1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '12 13:40
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-04-highly-religious-people-compassion-non-believers.html
  2. Joined
    01 May '12
    Moves
    01 May '12 13:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '12 13:45
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    interesting that he is pontificating from inside a room full of mirrors yet cannot see his
    own reflection.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '12 14:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    interesting that he is pontificating from inside a room full of mirrors yet cannot see his
    own reflection.
    I can point out one clear instance of christian so-called compassion:

Going to all kinds of extremes to stop abortions up to and including killing the abortion doctors. Yet when the baby is born, these so-called compassionate people drop the issue like a hot rock, going on the the next pursuit.

Where is the compassion and support for the new mom or the help in dealing with her issues like if a child is born as the result of rape. That is not a theoretical debate with me, one of my son's gf had a baby as a result of rape and now the anti-abortion people are nowhere to be found. Yessir, great religion is Paulism.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '12 14:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I can point out one clear instance of christian so-called compassion:

Going to all kinds of extremes to stop abortions up to and including killing the abortion doctors. Yet when the baby is born, these so-called compassionate people drop the issue like a hot rock, going on the the next pursuit.

Where is the compassion and support for the new mom or t ...[text shortened]... e and now the anti-abortion people are nowhere to be found. Yessir, great religion is Paulism.
    there are 115,000 innocent children killed every day, with over 95 percent of them
    being killed for no other reason than social convenience, dont lecture us on what is
    compassionate and what is not until you look in the materialistic mirror.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '12 14:521 edit
    there are 115,000 innocent children killed every day, with over 95 percent of them
    being killed for no other reason than social convenience, dont lecture us on what is
    compassionate and what is not until you look in the materialistic mirror.
    And totally ignoring the plight of the mother forced to have a child of rape. Your compassion is really showing through there. Like I said, this is not a theoretical discussion for me. We are living with it every day with a child of rape in our house and the man who did it also raped her cousin, kidnapped Allex and raped her for 6 months.

He will be in prison for the rest of his life but you and your kind could care less about the life of the mother, just save the baby. No matter if the mother is a wreck for the rest of her life. To say nothing of what happens when at some point the baby will have to be told who his father is, where he is and why he is there and the trauma that will undoubtedly result.

So don't tell me about mere materialism. This is fact. This is in MY household.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '12 15:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And totally ignoring the plight of the mother forced to have a child of rape. Your compassion is really showing through there. Like I said, this is not a theoretical discussion for me. We are living with it every day with a child of rape in our house and the man who did it also raped her cousin, kidnapped Allex and raped her for 6 months.

He will be in p ...[text shortened]... of the mother, just save the baby. No matter if the mother is a wreck for the rest of her life.
    115,000 innocents killed because of social convenience and here you are trying to
    justify it because of less than fiver percent of cases due to other circumstances, you
    dont know anything about compassion, get away from me dude, i mean it, far far
    away. Ever spoken to an abortion survivor, one whose mother decided not to go
    through with it, how will your compassionate 'its ok for the sake of social convenience',
    comfort them, far away dude, far far away before I forget that I am a Christian.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '12 15:411 edit
    115,000 innocents killed because of social convenience and here you are trying to
    justify it because of less than fiver percent of cases due to other circumstances, you
    through with it, nvenience',
    comfort them, far away dude, far far away before I forget that I am a Christian.
    How bout you comfort the mom of the rape? It was not only rape but incestuous, her father's brother. So not only do we get kidnapping, daily rape and the anti-abortion people convincing her to have the baby but the kid is genetically damaged in the bargain. There are no winners here except the in the minds of the anti-abortionists who convinced her to have the baby. Like I said, where are they now that the baby is going to have to have perhaps life long intervention for genetic birth defects? Just where are they now?\

Another thing: you seem to think, it seems to me, that it is ok for there to be 7 billion people on the planet, regardless of the ability of the planet to support that many. In a few decades, 10 billion, maybe 20 billion next century if the present trend continues. So where will the anti-abortionists be when millions of people are starving as they already are in some places in the world? Humans are already using up about as much Earthly resources as can sustain 7 billion. The more people from here on out, the more likely they die of starvation. So where will the anti-abortionists be then? How about compassion for millions of people starving as we speak?
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 May '12 16:15
    through with it, ...[text shortened]... nvenience',
    Well, if I chanced to speak to an abortion survivor, I can only hope that I would not use a flippant word like 'convenience' to describe her mother's motives. I can't think of a better way to drive the survivor into a full-blown depression than to convince her that her own mother thought the decision to abort was trivial.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '12 16:332 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Well, if I chanced to speak to an abortion survivor, I can only hope that I would not use a flippant word like 'convenience' to describe her mother's motives. I can't think of a better way to drive the survivor into a full-blown depression than to convince her that her own mother thought the decision to abort was trivial.
    trivial or not, social convenience is what accounts for 95 percent of all abortions! and
    you highlight a rather interesting aspects of abortions, the psychological after effects
    and emotional scarring.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '12 17:02
    trivial or not, social convenience is what accounts for 95 percent of all abortions! and
    you highlight a rather interesting aspects of abortions, the psychological after effects
    and emotional scarring.
    So for you, the psychological problems of having an abortion totally outweigh the problems of not having an abortion.

Such as what I said, million of people starving. As we speak.
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 May '12 17:041 edit
    and emotional scarring.
    The decision to have a child or not has a huge impact on the life of the mother. The word 'convenience' does not adequately cover the meaning of such a large impact; it is typically used for situations with much smaller effects on ease of use or ease of living, like "this area has convenient access to restaurants" or "the spatula is a convenience - it makes flipping eggs easier."

In short, "social convenience" are weasel words. They make it sound that a mother's decision to abort is of no more consequence than her decision to purchase a cell phone or post on facebook.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '12 17:101 edit
    The decision to have a child or not has a huge impact on the life of the mother. The word 'convenience' does not adequately cover the meaning of such a large impact; it is typically used for situations with much smaller effects on ease of use or ease of living, like "this area has convenient access to restaurants" or "the spatula is a convenience - it ma of no more consequence than her decision to purchase a cell phone or post on facebook.
    weasel words? LOL I dont think that it does make the matter of abortion a triviality,
    but it certainly stigmatises those who for no other reason than they do not want a child,
    choose to abort.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 May '12 17:11
    weasel words? LOL
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '12 17:13
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word
    some people say that weasel words are good, weasels for example.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree