1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 16:542 edits
    @pettytalk said
    Would Jesus teach his brothers and sisters to love the enemy, but not adhere to what he teaches?

Was my picking not of your liking?
    Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh, His message is all about the righteous of God, the grace of God, the goodness of God, the love of God, the judgment of God.

There is no separation between any of God’s attributes, He doesn’t set aside His goodness, righteousness, justice, holiness in His judgment to satisfy His mercy and love.

Through His judgment taken out on Christ every sin, iniquity, shameful act, murderous and lustfull thought and deed were atoned for. We are saved from God’s wrath by the grace in found in Jesus Christ alone. Outside of Christ there is no hope or redemption only judgment and wrath due to our sins against deity and those that love the Lord and are loved by Him. Who do you think Jesus is?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 13:55
    @kellyjay said
    Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh, His message is all about the righteous of God, the grace of God, the goodness of God, the love of God, the judgment of God.

There is no separation between any of God’s attributes, He doesn’t set aside His goodness, righteousness, justice, holiness in His judgment to satisfy His mercy and love.

Through His judgment taken ou ...[text shortened]... our sins against deity and those that love the Lord and are loved by Him. Who do you think Jesus is?
    @pettytalk sounds reminiscent of dasa, but only as a christian.

He spews biblical words and verses onto these pages without regard to their context, and void of exegetical understanding.

I've encountered many alleged christians in my time that are so convinced of their own interpretations that they can't help but project preconceived meaning onto the text. The result is endless debate.

The principal holds true for all others as well. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  3. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 16:21
    @kellyjay said

Through His judgment taken ou ...[text shortened]... our sins against deity and those that love the Lord and are loved by Him. Who do you think Jesus is?
    @pettytalk said
    Would Jesus teach his brothers and sisters to love the enemy, but not adhere to what he teaches?

You did not give an answer to the above.

You keep giving text book definitions of who Jesus is, but I already know all that which is written, and it's not what I asked you.

Please, be a good online neighbor and just answer the question. Here, let me simplify it.

Does Jesus love his own enemies?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 20:50
    @pettytalk said
    @pettytalk said

You did not give an answer to the above.

You keep giving text book definitions of who Jesus is, but I already know all that which is written, and it's not what I asked you.

Please, be a good online neighbor and just answer the question. Here, let me simplify it.

Does Jesus love his own enemies?
    I did give you an answer. Do you think loving your enemies means they can sin against God and others that God loves with impunity, righteousness, and goodness, does not allow for sins to be forgotten just because.
  5. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 21:59
    @kellyjay said
    I did give you an answer. Do you think loving your enemies means they can sin against God and others that God loves with impunity, righteousness, and goodness, does not allow for sins to be forgotten just because.
    What? No grace for the enemy, but only for the neighbors?

If you answered, you are saying that God does not forgive everyone's sins, and also places a limit on the number of sins which can be forgotten/forgiven?

Therefore it seems that to love your enemies, does not mean to unconditionally forgive and forget their sins?

Do you possess a special chart which shows which sins, how many, and how often can sins be forgiven just because God's grace seems to be restrictive and conditional, according to you?

If that's God love for his enemies, or for his Son's enemies, then it's no love at all.

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

Hell, Jesus' daddy did not forgive Adam and Eve at all, no, not even once upon a time.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 23:132 edits
    @pettytalk said
    What? No grace for the enemy, but only for the neighbors?

If you answered, you are saying that God does not forgive everyone's sins, and also places a limit on the number of sins which can be forgotten/forgiven?

Therefore it seems that to love your enemies, does not mean to unconditionally forgive and forget their sins?

Do you possess a special chart which sho ...[text shortened]... en times?”

Hell, Jesus' daddy did not forgive Adam and Eve at all, no, not even once upon a time.
    There is only grace for God’s enemies, who do you think Christians were before they became Christian? While we were yet sinners Christ died for us, the grace offered in Christ is God’s love towards us. There was not anything about us that compels God to act on our behalf except His love. We all can come to Christ because of what He did on our behalf. Treating His grace as something we can treat with contempt is what those do who hear and ignore or reject do!
  7. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 17:07
    @kellyjay said
    There is only grace for God’s enemies, who do you think Christians were before they became Christian?
    You are not making any sense. Are you saying that anyone who is not a Christian is an enemy to God?

Therefore, according to this latest brain-storm idea of yours, all those who lived and died before Christ came around to make Christians, they were all enemies of God?

There's no grace needed for anyone claiming to be a Christian?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Mar '24 17:57
    @pettytalk said
    You are not making any sense. Are you saying that anyone who is not a Christian is an enemy to God?

Therefore, according to this latest brain-storm idea of yours, all those who lived and died before Christ came around to make Christians, they were all enemies of God?

There's no grace needed for anyone claiming to be a Christian?
    All have fallen short! Jesus said He is the way, truth, and life no one comes to the Father except through Him.
  9. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 00:44
    @kellyjay said
    All have fallen short! Jesus said He is the way, truth, and life no one comes to the Father except through Him.
    You have fallen short of senses, and also short of answers.

Is that your go-to reply when you have no answers to the questions you are asked?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 01:331 edit
    @pettytalk said
    You have fallen short of senses, and also short of answers.

Is that your go-to reply when you have no answers to the questions you are asked?
    It is that the whole world every single person is walking in a fallen nature and God can not just ignore our sins. If God did that He would be undermining His goodness and righteousness. If He condemned us all He would be forsaking His love and mercy. Judgment for sin is required and taking on our guilt at the cross accomplishes that righteously so through His righteous judgment at the cross every attribute of God is satisfied. If you want to ignore what Jesus Christ did for you, that’s on you!

YouTube
  11. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 11:52
    @kellyjay said
    It is that the whole world every single person is walking in a fallen nature and God can not just ignore our sins. If God did that He would be undermining His goodness and righteousness. If He condemned us all He would be forsaking His love and mercy. Judgment for sin is required and taking on our guilt at the cross accomplishes that righteously so through His righteous j ...[text shortened]... If you want to ignore what Jesus Christ did for you, that’s on you!

https://youtu.be/qbPxZPsjhbg
    “Is there no prophet of the Lord here, through whom we may inquire of the Lord?”
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 16:41
    @pettytalk said
    “Is there no prophet of the Lord here, through whom we may inquire of the Lord?”
    Read the Bible prayfully you will see it is not a us against them, Christians against the world. It is God trying to save us from entering into His presence unprepared in our sins.

Also because God is the ultimate GOOD and RIGHTEOUSNESS having fellowship with Him is the best thing that could ever happened to us. We treat Him as an afterthought, or a lifeline, for when we get over our heads.

It’s pathetic how we are with God and each other. God as an accessory and people we can treat as objects to be used.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 08:57
    @moonbus said
    Nothing ironic about it at all; logic is not specific to any particular faith (or lack thereof).

Given that there is no a priori argument why the universe could not cease to exist from one instant to the next, for no reason or cause, there is no reason to make any assumptions whatever about beginnings or origins or lack thereof. Origin-fixation is peculiar to the Judeo-Christian mythology. For me, it's a non-issue.
    Do you deny information processing is occurring in life at all?
  14. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    28 Mar '24 21:28
    @kellyjay said
    Read the Bible prayfully you will see it is not a us against them, Christians against the world. It is God trying to save us from entering into His presence unprepared in our sins.

Also because God is the ultimate GOOD and RIGHTEOUSNESS having fellowship with Him is the best thing that could ever happened to us. We treat Him as an afterthought, or a lifeline, for when w ...[text shortened]... w we are with God and each other. God as an accessory and people we can treat as objects to be used.
    I read the Bible playfully! It's all part of a staged play. The appropriate title is "How to Play the Game of Good and Evil."

It's definitely a thing of Us and Them, the Good against Evil, Right against Wrong, Just against Unjust. We are all actors playing our parts in this play, but who knows which is which and who is who?

YouTube
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Mar '24 10:001 edit
    @pettytalk said
    I read the Bible playfully! It's all part of a staged play. The appropriate title is "How to Play the Game of Good and Evil."

It's definitely a thing of Us and Them, the Good against Evil, Right against Wrong, Just against Unjust. We are all actors playing our parts in this play, but who knows which is which and who is who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoLhKJuGhK0
    It is the revealed word of God, to take it like that is you as many here do allow yourselves at your whims to take those parts you like mold them into whatever it is you like it to be, and ignore the rest. Making it say things you can justify yourselves with and promoting those parts you think allows you to ignore those parts you don't want to be true.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree