1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 04:09
    @philokalia said
    You responded to me; deleted two posts; then responded to me again, all in a quick succession.
    I explained what they were, to whom they were addressed, and why I deleted them.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 04:10
    @philokalia said
    I'll just bring it up every time that I feel you are dredging up the past too much.
    You'll bring up the two deleted posts on page 34?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 04:11
    @philokalia said
    And I will do that because I love you and I want you to learn through examples -- and one day, you will understand that when anyone dredges up largely irrelevant things in the past, and makes a mountain out of a mole hill, it is wrong.
    What does any of this Clans Forum type banter have to do with The Moral Argument for God's Existence and the discussion we were having?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 04:13
    @philokalia said
    I think that's just a convenient excuse. I think you were mad. I think you are actually quite prickly about these things.
    You made a mistake -- and you deleted your mistakes.
    It's OK, though: no judgment. Nobody is perfect. Sometimes we all get angry and hostile.
    I haven't posted any "angry and hostile" messages and you can't come up with one. I have been sticking to the topic. And my posts have been clear and measured.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 04:23
    @fmf said
    I haven't posted any "angry and hostile" messages and you can't come up with one. I have been sticking to the topic. And my posts have been clear and measured.
    Deflective, repetitious, minimalistic, and interrogative are better words to describe your posts than clear and measured.

This is objectively true.

If your posts were clear and measured, they'd be engaging and wouldn't focus on persistently questioning obviously established and ststed things.

Just like you were doing in the democrats and church thread earlier concerning the question of God ordaining rulers.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 04:25
    @fmf said
    I explained what they were, to whom they were addressed, and why I deleted them.
    A perfect example of repetitious posting.

You've stated this two or three times already in equally minimal terms.

Not clear, or measured, but repetitious...

Tedious.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 04:50
    @philokalia said
    A perfect example of repetitious posting.

You've stated this two or three times already in equally minimal terms.

Not clear, or measured, but repetitious...

Tedious.
    Where are these "angry and hostile" posts? You are just making this up. The conversation you appear to have completely bailed out of is still there if you should decide to return to it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 04:52
    @philokalia said
    Deflective, repetitious, minimalistic, and interrogative are better words to describe your posts than clear and measured.

This is objectively true.

If your posts were clear and measured, they'd be engaging and wouldn't focus on persistently questioning obviously established and ststed things.

Just like you were doing in the democrats and church thread earlier concerning the question of God ordaining rulers.
    I don't think you're right. Thanks for your advice anyway.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 08:22
    @philokalia said
    It seems you deleted two posts that were probably grappling with this very problem -- emotional outbursts or aborted rationalizations, who knows, but I would be curious to see.
    You are sounding like SecondSon here; firing off silly presumptions about a poster who has never been seen to have done either of the options in your false dichotomy. You appear desperate.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 15:34
    Philokalia,

Could you tell me who are the Greek Orthodox philosophers who have been the most influential on the Moral Argument for God's Existence?
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 10:16
    @sonship said
    Philokalia,

Could you tell me who are the Greek Orthodox philosophers who have been the most influential on the Moral Argument for God's Existence?
    Yeh ... I've been wondering about that too.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 13:442 edits
    @wolfgang59

Then you could have asked him yourself.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Dec '18 00:571 edit
    @sonship said
    @wolfgang59

Then you could have asked him yourself.
    Well I didn't know who to ask.
    Who is the resident expert on this forum?

btw:
    Who would be your top 3 most influential Greek Orthodox
    philosophers on the Moral Argument for God's Existence?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '18 02:43
    @wolfgang59 said
    Who would be your top 3 most influential Greek Orthodox
    philosophers on the Moral Argument for God's Existence?
    I'd go for Theodoros Zagorakis, Angelos Charisteas and Dimitris Papadopoulos who came in towards the end. Certainly, 2004 created a strong moral argument for the existence of Greek gods, at least.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree