The Neck of the Giraffe

The Neck of the Giraffe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
I have no idea what you are talking about.
I am asking you a question about Christianity
(in the same way that you have asked questions about evolution)
now ....
that third leg - was it a normal leg or a withered leg?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Dec 18

@wolfgang59 said
I am asking you a question about Christianity
(in the same way that you have asked questions about evolution)
now ....
that third leg - was it a normal leg or a withered leg?
Really, so produce something about the third leg in scripture or somewhere else.

The points I have been bringing up are not made up issues, they are questions
about the soundness of specific issues as I see them. There was nothing insulting
or make believe about what I have been saying.

I found your rapid departure a little mystifying when you shared a link with me
and I shared one with you, you bailed as if I some how insulted your manhood
or questioned your intelligence by presenting you something contrary to the
truth you ascribe to. You that fragile that this is how you treat those that do not
share your world view, you cannot just discuss the points of contention without
insults?

No need to pretend we were having a conversation, if all you want to do is lecture
about how true and accepted your views are, that everyone must accept them, or
they will face ridicule, we can then agree to disagree and move on.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
Really, so produce something about the third leg in scripture or somewhere else.

The points I have been bringing up are not made up issues, they are questions
about the soundness of specific issues as I see them. There was nothing insulting
or make believe about what I have been saying.

I found your rapid departure a little mystifying when you shared a link with me
...[text shortened]... t everyone must accept them, or
they will face ridicule, we can then agree to disagree and move on.
I'm demonstrating that you have as much difficulty explaining Christ's third
leg as others do answering your misinformed questions on evolution.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Dec 18

@wolfgang59 said
I'm demonstrating that you have as much difficulty explaining Christ's third
leg as others do answering your misinformed questions on evolution.
So my questions have to be agreement with the way you see things so you can
understand them? Its not easy for you to talk to someone who doesn't see the world
as you do, therefore I'm clearly misinformed?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
So my questions have to be agreement with the way you see things so you can
understand them? Its not easy for you to talk to someone who doesn't see the world
as you do, therefore I'm clearly misinformed?
Tell me about leg #3 kj.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Dec 18

@wolfgang59 said
Tell me about leg #3 kj.
Well since you cannot or will not define this term I'll share this with you. God so
loved the world He sent Jesus into it to save us from our sins. Christ the Word of
God made flesh became a man and lived among us as one of us. He came into
the world to die for our sins, the sinless for sinners. He laid down His life for us so
we could be forgiven. The guiltless for the guilty. It is for His glory not ours that
He did this showing us His great love for us. After He died and rose from the dead
He sent the Holy Spirit to us so that we can live our lives with God. God's Spirit
within can show us the ways of God that we cannot find our own without God
Spirit's within. Our creator spoke this world into being, and His will be done.

w

Moves
01 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
I think thousands but for me either way it doesn’t matter. I believe billions presents more issues than it solves.
Does it matter? To scientists it matters. To those studying science in school it matters. Does it matter to your salvation? No, but it probably matters to those who are not Christians as they ponder the veracity of the Bible.

In Dr. Schroeder's Genesis and the Big Bang, we see that the age of the universe has been measured using a variety of independent technological systems. Most who dispute science on the issue of the age of the earth dispute only carbon dating, however, there is also Doppler shifts in starlight and isotropic "3 above zero" radiation background methods to measure the age of the universe. And guess what, they all point to the same thing, an earth that is billions of years old.

The methods of these studies are completely unrelated, therefore, an error that might have occurred in one would not appear in the others.

Again, I believe that those of faith embracing a false premise, such as a young earth, repel scientists and those studying science from the truths of scripture. This is about evangelism, not your own personal salvation.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Dec 18

@whodey said
Does it matter? To scientists it matters. To those studying science in school it matters. Does it matter to your salvation? No, but it probably matters to those who are not Christians as they ponder the veracity of the Bible.

In Dr. Schroeder's Genesis and the Big Bang, we see that the age of the universe has been measured using a variety of independent technological sy ...[text shortened]... ng science from the truths of scripture. This is about evangelism, not your own personal salvation.
The only thing I care about is the truth not what matters to people. If I alter my views to suit others I would care more about pleasing people than remaining true to God’s Word.

w

Moves
01 Dec 18

@KellyJay

Which is why I wrote what I wrote.

The truth does matter.

That is why adopting false premises is so destructive to ones witness

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Dec 18

@whodey said
@KellyJay

Which is why I wrote what I wrote.

The truth does matter.

That is why adopting false premises is so destructive to ones witness
You think I have adopted something false? With respect to the age of the earth I am a young Earth creationist, I have to acknowledge that what I believe is not provable neither in my opinion billions of years. We all can present what we think supports our position but that is as far as we can go. The age of the universe isn’t something that bothers my faith scriptures can be argued for both; however, I believe the stronger argument is for a young earth.

Most people who prefer billions of years have beliefs requiring that much time. My view is God is not so limited He does.

Moves
01 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
You think I have adopted something false? With respect to the age of the earth I am a young Earth creationist, I have to acknowledge that what I believe is not provable neither in my opinion billions of years. We all can present what we think supports our position but that is as far as we can go. The age of the universe isn’t something that bothers my faith scriptures can be ...[text shortened]... r billions of years have beliefs requiring that much time. My view is God is not so limited He does.
For me Kelly, the Earth being billions of years old is not a preference. It is an indisputable fact.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Dec 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
For me Kelly, the Earth being billions of years old is not a preference. It is an indisputable fact.
I believe to be young but calling it a factual I will not. You also believe all the fossils at Lucy’s dig are to one creature Lucy, you think that is also true and cannot be in error?

Moves
01 Dec 18

@kellyjay said
I believe to be young but calling it a factual I will not. You also believe all the fossils at Lucy’s dig are to one creature Lucy, you think that is also true and cannot be in error?
Again, I have a trust in the science involved. Please do not equate this 'trust' with 'faith.' This 'trust' is based on verifiable evidence.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Dec 18
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Again, I have a trust in the science involved. Please do not equate this 'trust' with 'faith.' This 'trust' is based on verifiable evidence.
Trust in or have faith in, sorry that is a distinction without a difference. You can not remove the possibility of errors out of equations while knowing that there can be, and think when you do it it’s okay, and not the same thing!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Dec 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Without a doubt each and every fragment is without a doubt a singular creature, and not only that, one that is a ancestor to man? Exactly how do you know this thing if true even had offspring? How many more of these creatures were found elsewhere with the bodies more fully intact?