are termed Gods seems quite ludicrous to me.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '15 21:453 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Our position may be summed up by the following,

For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him. - 1 Corinthians 8 : 5.6

If you think this makes Jehovahs Witnesses Polytheists then fine. As far as I am concerned despite the fact that the Bible mentions the existence of many gods we worship only a single God, the Father.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 03:08
    Are you saying that the Bible doesn't mention the existence of other Gods, If yes on what basis are you saying that the Bible does not mention other Gods?
    No, I'm saying what I said on the previous page, which you chose to ignore:

For unto us a Child is born,
    Unto us a Son is given;
    And the government will be upon His shoulder.
    And His name will be called
    Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
    Of the increase of His government and peace
    There will be no end

I hardly think the terms: "Mighty God" "Everlasting Father" "wonderful, Councillor" "Prince of Peace"...can be applied to either Satan or the Angel Michael. That you think they can is a fantastic indictment of your error.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 03:09
    I dont know If I may be regarded as polytheist or not. I have merely commented on the Biblical use of the term God and how it is applied to not only deities but humans as well. It appears to me that you must therefore be willing to include humans in your understanding of what a polytheist is or the definition that you are using is not quite accurat ...[text shortened]... t there are different personages and entities which are termed Gods seems quite ludicrous to me.
    You are not being asked how others regard you, you are being asked how you regard yourself.

Are you polytheist?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 03:10
    Our position may be summed up by the following,

For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him. - 1 Cori ...[text shortened]... act that the Bible mentions the existence of many gods we worship only a single God, the Father.
    How do you differentiate between "gods" and the "Mighty God" mentioned by Isaiah?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 03:242 edits
    How do you differentiate between "gods" and the "Mighty God" mentioned by Isaiah?
    And how about the Almighty God or God Almighty and Lord God Almighty of Genesis 35:11 and Revelation 11:17? And how about this God that is with God?
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(John 1:1)
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 10:11
    I have posted this many times, it made little effect on you then and i don't see why it should have any effect on you now.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 11:40
    I have posted this many times, it made little effect on you then and i don't see why it should have any effect on you now.
    It had the effect of making us believe you are a polytheist.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 11:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It had the effect of making us believe you are a polytheist.
    yes but that's only because you have little or no understanding of how the term god is applied in scripture.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree