1. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8842
    01 Apr '18 12:32
    This thread will be reply to all criticisms of the use of the mouth to draw close to God.

    Come and argue with me Rajk999!

    This thread I dedicate to the matter of the mouth of man in drawing close to and fellowshipping with God SO AS TO LIVE ... by God.
  2. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8842
    01 Apr '18 12:37
    Does calling on the Lord have to mean not obeying the Lord? Or is the critic of calling out to God just making a false dichotomy?

    Poster Rajk999 and the zen master karoly want to make the use of the mouth a necessary detriment to living unto God ipso facto.

    Prepare for a debunkathon.
    I will encourage you all, all the more to open your mouths WIDE to Jesus Christ and to God and to the Holy Spirit to have God effect your LIVING and ABIDING in obedience to Him.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    403
    01 Apr '18 12:41
    The Word "mouth" occurs in 66 verses of the New Testament.

    Luke 6:45 says;
    A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

    It works both ways.
  4. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8842
    01 Apr '18 12:475 edits
    The mouth is living unto God is just about as important as it is the BREATHING.

    No idiot can claim that he breathed ONCE and therefore doesn't have to breath anymore. Breathing is something you must do throughout your entire life.

    If you are not vocally impaired you should thank God. And you should use your mouth to exercise your spiritual being to contact, touch, commune with God. And such communion is good if it becomes almost like breathing.

    In early human history people began to drift away further and further from God. Some less than stupid ones realized that they were mortal, weak, and frail without the Almighty. And they in the fourth generation of mankind began to use their mouths to CALL UPON THE NAME OF GOD.

    Genesis 4:26

    " And to Seth also a son was born, and he called his name Enosh. At that time men began to call upon the name of Jehovah." (Gen 4:26)

    Enosh means - frail and mortal.
    The hint is that people began to realize that they were not that strong in themselves living apart from their Creator God.

    Men and woman began to CALL on the name of God to have a relationship with the God whom they were drifting apart from.

    Maybe some ancient Rajk999 was there too, complaining about "mouth worship," holding people BACK from experiencing God.
  5. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8842
    01 Apr '18 12:58
    Genesis 4:25 must reveal some of the wise people of those early centuries of mankind. Since Adam had departed from God his descendants continued the drift away from the Divine.

    Not everyone was so stupid to not realize "Hey, WE need God. We Need God around here. Let's call out to God."

    Men began in the fourth generation of mankind to use their mouths to CALL out to God. They had heard about God. But they were alone, isolated, alienated from God. Some said "This is not right. I WANT a relationship with this God."

    For that relationship they began to use their mouths to cry out to God - to pour out their needy hearts to God - and to CALL on the name of God.

    "And to Seth also a son was born, and he called his name Enosh [frail mortal person] At that time men began to call upon the name of Jehovah." (Gen 4:26)


    I can hear some of them, in some forgotten language -

    "Oh God! Oh God! I NEED You. Dear God, COME to me. I call on YOU God!"


    They realized they were mortal and needed the Immortal One. They realized they were weak - maybe strong to sin and do evil but weak to do what is right and good. They needed the Almighty One - God.

    No doubt some ancient heretic was standing by accusing them of "mouth worship".
  6. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8842
    01 Apr '18 13:042 edits
    Originally posted by @secondson
    The Word "mouth" occurs in 66 verses of the New Testament.

    Luke 6:45 says;
    A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

    It works both ways.
    Rajk999 has been hounding Christians for calling on the name of God, for speaking the promises of God to strengthen faith.

    "I'm a doer! You'er just a mouther" - that's his attitude.
    Others are being now affected by this foolishness.

    To exercise our faith and our spiritual being the mouth is very useful. Did not God say for us to open wide our mouths that He might fill it?

    Psalm 81:10

    " I am Jehovah your God. Who brought you up out of the land of Egypt; Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it."


    It seems Satan has sent someone here to discourage people from opening their mouth to God. But we need to be filled with the Spirit of God in order to live unto God, even to live God.

    I like someone's idea of a list of favorite verses. To speak them in faith touching the innermost spiritual organ is empowering. And I think some have realized this.
  7. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8842
    01 Apr '18 13:123 edits
    How I expect this thread will be argued against.

    1.) Verses showing God was angry with vain worship.

    2.) Insinuations that the mouth is always VERSES obedience.

    3.) Showing impracticality of speaking in many occasions.

    4.) Tons of passages on worship God was unhappy with in the OT.

    5.) Railing against the assurance of salvation and OSAS.

    6.) Attempts to associate calling on the Lord with not wanting to live for God. False dichotomy.

    7.) Ridicule

    8.) Threat of not being saved.

    9.) Insistence that you never know if you're saved unto the very end of life and then maybe not either.

    10.) Go back to the law keeping to justify yourself for eternal salvation.

    11.) Insisting use of the mouth has to be verses obedience to the commands of Christ.

    12.) Pointing out that not everyone who says "Lord, Lord" will enter into the kingdom of God.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    9422
    01 Apr '18 13:22
    Originally posted by @sonship
    This thread will be reply to all criticisms of the use of the [b] mouth to draw close to God.

    Come and argue with me Rajk999!

    This thread I dedicate to the matter of the mouth of man in drawing close to and fellowshipping with God SO AS TO LIVE ... by God.[/b]
    Why the keenness to argue, on this day of all days?
  9. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8842
    01 Apr '18 13:31
    Today, like any other day is a good day to open your heart and open your mouth and call -

    O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus I TURN my heart to You Lord


    We are as salmon swimming up stream. The current of the world is down and away from Christ, from God.

    If we want reality we well should call upon the name of the Lord Jesus. Whoever calls upon Him will not be put to shame.

    Yes, today is a special day to many believers.
    To me every day is a day to celebrate the risen and living Christ.

    But I respect that today is special to my brothers and sisters in Christ.

    Tomorrow, he may argue.
    And I'll be ready to show again -

    "I love the Lord because He hears My VOICE ... my supplication, Because He inclines His ear to me;

    Therefore I will call upon Him all my days." (Psalm 116:1,2)


    You can use your heart and your mouth and your spirit to CALL UPON THE LORD [b]"ALL [your] days."
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    9422
    01 Apr '18 13:34
    Originally posted by @sonship
    How I expect this thread will be argued against.

    1.) Verses showing God was angry with vain worship.

    2.) Insinuations that the mouth is always VERSES obedience.

    3.) Showing impracticality of speaking in many occasions.

    4.) Tons of passages on worship God was unhappy with in the OT.

    5.) Railing against the assurance of salvation and OSAS.

    ...[text shortened]...
    12.) Pointing out that not everyone who says "Lord, Lord" will enter into the kingdom of God.
    13. Simply share Matthew 21:28-32

    “There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’
    “‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
    “Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go.
    “Which of the two did what his father wanted?”

    “The first,” they answered.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Forum Saver
    In the Light
    Joined
    18 Dec '16
    Moves
    403
    01 Apr '18 14:11
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    13. Simply share Matthew 21:28-32

    “There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’
    “‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
    “Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go.
    “Which of the two did what his father wanted?”

    “The first,” they answered.
    Matthew 5:37
    But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

    Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    9422
    01 Apr '18 14:42
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Matthew 5:37
    But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

    Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
    Wise man say, 'Back up your words with actions. Without them, words are quite useless.'

    Matthew 21:28-32 goes even further. When it actually comes down to it, God favors doers over sayers. (The first son over the second).


    Have you considered changing your username to first son?
  13. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    01 Apr '18 14:59
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Wise man say, 'Back up your words with actions. Without them, words are quite useless.'

    Matthew 21:28-32 goes even further. When it actually comes down to it, God favors doers over sayers. (The first son over the second).


    Have you considered changing your username to first son?
    Second son is more appropriate
  14. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    01 Apr '18 15:011 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    This thread will be reply to all criticisms of the use of the [b] mouth to draw close to God.

    Come and argue with me Rajk999!

    This thread I dedicate to the matter of the mouth of man in drawing close to and fellowshipping with God SO AS TO LIVE ... by God.[/b]
    Every 6 months or so you start a thread like this which attempts to promote mouth worship. But when i call you a preacher of mouth worship you call me a liar.
  15. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    01 Apr '18 15:03
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Rajk999 has been hounding Christians for calling on the name of God, for speaking the promises of God to strengthen faith.

    "I'm a doer! You'er just a mouther" - that's his attitude.
    Others are being now affected by this foolishness.

    To exercise our faith and our spiritual being the mouth is very useful. Did not God say for us to open wide our mouths ...[text shortened]... faith touching the innermost spiritual organ is empowering. And I think some have realized this.
    Who exactly is being affected?
Back to Top