1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 20:221 edit
    yes on external circumstances, that's what I said although more succinctly. No it
    has not failed at all, it has been shown to be superior, for it is able decisions no matter how many people are
    harmed by them.

You are immoral and repugnant
    One again your ignorance knows no bounds for I do not profess belief in a soul that
    transcends death, in fact, I hold that its not even a Biblical teaching, making your
    assertion of 'keeping your 'precious soul' intact and ready for inspection by your
    imaginary god, quite ludicrous. The rest of your post is the now predictable and
    almost obligatory angry atheist rant complete with unsubstantiated opinion and
    abusive and unsubstantiated claims. As your megalomania implodes in upon itself
    at the prospect of having been pawned by a theist, remember that you are not the
    centre of the universe, your opinions have no relevance to anyone but you and just
    because you make a claim doesn't mean its either true, plausible or in many
    instances even relevant. Away hame to your maw, with your tail between your legs
    and stop whining an greetin like the Geek that you purport to be, snuggle up to your
    poster of seven of nine and you'll be ok in the morning.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 May '12 20:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ummm it was only used as an analogy, but its good that you drive carefully. Do you
    guys have like an MOT (ministry of transport) certificate where you need to get your
    vehicle checked every year by a garage to make sure its roadworthy?
    Yes, we have the same thing here, it used to be a matter of me accelerating for a few feet and hitting the brakes and if the car stopped, it passed. That was Nebraska, 1964.

Now you need to go through computer analysis of the engine, it tells the tester the results without having to sniff the exhaust or anything. They don't test brakes, but they measure the depth of tread on the tires, too little tread left, get new tires before we pass you. That will be $73.09 please. Pass or fail.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '12 20:341 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Let's do some simple math and logic in each example.

1) 'some drivers break speeding laws consistently' does not show that 'the majority of consciences are not working'. You don't get to condemn the majority based on an unspecified group of bad drivers. You need to show that over 50% of drivers break speeding laws.

2) let's be generous and allow th cular laws generally are effective in motivating people to exercise their consciences.
    no there is no evidence that persons so on the basis of conscience, it may merely
    come down to a legality, I do so because i have to, otherwise i wouldn't.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 May '12 20:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    One again your ignorance knows no bounds for I do not profess belief in a soul that
    transcends death, in fact, I hold that its not even a Biblical teaching, making your
    assertion of 'keeping your 'precious soul' intact and ready for inspection by your
    imaginary god, quite ludicrous. The rest of your post is the now predictable and
    almost obl ...[text shortened]... urport to be, snuggle up to your
    poster of seven of nine and you'll be ok in the morning.
    Your delusions are on occasion quite funny.

While also being tragic and depressing when I realise you are not trying to parody yourself.

So far you haven't pwned anyone, In fact you haven't even tried.

You have produced precisely zero arguments. And cite that as a virtue.

And I am well aware that your particular cult has a non-standard interpretation of Christianity and
    your belief in an afterlife and judgement is different from that mainstream Christianity.

However I don't give a damn, you still believe in something continuing after death that is judged and either
    punished (destroyed) or carries on in some imagined happy afterlife of some sort.

I short hand this with soul and heaven because it's simpler and has precisely the same context and meaning
    for what I am talking about.

You claim you value life.

I ask how you can possibly claim to value life if you sit on your hands while others destroy it.

You 'answer' by saying you have no need to answer and by insulting me.

You have failed to answer the question, you have failed to deal with my arguments, you have failed.

Now this is in the end inevitable because I am right and you are not and nothing you can do or say will change this.

But you have not even tried.

Very disappointing, and pretty pathetic on your part.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree