1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 02:38
    @philokalia said
    I think that's just a convenient excuse. I think you were mad. I think you are actually quite prickly about these things.

You made a mistake -- and you deleted your mistakes.

It's OK, though: no judgment. Nobody is perfect. Sometimes we all get angry and hostile.
    I would suggest that your thinking is totally bonkers.
    That's what I think.
    And you should have kept it to yourself - it does not aid the debate at all does it?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:02
    @philokalia said
    But you clearly see beyond the veil of ignorance, though, right?
    "The veil of ignorance"?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:03
    @philokalia said
    I think that's just a convenient excuse. I think you were mad. I think you are actually quite prickly about these things.

You made a mistake -- and you deleted your mistakes.

It's OK, though: no judgment. Nobody is perfect. Sometimes we all get angry and hostile.
    "Angry and hostile"? What on earth are you one about?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:08
    @philokalia said
    Because, ultimately, the reasons you think it wrong are simply reasons given to you by your culture or your innate preferences. There is no real objective reason that would indicate it is necessarily superior.
    Your certainty and sincerity about your belief in a creator-moral-law-giver god figure create "no real objective reason" either and your religiosity ~ and moral compass attendant thereto ~ is a result of your personal synthesis of culture, your life experiences [i.e. "nurture"], and your innate preferences [i.e. "nature"]. We aren't different in this regard.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:12
    @philokalia said
    Like, instead of explaining that you disapprove of this like all of your contemporary fellow Britons, why aren't you talking about how these differences don't really matter in the end..?
    What is it you think "all Britons" disapprove of?

If your religious orientation gives you solace [in the face of your own mortality], a sense of purpose, and whatever else you get from it ~ solidarity, community, a meaning for your life etc. ~ and it also gives you a framework that helps you not behave in a morally unsound way, then I welcome it.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:13
    @fmf said
    "Angry and hostile"? What on earth are you one about?
    I'm speculating on your deleted posts and telling you why I think that.

And you knew that.

But you like incessantly questioning and pretending to not get it as a tactic to make people feel gaslit or become frustrated.

It comes from the same place your accordion arguments come from.
  7. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:14
    @wolfgang59 said
    I would suggest that your thinking is totally bonkers.
    That's what I think.
    And you should have kept it to yourself - it does not aid the debate at all does it?
    It does add to it because every discussion with FMF becomes a tedious exercise in asking answering, etc., and the past is always bright in, and motives are always questioned.

It's what needs to be done to have a fair discussion.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:23
    @philokalia said
    I'm speculating on your deleted posts and telling you why I think that.
    I explained what happened.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:24
    @philokalia said
    But you like incessantly questioning and pretending to not get it as a tactic to make people feel gaslit or become frustrated.

It comes from the same place your accordion arguments come from.
    Stuff about the discussion we were having would be more interesting than this.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:26
    @philokalia said
    It does add to it because every discussion with FMF becomes a tedious exercise in asking answering, etc., and the past is always bright in, and motives are always questioned.It's what needs to be done to have a fair discussion.
    "Tedious"? When why have you been talking to me non-stop for the last four and a quarter hours?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:291 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    @philokalia said
    I think that's just a convenient excuse. I think you were mad. I think you are actually quite prickly about these things. You made a mistake -- and you deleted your mistakes. It's OK, though: no judgment. Nobody is perfect. Sometimes we all get angry and hostile.

@wolfgang59 said
    I would suggest that your thinking is totally bonkers. That's what I think. And you should have kept it to yourself - it does not aid the debate at all does it?

He's said he posted that stuff because he wants to have a fair discussion.
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:30
    @fmf said
    I explained what happened.
    I explained what I thought happened.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:32
    @fmf said
    @philokalia said
    I think that's just a convenient excuse. I think you were mad. I think you are actually quite prickly about these things. You made a mistake -- and you deleted your mistakes. It's OK, though: no judgment. Nobody is perfect. Sometimes we all get angry and hostile.

@wolfgang59 said
    I would suggest that your thinking is totally bonkers. ...[text shortened]... te at all does it?

He's said he posted that stuff because he wants to have a fair discussion.
    That's right.

But what you want, and what happens, are always different.

When you are involved, we are automatically dealing with a highly personal minefield where everything gets drudged up from the past and basic statements are questioned.

Why not use what's right in front of us?

Why not have us all on the same page?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:40
    @philokalia said
    That's right.

But what you want, and what happens, are always different.

When you are involved, we are automatically dealing with a highly personal minefield where everything gets drudged up from the past and basic statements are questioned.

Why not use what's right in front of us?

Why not have us all on the same page?
    What "highly personal minefield"? You seem to have gone off on a complete tangent. I accidentally responded to two sonship posts that I had already answered. So I deleted them.
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 03:59
    You responded to me; deleted two posts; then responded to me again, all in a quick succession.

But whatever, it's cool. I'll just bring it up every time that I feel you are dredging up the past too much.

And I will do that because I love you and I want you to learn through examples -- and one day, you will understand that when anyone dredges up largely irrelevant things in the past, and makes a mountain out of a mole hill, it is wrong.

But this is our mountain, and it will continue to be a mountain every time that you make a mountain.

And it's a perfect mountain because it's not overtly hostile. It's just annoying bad "gotcha" stuff.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree